Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos

I am catte butte in game and hang out around rank 150. Someone give me money so I can afford to upgrade phasma and luminara to 7*. I'm basically done collecting chars aside from droids. I have enough chars to win galactic war every day now so that helps but poo poo is expensive. I maybe buy $20 a month of IAP.

Get poggle and geonosian soldier and some droids and gently caress poo poo up.

Things are slower now that they ruined my free premium currency fueled event binging on training droids and credits.

I use sidious as my leader. Off the bat I then go for either the opponent's sideous or a low HP DPS char. I use sidious' main attack which prevents healing, I then drop the first target. I basically repeat this process and take out the healers last unless I have another reason to do so. I like Kylo's third focused attack as it tends to murder targets (especially if kylo is < 50%) and never misses. I use Asajj to remove poggle or phasma buffs and murder with the AOE attack. Luminara is a fantastic DPS/healer especially with her HOT. Phasma is good for the DPS buff but has kind of poo poo damage.

A fun rotation is multi-attack and counter-attack so use phasma as leader + dooku + kylo (with aoe attack counter buff).

Anyone else notice that Luminara's force blast is awesome on pretty much every target except Sidious? It misses more than half the time on him so I know never to use it.

cowofwar fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Mar 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
I just laugh when the game obviously cheeses me on GW, I'll just get my credits the next day.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos

Spakstik posted:

Why does Biggs' description say he has "built in ship synergies"? Was this dropped content or something?

I assume pilots.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos

The Dave posted:

Not sure if I should farm a character I don't give a poo poo about, or just hoard GW and Arena shards. I have SId, i86, lumi, and phasma at 7 stars and they're the only ones I care about.

I have my core dps and then focus on healers first then support. It's nice to have a slate of healers to sub in as well as poggle, obi-wan and other good support.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos

Chilichimp posted:

No wonder I've been blazing through GW...

Yeah, I faced only 1 squad that was higher than mine and it was by like 1 level.

Tagichatn posted:

There was a small patch today: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/17967/game-update-3-3-2016#latest
GW is fixed so it shouldn't be impossible anymore. I'm curious how it works out at level 70. Oh and people that didn't get their cheevo for month long logins get the rewards in their inbox.
I only recently have been able to clear all GW now that I have 15 purple level 70 chars all 5+* with three 7*.

There are still days where I will get cheesed and not be able to fully complete. We'll see if anything changes.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
At 70 for me GW didn't seem to change with the patch.

I have Bariss now at 70 in addition to Luminara, JC, Daka, ewok elder, ahsoka and talia which makes heals not a problem for when JC and lum get cheesed off the bat. Didn't have to use obi or poggle today, only phasma.

I start with sidious, asajj, kylo, lum, JC and then sub in support, healers or dps as they die.

I wish i could get more stars for darth maul, he rocked early on but now at 70 4* he dies easily and doesn't do as much damage as asajj.

cowofwar fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Mar 4, 2016

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Ugh, I am trying to get mk iv purple laptops for bariss and I just got zero for ten attempts.

I only IAP for crystals to spend on credits when I accumulate a poo poo load of training droids. At least that has a guaranteed use. Never IAP for energy to gamble.

cowofwar fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Mar 4, 2016

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos

Jibo posted:

Counterpoint: Always use crystals on energy refills because they are relatively cheap and you're going to take forever to unlock and gear characters if you don't.

Every day I use my 100 free crystals for cantina energy and 1-2x50 free crystals for normal energy. I mean don't spend real money to buy crystals to spend on energy.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos

Chilichimp posted:

So I just 7*'ed my 7th F2P Character.

Sources for each:
GW Token: 3
Arena Tokens: 2
Cantina Tokens: 1
Cantina Battles: 1

I spent some time grinding out a Daka in there too, but I think this is about the speed/curve you can expect from the various sources.

So I will probably have 7 starred at least 1 more GW toon before QGJ is done, and I'll probably finish up Greedo around the same time. So you're getting characters at least 2x faster form GW than from Cantina, probably close to 3x faster.

Why the gently caress do they keep adding characters to the Cantina shop? Please add more toons to GW, because I'm now just Starring up Resistance Pilot because I can... I have no plan to use him.
Cantina shop costs the most premium currency to grind tokens.
100 energy then 200 energy etc.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
*dodges while stunned.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos

Tai posted:

For a giggle I bought 2 x chrom packs and got 2* IG86 and 4* Kylo Ren. Are either of these worth investing in gear and shard farming time for? My current farm is shard farming QGJ/Geno/JC and trying to unlock Dooku, Lumi and Sid.

Kylo for sure. Maybe IG-86 once you get all the other GW toons.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
I wish I had credits because right now I upgrade to 6 and then just let 7* happen on its own. The 1M credits for that upgrade is not cheap. Phasma and Lum are both still 6* with 100/100 shards.

Hopefully the level increase waits another month, almost done leveling all my other dudes so that will free up a lot of credits.

19 dudes at 70 and purple. About six more waiting around 40-60.

cowofwar fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Mar 7, 2016

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
I run kylo, asajj, sidious, JC and lum for GW out of the gate. JC always dies first and I swap in barriss.

Lately GW has been very easy with only one or two deaths.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Daka stun that dooku rear end in a top hat

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
I wont make 6* either.

Lum 7*
JC 6*
Eeth 6*
Qui-Gon 5*
Ahsoka 5*
Barris 4*
Mace 4*
Obi-Wan 4*
Kit 3*

Been working on Ahsoka and Barris.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos

Tai posted:

Urgh dunno who to drop from my team when I get Sid tomorrow.

Lumi 3* (no)
JC 4*
QGJ 3*
GS 4* (no)
Kylo 4*

Anyone give a brief overview on this toda event so I can make the most of it?

JC

Fight 7 stages. Each stage requires five jedi at shard level 1-7. Up to five you get gold and yoda shards, at 5 you get yoda.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Drop rate on these mk VI purple cubes is poo poo. At least the attempts also drop blue laptops of which i need a poo poo ton.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
You should do a minimum of three arena attempts a day to clear all your daily achievements.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Because consume items and energy to drive IAP.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
I got a yoda but only 3/5 of a 6* squad. Ahsoka is very close but i wont have time to get qui-gon, barris or mace up in time.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Haha wow, the bundle that just came out that includes 4* anakin and 2* qui-gon with a couple qui-gon and ahsoka sharda is awful. $85 for literally nothing.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
I swear the drop rate for shards is reduced in cantina. I get like two shards for Bariss a day.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Brought my team up from 3 7* 2 6* to 4 7* 1 6* and GW got substantially harder. Had to do some retreats and run Dooku and Daka to prevent serious cheese with their stuns.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
I always thought Mol Eliza was a whale with 20 accounts.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
They will release new IAP driving content from the queue when revenue starts to dip just like every other mobile game. People are smarter now because they know if they spend money for anything it will be made worthless by the next inevitable patch. In mobile gaming it's not pay to pay it's pay to rent to play.

cowofwar fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Mar 11, 2016

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos

Pimpmust posted:

Reminder that in this Pokemans Star Wars game players still cannot collect, or even purchase, Luke Skywalker with a lightsaber.

Or Rey, for that matter.
That poo poo is being held back for the whales man.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos

Pimpmust posted:

Of course, but it's still funny.

The load splash screen shows luke with a lightsabre.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos

Pimpmust posted:

Luke with a lightsaber *is in the game*, you fight him in one of the missions. So it's even more blatant that they are holding him back just to fish for whales/money once the release hype dies off (which is about... now).

Also scoundrel Han Solo.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
That was loving painful. Like all 70 squads at every GE node. Couldn't get through a GS, poe, poggle squad without a suicide swuad to blow their cooldowns.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
I like how a mirror image of my A team is way faster and stronger in GW than mine despite my team being completely maxed out.

Hey let's do ten nodes of the exact same level 70 team of sid/daka/phasma/lum

Why do I even play this game; getting repeatedly cheesed isn't fun.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
You guys are crazy. I've been working on getting Bariss up to 5* and it's taking forever.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Goddamn purple dildos.

Also I was sitting at < 100 in arena so I'm letting myself drop ranks to see if that helps with the endless walls of purple 70s in GW.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
I like Ahsoka concept but she would get iced out of the gate every loving time so I don't use her.

Also there are only three droids and I only have one :(

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Well running a meat bag squad whenever poggle or phasma comes up helps to drain off the cheese attacks and debuffs out of the gate.

Also anyone run phasma, dooku, kylo, qui-jon, lum for counterattack and multiattack? Should be effective vs sid/kylo and aoe squads

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
So lum and phasma are 7* while ig86 and poggle are 6*. Who should I dump GW shards in to?

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Was at 64/65 shards for Barris so I thought I'd grab the last one doing the hard mode battles. 0/6, nope.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
I only spend money on crystals to buy credits if I have a poo poo load of accumulated training droids. It's the only thing with a guaranteed pay off. You can pay $10 and level a poo poo ton of characters or maybe get some shards by spending it on energy which has a diminishing return on purchase and you could end up empty handed.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos

Malgrin posted:

Long term, energy pays off really well, especially if you do it while starting out. Early on, I was doing 2 refreshes of Cantina (300 crystals) and 4 refreshes of normal (300 crystals), which results in an additional 240 cantina energy and 480 regular energy. Not only does this speed your leveling progress, but it also increases how many training droids you get early (which, until about level 60, it's easy to run out of those). By leveling faster, unlocking cantina battle/cantina token heroes, and getting purple gear faster, you'll find it easy to stay near the top of arena until people start to catch up in levels, at which point you should be several thousand crystals ahead from arena winnings. I put about $50 into this game, and until the past 3 weeks (been playing since December), I was staying in the top 10 without trying, and getting top 3 almost every day.

Now that I'm 70, yeah, gold and cantina refreshes are the only thing worth doing. I'm keeping top 20 most days, and putting 100 crystals into regular energy and 100 crystals into cantina per day, saving up the rest (about 100 crystals per day) so that when the level cap comes around, I will be able to level a little faster again.
Yeah, I also started in December and did the same thing. Spent money on refreshes at the beginning but stopped after a month and since have been using free crystals on 1 cantina and 2 normal refreshes a day.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
The frequency of my attacks getting dodged is like way up across all characters. It's getting a bit retarded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos

Jibo posted:

Speaking of PVP teams, is anyone here running a high ranked Jedi team? I'm basically waiting on Yoda to come back so I can finish mine and I'm curious how viable they are in this world covered in Dookus and Sids. I'm also curious if I should consider running Yoda as the leader rather than QGJ.

I've started running barriss, lum, jc, ahsoka and eeth in GW. Damage isn't great but they can generally outlast which is the important thing. I use my other squads to open if a phasma or poggle is present.

Not sure if pure jedi squads can cut it for regular pvp since high damage toons are dark side.

• Locked thread