Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

In-Game name is same as Goon name: Mile'ionaha

467-526-968

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Grey Fox posted:

I just hit that mission today and it's just as bad as you made it sound :(

Still having fun, though! Ended today's Arena in my group's top 100 for the first time. Getting close to Sidious.

gently caress that mission, haha.

I hit 150 in arena, feels good man.

I'm not whaling it, but I have been playing a leeetle bit obsessively soooo

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Hey, muchos gracias to whomever mentioned sending waves of chumps at people in galactic warfare. I don’t know if I ever would have noticed the ‘retreat’ option hidden in the upper left, much less the way it impacted GW gameplay. It definitely encourages having a roster that is both broad AND powerful.

Someone mentioned hoping the chump squad could kill a single enemy unit. That’s asking way too much in my opinion, I levelled up my 1 star ewoks and clone troopers and all I ask them to do is soak up a single turn’s worth of taunts and special attacks while making the Whilhelm Scream and panic’d R2D2 noises before retreating. If they manage to successfully hurt the other squad, that’s just icing.

Then my A-Team comes in, snipes the main DPS, and then can whittle down the tanks and supports at their leisure. Very useful (to me) when you’re to the last 4 battles.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Grey Fox posted:

I just hit that mission today and it's just as bad as you made it sound :(

HaHA! gently caress that mission.

Old Ben helped, both for the +Dodge and for his mass lockdown. Gave me time to kill a few troopers in each wave before they grenaded my entire team.

1*, but I'll take it.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Blackchamber posted:

There is no emotion, there is peace.

Maybe something happens in endgame levels, but I feel pretty happy with the RNG.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Chilichimp posted:

Holy loving poo poo, why am I not doing this?

Dunno!

Completely GW on my second attempt with that strat. Have continued to do so.

And broke 100 in the Arena. And should get Phasma another star today. It's a pretty good day.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Pimpmust posted:

Like that rear end in a top hat who came out of nowhere with a lvl 47 4 star Sid and a 13 628 power rating (when everyone else is around 10 000, lvl 44-46) who took my #334 spot from #392 right now :wtc:

Had a draw fight with a dude who had a Phasma and a high lvl FO Pilot, drat does that dude hit like a bunch of bricks! Very squishy though. I really need some more 4-stars, this just aint' cutting it on the damage front.

e: Is the Strength in Allies achievement broken? Says I got 14/25 when my whole drat ally list if full (35 people). Does it only count people you add yourself, not the ones who send an ally request?

Your "35" includes requests as well as accepted allies.

Go click on your 'manage requests' list and I bet you'll see a lot of unanswered requests in both directions.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Malgrin posted:

I just got the Ewok Elder, and I'm wondering if there's a reason more people don't use him. His kit is pretty good because his heal (although weaker than other characters' heals) removes ALL debuffs from your team. Additionally, he has the ability to revive other champs. I'm like level 44, so maybe that's the only reason he seems good, but, so far, I like him a lot.
Also, I don't have Lumi or Barris yet.

It would be downright hilarious if a fuzzy murderbear was a top-tier endgame character over all the Jedi et al.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Tom Tucker posted:

Just got Princess Leia and goodness does she tear through people. Does anyone know if Potency affects her double / triple attack chance?

Could use some allies on here, code is: 574-624-554

Leia is a goddamn murder machine.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Sharzak posted:

Oh for fucks sake. The game is acting like I just installed it. It's not letting me skip the tutorial to sign in. Is there a way around this or do I just have to do all this poo poo before I can sign in?

Happened to me, yeah, you have to rush the tutorial and the ~3 battles.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Malgrin posted:

While I'm sure that is the correct thing to do, I'm tempted to get Resistance Pilot to 4* before resuming my Lumi grind. I just unlocked and leveled Sid, and the two of them work really well together. I've got Pilot critting for 1800-2k at 2 stars, level 46, so I can only imagine what his damage will look like at 4*.

Yeah, I farm shards in HardMode all I can, especially for Resistance Trooper, Chewie, and Lumi/JC

GW rewards having a broad powerbase, plus it's fun for me. I nearly have Resistance Trooper to 3* from doing his Hardmode shards every day, maybe even get him to 4* eventually.

Who do folks grind up in Cantina? I unlocked Luke, now working on Talia to 5*

Also, anyone consider a mostly-Nightsister group?
Daka, Talia, Asajj, and Ahsoka. With the +20% dodge it'd be really frustrating to fight, I think.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Chilichimp posted:

I do not have credits, except by the grace of cheevos. What I need is more training droids.

I usually completely ignore the "spend crystals to get things" deals, but spotted 7 T5 trainers for 50 crystals and jumped on it. No regrets!

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Mooktastical posted:

Not to mention that he's going to whiff like crazy against the army of Sidiouses that you're going to be up against when you get into the 50's.

I realize it is pretty iconic, but it seems odd how shafted Jedi are.

GW chat: Force Quit maybe the best Jedi power, but it is definitely an exploit. On the other hand, I think retreating is pretty awesome since it encourages you to have a bigger bench and be flexible in your tactics. Maybe they could add a kind of timer that ensures you get at least a full round of combat on both sides before you are allowed to retreat.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Kegslayer posted:

Can confirm that Phasma and Daka pretty much secure Arena. I've never placed lower than 20 and I managed to secure second place yesterday when Daka's stuns kept proccing.

Just got sub50 today! And just unlocked Daka. Time to griiiind.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Zotix posted:

What hard modes are you guys farming? I always do Dooku, Fives, Rey, Daka, Aosoka.

JC, Rey, Resistance Trooper, Jedi Guardian (gently caress that Tanks Only mission), and Dooku.

Will farm Daka when I find that mission.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Hizawk posted:

I've never cheesed or retreated ever!

I never knew you could! So, I just blast someone down and retreat and the dude stays dead?!

Yep. My most common tactic is to run in a B-team until their tank taunts, then retreat.

Going A-B-A also seems an interesting strategy.

Unrelated, maybe it's because I only have her at 4* and so am more sensitive to it, but Daka seems to be a bullet magnet. The enemy AI just loooves to focus fire her down and she's way too fragile. After all this, looks like I have a lot more Cantina grinding to get her to 5-6* :P

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Mr. Neutron posted:

Huh, never though of cheesing it like that, best I could come up with was bringing all the level 1-40s in first as cannon fodder for Sid and Lumi to waste their nukes on in the latter battles. I'll keep it in mind.

Also, is Jedi Guardian as weak as everyone says? I'd like to build a Jedi squad for fun but apart from the obligatory Luminara and JC, the only other free Jedi I have is Ahsoka, all others seem to be cash shop only.

Only reason I'm grinding JG is to help with the Tank-Only challenge mission.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Protip:

Dont switch from GW to Arenas, forget you have done so, and then Force Close after losing your tank.

Doh!

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Chilichimp posted:

I've legit done this, the struggle is real.

You should drop Talia like a hot rock and get a 7-star Lumi like a loving BOSS

I like Talia and no-one can tell me otherwise.

Self-healing DPS who can occasionally pull out a clutch heal? She also kinda serves as a tank because of the self-heal. I can't wait to boost it up to 45% lifesteal while getting her gear up to Purple.

Some Guy Upthread posted:

Beat up tanks to work down cooldowns.

This is also lifechanging. My general GW progression (for the last few fights) is now this:

1) Send in B-Team until tanks taunt.
2) Retreat, send in A-team to murder DPS.
3) Bring in healers to heal up team/refresh cooldowns.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Mile'ionaha posted:

This is also lifechanging. My general GW progression (for the last few fights) is now this:

1) Send in B-Team until tanks taunt.
2) Retreat, send in A-team to murder DPS.
3) Bring in healers to heal up team/refresh cooldowns.

Self-quoting, but I just want to reiterate how *fun* GW is.

Even with Force-Quit, it’s way more interesting. You get to be very tactical, sacrifice pawns to make progress, and generally have more to play with than the other matchups in this game.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Chilichimp posted:

Luminara is the 3rd fasted ATTACKER in the game, and she comes with a group heal. She's usually the first to attack and can be devastating in conjunction with a Poe debuff.

Already have Lumi, using my GW tokens on her. I'm just slowly grinding hardmodes and Cantina battles for Talia.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Mr. Neutron posted:

I am a big fan of Luke, with Sid leading he crits quite often and hard and hes only 4* blue. As soon as I get him to 5* and purple gear I'm gonna bring him into arena, too.

Ditto. Luke is a good B team, or sub in as DPS.

I want to see a high level Poe with Luke leading.

Regen as much as he takes on most attacks!

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

oops wrong forum posted:

LMAO, when are we getting Jedi Luke? I played Hard 5-B Dark Side so I could get to C and start farming Bariss, my team of leader 4* Phasma gear VII, 5* Sid gear VII, 4* IG-88 gear VI, 4* IG-86 gear VI, 4* Daka gear VI, lvls 56, 56, 50, 50, 52, and a borrowed 4*FOTP gear VI, breezed through until they got to solo Jedi Luke. He slaughtered my entire team with his Crit Up Attack Up Evasion BS, attacking multiple times and one-shotting most of my team. No idea how to take this guy down. Daka stunned him before she got one-shotted but it didn't matter since his meter immediately refilled.

Huh, I facerolled him no problem. I don't think he got to go more than once.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Hughlander posted:

Here's the key to tank only. Each hit on the droids resets the shatter timer

Not quite true. I tried having Chewie focus Mace and my Imperial Guard smack the droids. They never got a turn, and I still got shattered.

But I can beat it on the higher difficulty with Chewie+Guard only, it just takes some luck.

If Guard gets beat up too much in the first two waves, it doesn't work. I also actually got him a few gear levels and to 2*.

The Shatter debuff can be overwritten by ANY buff. Chewie's self-heal includes a buff. Guard can also buff the whole team.

Procedure:

1) Get lucky in the first two waves.
2) Once you get to Mace, focus damage on him.
3) If Chewie gets the Debuff, Use Guard Buff.
4) If Guard gets the debuff, Have Chewie Taunt.
5) If Chewie gets the debuff AGAIN, use his Regen.
6) Pray.

After gearing up my guard I can beat it 85% of the time. Level 52.

oops wrong forum posted:

What team/lvl did you use when you beat him? I mean it was face-smashing like I really wasn't expecting

Level 51. Blue Gear.

Derp.

Phasma, Sid, Talia, OLD DAKA STUNLOCK, IG-86.

Mile'ionaha fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Jan 11, 2016

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Chilichimp posted:

I kill mace 100% of the time on diff 2 before he gets shatter off.

Have 5 tanks at lvl 40 with rank 4 gear.

Comedy option is killing mace with your own mace.

... Thaaaaanks.

I was offering advice to folks like me who have 2 tanks, total.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Chilichimp posted:

No Poe? Sucks.

Android. I got Phasma.

No regrets whatsoever!

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Chilichimp posted:

Use Arena to grind Sidious, use Galactic War to grind Luminara/Phasma, use Cantina battles to grind Old Daka/Poe.

Poe loving owns, you guys. Get him. GET HIM.

loving hell. I was working on Kylo to replace IG-86 in my Dark team now I gotta work on Poe? Aaaarg.

Also, I ain't ever pulled poo poo from Bronzium aside from 10 Snowtrooper shards.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

commish posted:

Poe and Kylo are farmed from different locations. Can still do both.

Oh, I see. Grind the Kylo mission and spend the currency on Poe shards.

Which means I'd have to stop grinding up Daka. Either way I'm kinda boned.

Maybe I'll get Daka one more star (just got her Purple gear) then get Poe to the top.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

I need to make friends with a blinged out L60 Light Side leader.

Remember WALL OF TROOPER GRENADES?

And then the sequel, WALL OF SUPER ROBOTS?

The very last Light Side normal mission completes the trilogy: Wall of Grenades, now with one dude taunting!

I can beat the mission, but can't 3* it at Level 55. And they're all L59, so debuffs don't stick.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

The way to get epic gear is to log in every 6 hours and buy all the Shipments you can for credits.

I do it habitually and randomly see people with complete epic stuff ready to be crafted and equipped.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Malgrin posted:

Oh yeah, been meaning to post this...managed to win though:

Haha, happened to me a few days ago.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

rabidsquid posted:

I think the problem is that there's no real challenge to certain GW fights. You can brute force win or lose now. That's not very strategic.

Bingo. I'd rather they kept Retreat as it was, but nuked Force Quit somehow.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

State of the Galactic War:

(Note: I am on a fairly easy going server that isn’t obsessed with Rey/FoTP, and we’ve only just hit 60-61)

Winning the GW is important. Assuming you spend your free crystals on energy refreshes, at endgame you’re hungry for three things: Credits, Character shards, and Upgrade materials. GW fixes all of these.

On my most recent full completion I acquired: 450kcreds, 3 T3 upgrades, 1200 GWbux. Oh, and 25 ***(or higher) droids.

My team: 6* Sid, 6* Lumi, 5* Daka, 5* Phasma, 4* Resistance Trooper (that took forever)

Healing and Abilities
And it’s not about winning battles, it’s about winning The War. The trick is to cycle cooldowns. It’s not enough to win a battle, you need to win and be ready for the next one. I try to always be topped up on health, and aim to have one of my healers ready to heal at the beginning of each fight. First round of AoEs takes me down, healer gets me back up: by the end of the fight the other healer is ready to go if need be. I don’t think I could do this with one healer.

If I can’t win well enough, I retreat or Force-Quit.

B-teams and C-teams
Throw-away teams still work! You can still throw units at an enemy squad to soak up their taunts, but you gotta commit. Try to focus on sniping one character, and realize the entire B-team will die. No more keeping Phasma on all squads, your B-team needs to be its own thing.. My B-Team is Luke, IG-86, Talia, Chewie, and Kylo. They run in, try to Healing Debuff someone, and focus fire them down as they all die horribly. Then my A-team comes in and mops up.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

As an aside, DS Hard 5-A is complete bullshit.

I have become Chewbacca, Destroyer of Worlds. He's, like, speed 140 and self-heals for 16,000. And resists basically everything.

Welp.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

oops wrong forum posted:

5B is worse, Jedi Luke is a one-man wrecking crew. Good news is the rest of Hard 5 is easy compared to those two. Then 6A-6B Hard........ :negative:

Just finished that fight. He murdered two of my crew and Daka got them back on their feet before we finished the fight. He loves hitting for 6000 and critting for over 8000.

Re:Revives,
Can confirm it said 1 Star when I finished, but says 3 Star on the stage-select screen.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Chilichimp posted:

I wanna dick-punch the guy who told me to get Old Daka instead of starring up my Poe.

I love my Daka, Poe will come in time.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

7* Sid, 7* Lumi.

I finish in the top 25 most days, my bracket is super laid back. I've only recently seen a Poe here and there.

Right now I'm grinding up Poe and Stormtrooper Han just for the Tank Challenge. I want those sweet Epic loots.

Then... I dunno, Daka to 7? Hoard shards? Not sure, really.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

kaschei posted:

Trash tier ReyI in this game

I thought, counter-attack spam notwithstanding, Rey was good?

I just unlocked her at 4*, do I need to wait 'til she hits 6* to be great?

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Tagichatn posted:

Like Daka is actually not supposed to resurrect herself

I call shenanigans. Daka living to old age by sheer virtue of being unwilling to die is metal and should stay in game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Malgrin posted:

I have stopped doing the tank or support challenge. I have about 150+ of the purple items each...they really need to add the related rarer purple items and adjust how gear works cause this is just ridiculous. I always need 100+ mk4 laptops...

Keep doing them. Trust me.

the tank challenge provides a bunch of blue items you'll need hundreds of as you unlock characters.

• Locked thread