Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

could use an invite on queeb if there's room!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

interesting perandus chest drop on my level 10 marauder.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Man the RF hate is making me wonder if I should continue my RF totem marauder. So far it's wrecking poo poo at level 44, hopefully it doesnt fall off too quickly.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Anyone running an ice trap build? I've been reading one on the forum that looks like it might be kind of fun to play.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Elerion posted:

You should upgrade your gear so you have maxed (75%) resists in Merciless. Chaos damage is rare and generally not too dangerous before you get to maps at 70+, so don't worry too much about it. It's balanced around the expectation that players have much lower resistance to chaos. Since you're Life/ES hybrid (and chaos damage bypasses ES) you might want to get a little bit.

To upgrade gear, go to http://poe.trade and search for items in your league. Generally for leveling gear, I would set the max buyout to 1 alchemy, set the max level to your own level, and search for items with high [Total] maximum life and [Pseudo] Total resist. Lower those thresholds until you find something. Generally you should be able to find a few items with 60%+ resists which will get you capped quickly.

Dried Lake is so popular because: It has really high monster density, open layout with no dead ends, relatively harmless mobs (bring a bleed flask) and two bosses to kill for drops if you have high single target dps. It's high enough level that there is no currency drop penalty, and no xp penalty until you should be well into maps anyway. It's almost a perfect farming zone.

thank you so much for this, I never really knew how to use poe.trade a ton to find what i wanted, but this breakdown really helped.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Syrinxx posted:

Going to pick this game back up after being gone for 1.5+ years. What happened to the seasons/races? Those were tons of fun but the current calendar stops in Feb.

Also are there any newbie bundles like from Humblebundle, Alienware Arena, Raptr, etc? Is it worth grabbing some cash points to get items or something that could help me speed level a few toons up?

the current season is probably the best one they've ever done.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

how can these guys put out such cool stuff each league, while D3 is just a few changes to start a new season? this poo poo looks awesome.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

climboutonalimb posted:

Yea I think standard is popular with a lot of folks that don't like "starting over" or don't have time, etc. Non-league HC is a wasteland though. There are like 10 players total.

this is so weird to me, the only time I play D3 or PoE is in a league, the whole fun thing about these games to me is getting poo poo and powering up a character. after a certain point I need to start over or it just gets boring.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

man you can trade prophecys? gonna be interesting seeing how that works out. this league sounds great.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

update is out on steam!

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Touchdown Boy posted:

Im in a queue for 13k+ people at the moment, just checking to ask if thats normal... I am pretty sure it did a download so I can hopefully play once the queue fucks off.

Also thanks for the replies. Ill go 2h and see how EQ pans out, can always regret a few nodes later if needed.

I'm 3500 :smug:

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

toot

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

panda clue posted:

I honestly think not many people are trying to use this thing because its not immediately obvious how good it could be until you really read the mod and think about it. I'd probably make a guy that uses it, but I'm too busy working on a Reach of the Council trap/mine mirror arrow pet build.

I guess a high phys crit build would probably work best with this? bow looks super fun and I feel like leveling something else.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Can someone critique a build? I literally havent made a build at all in this game before since i'm semi-new so feel free to call me retarded:

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscr...WP53frr_gr-j_7I

I kind of editited a Mathil's windripper inquisitor build to take it through phys nodes instead to take advantage of Doomfletch Prism's kinda crazy 310 extra elemental from phys. Use inquisitor's elemental damage perks to take it even further.

Edit: Updated to use the official tree, poebuilder looks out of date or something.

queeb fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Jun 16, 2016

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Touchdown Boy posted:

Inquisitor Doomfletch Prism Bow.

Cant quite decide. Anyone tried either of these?

I'm doing this right now. only level 48 but it's pretty drat strong with the first 2 ascendency nodes, I can only see it getting more insane once I start picking up damage nodes and stuff in the ranger area. First ~40 levels are ok, i just leveled with a elemental bow/storm cloud, since you get some ele damage nodes over in the templar are before shooting over to ranger. once you hit 40 and pick up a couple crit nodes, holy jesus. Do reccomend.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Can I get an invite on my char QueebSC? thanks!

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

whypick1 posted:

The video has ZiggyD showing off a 6 Fire Golem/Suicide Bomber Necromancer setup.

drat that looks fun. I was thinking of doing SRS for this league start so that will transition nicely.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Maddot_66 posted:

My raider based take on Mathil's dream feather build was so much fun in essence, I am so stoked for the ascendancy changes to do that build again.

this sounds really drat cool now with the raider buffs, do you have a general tree you're thinking of using?

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Jinnigan posted:

Yeah, there were a bunch of minion buffs that make SRS look even more powerful than last league. Also that flame golem buff doesn't affect SRS, necessarily, but it's a nice support buff

e: does flame golem benefit SRS??

pretty sure a flame golem/srs build will be bananas

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Anyone have a blade flurry raider tree? I've seen assassin ones but no raider yet.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Zaekkor posted:

I am trying to follow this Golemancer hype train, but not 100% sure what to do for leveling.

Right now I'm just using SRS + Faster Casting, Zombies with Minion Life and Speed, Flame Dash+ Faster Casting, Flesh Offering and leveling my Orb of Storms gem. I throw in a Flame totem to help do damage while I'm getting my spirits out.

Edit: I am only Act 2 normal right now not going super fast

Srs melee splash and minion damage will carry you a long time, all in act 1. Buy a reverberation wand for 1c as well for free spell echo.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

I'm really having fun with 3x golem + SRS, just waiting to get a primordial might to get agressive AI for the golems. So much damage.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

theshim posted:

You can basically check out my Witch over here: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/theshim/characters (shimOnFire)

My gear is a solid meh across the board, but I'm doing yellow maps pretty effortlessly now. Still need uber lab for Mastermind of Discord, that'll add another ton of damage. Got around 4.6k life and room to grow. I really really want a 6l now.

Do you orb of storms every pack? I have a level 28 witch that just got Vortex, but EE makes every monster strong to fire when I hit them.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

I'm guessing vortex isnt a great leveling skill? Ipicked it up at 28 with a pyre and tossed it in with added cold, and it takes like 8 casts to kill a rare somteims. Definitely might be doing something wrong but even normal packs dont get one shot.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

theshim posted:

help I know way too much about path of exile

Also thinking when I get home tonight I'm going to switch out my boots for Windscream and add a CoH Eleweak setup to my Orb of Storms. Shame they only have 10% movespeed, but it'll give me a huge boost to damage for a much smaller survivability loss.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/queebl/characters

Character is QueebV!

Edit: What ascendencys would you pick up first? I may ahve to switch over to firestorm to kill izaro I think.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Orb of storms would still make things fire resistant using pyro though right? I use it and stuff goes cold vuln but still is lightning/fire reistant.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

It's crazy what happens to prices when a bunch of streamers make videos about one skill.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

double hand of wisdom and action CI blade flurry is the strongest build I've ever played for the smallest amount of currency put into it

if you wanted to you could build it to the moon and dump 15 ex into it but that's largely unnecessary because you can kill t16s with a 5 link

it's only real rival atm is poison bv because that mechanic is really actually 100% broken but that doesn't have half the clear speed

is there a build/thread for this? I've got 2, going to level something with a friend soon and this sounds fun.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Bob NewSCART posted:

I haven't played since I used mathils ele spectral throw build way back when. What's a super safe starting build for this league, and how long out is the end of this one?

SRS is a good start, its really fun right now. And we're like 2.5 weeks into this one I think so it's got a while until the end.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

How's the clear speed on that max block glad for those playing it? I have a bunch of glass cannon build that are stuck around t7 maps, i need a tanky character to push maps higher for currency I think.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Can grandpa totems do the breach areas? Having to keep moving to keep the timer up seems like it could be difficult. I have a 75 brototem chieftain I gave up on but maybe I'll try him out again.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

What's the best class for an ED character?

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

theshim posted:

I'll stick my head back in for 2.6 for a bit, but I'm really waiting on 3.0 to get super invested again. All that said, Path of Exile is loving great, you guys.

it really is, it deserves the popularity it seems to be gaining. I find myself playing longer and longer each league, I'm winding down now on breach but man, game keeps getting better and better.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Hulebr00670065006e posted:

Is there any reason to complete act 4 in merc? I have gotten the skill quest and just started mapping instead. Does that make sense?

challenge I think but other than that no

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Ciaphas posted:

It's sort of astonishing how good abusing the BV bug feels, and how bad a BV zerker feels compared to everything else I've leveled without it.

Not liking the BV zerker? I'm up to level 30 with it now and it's decently fun.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

yeah I want some 2.6 info

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

cinci zoo sniper posted:

"The full details of Content Update 2.6.0 and its accompanying league are scheduled to be announced on Thursday the 16th of February (US Time)."

sweet.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cf6Ha-R7taA

this looks really awesome

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

quote:

because you have to find items that represent these leagues and you can get various properties on them.

sounds like you get items to enable the other leagues, and they can also have like magic and rare versions and poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

I'll probably start with a bog standard ED/Contagion Occultist, soulstrike/wicked ward. then start building into some of the absurd legacy stuff whenever i get lucky.

• Locked thread