Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Pimpmust posted:

Anyone know if there's a full character rooster somewhere? Either I can't navigate the EA site or its kinda garbage with information. Like, I know I've seen old school Chewie with the ammo belt and bowcaster, but the one I got is the prequel version with the wooden weapon - how does that work? Seems to be a number of characters with several different versions, are those "unlocked" at higher stars or can you have like a full team of Leia/Han/Lukes/Obi-Wan from all their own 3-5 different versions?

Musket Luke is :whatup:
swgohcantina.com has all the playable characters, there are AI-only versions of characters (like Jedi Luke) but the only character that has two playable versions I can think of is Jedi Knight Anakin/Darth Vader.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Biggs' description mentions "built in ship synergies" so that seems like a safe bet.

How do Potency/Tenacity work?

How do critical damage bonuses work? If my crits are 150% and I have +20% critical damage from Sidious, do they do 170% (150+20) or 180% (150% * 120%)?

How do critical chance bonuses work? If my crit chance is 30%and I have +10% critical chance is my new critical chance 40% or 33%?

I read that physical critical chance is critical rating/2000, but I can't find what it is for special critical rating. Is it just the given value as a percentage? Consular crits often enough with Attack as Defense for me to believe it.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

How does losing ladder rank work? Does someone have to specifically beat you or are you just pushed down if someone beneath you beats you or someone above you? I never seem to move a little bit, but maybe it only updates periodically.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

afkmacro posted:

734-568-755

I'm level 40 grinding Chewie, Sidious, and I guess the resistance pilot since I unlocked Galactic war. How does the ally thing work. If I add someone will they show up as a pick?

Edit: does everyone start with the same lovely Dark side squad with the garbage royal guard?
In missions and some challenges, one of their champions will be available as a pick. They say it's the leader in their Arena squad but there's definitely someone on my ally list who shows up with Lando or Darth Vader depending on whether I'm doing light or dark side missions (and no it's not Mol Eliza) so I think there's something else going on for those.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Metos posted:

Sure it was from your actual allies, the ones that give +20 points instead of +10? All of the just +10 ones are randomly computer-generated as far as I can tell, you can see 3* Vaders and such which can't possibly exist for a human as he starts at 4*, and I've never seen them with names like 'Frank' rather than 'Kell' and dumb stuff like that.
Yes, I just checked, he's switched to Kylo Ren/Lando, and there's only one "Ru Baruba Maral" in my allies list. Just did "Enter Battle" in Cantina (showed up as Kylo) and a Light Side mission (showed up as Lando).

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Zotix posted:

Not sure what you mean by that. I need like 2 million credits over the next day, and that doesn't take into consideration crafting equipment or actually training any character's.
What are you spending them on? I get 1 of each refresh each day, just hit six stars with two characters and I'm still up in money over the week and training droid limited rather than gold limited. I'm one piece away from max gear on 4 of my 5 characters. I just have no real depth to my champion pool but that's mostly because of training droid scarcity.

I have 3 million banked from just doing all the daily incentives in December.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

rabidsquid posted:

I actually think Fives looks kind of interesting too and he would more or less be a straight upgrade to Biggs but I can't justify spending the shipments on him when I need Old Daka so much. Once I get her maybe I'll detour and pick him up. It won't slow me down THAT much I guess?

edit: It just feels like my Cantina shipments come so slowly, even with buying a recharge every day I am not getting 400 points that quickly.
Cantina energy regens at 1/12 minutes, or 120/day (10 every 2 hours vs. 10 every hour for regular energy). If you buy one recharge, that's 240 total. You get either 13/8 or 17/10 currency/energy, so either 390 or 408 - about one shipment a day if you are recharging. If you consider 4 stars "entry level" to your team it takes 16 days to buy a character to that level from shipments alone - a bit less while you're leveling and getting bonus cantina energy from that, and if you do Daka's mission every day you'll probably shave 2 or 3 days off that.

Does Biggs give the crit bonus to the assisting champion or to himself? The phrasing on that ability is not very clear.

edit: I was trying to test the Biggs thing in Bounty challenge, had Barriss/Biggs/Chewie. Cad stuns Barriss, I use Biggs' assist ability, and no second character attacks. Do stunned characters get "picked" to assist, but aren't actually able to attack?

kaschei fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Jan 6, 2016

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Present posted:

Anyone build a full FO team?

Phasma
Kylo Ren
FO pilot
FO officer
FO trooper

Seems really tempting.
I can't find any reason not to use Fives over FO Stormtrooper and I use FO Stormtrooper because I don't have Fives. Fives' slow lasts 2 turns so it slows on counter, FO Stormtroopers' does not, and the difference in proccing the leader ability is less than the frequency with which Fives can call an on-demand assist. Unless FO does a lot more damage (which he doesn't seem to without advantage, which is not worth spending a turn to buff yourself with and can only affect 1 counter max) or has some hidden stats advantage that I can't see because it's so loving hard to compare characters in this game, unless someone has posted their max stats to swgohcantina (and who is going to make a 7* max gear FO stormtrooper to check?).

edit: I also think FO pilot is too squishy to be really good (may be different at 7*s max gear but he's so hard to even start farming) and the character you should care least about replacing without the FO bonus is the one who does the most damage (everyone else has a chance to call your big damage guy on assist, his assist calls have much lower potential usefulness). Also that team has no healing! Replace the trooper with fives, the pilot with any DPS you can easily farm, and the officer with someone with healing!

kaschei fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Jan 6, 2016

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Malgrin posted:

I'm going to hit 52 tonight/tomorrow...is this not even worth doing?
It's really not, just spend the energy farming items you need from the highest tier missions you can and you'll catch up on training droids eventually.

Eddain posted:

Aren't there some achievements for doing some of them?
I think the achievement is for unlocking one of them. Unlock it and don't do it.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Zotix posted:

Since there are quite a few players playing now, and some people have gone off the beaten path I'm going to throw my box up here because I'm looking for some different ideas on where to go next once I get Phasma ability maxed. My Qui Gonn can be promoted to 5* so I'm eyeing that. But I'm not sure if even 5* is viable. Cad will be 6* after the free shards this month.

http://imgur.com/a/XKzQv
Oh, you run out of credits because you get characters like three times as fast as me but only get twice as much energy and the same challenges.

If you just max your four GW, Arena, Cantina and Cantina shipment characters as fast as levels and shards come in 1-60 you have credits to spare. Just, you know, one part of your only arena team isn't getting shards except from Hard mode at any given time. It's like they planned it that way or something!

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Mr. Neutron posted:

Huh, never though of cheesing it like that, best I could come up with was bringing all the level 1-40s in first as cannon fodder for Sid and Lumi to waste their nukes on in the latter battles. I'll keep it in mind.

Also, is Jedi Guardian as weak as everyone says? I'd like to build a Jedi squad for fun but apart from the obligatory Luminara and JC, the only other free Jedi I have is Ahsoka, all others seem to be cash shop only.
Eeth Koth is available from arena shipments and isn't terrible (stun, good damage, great against droids). That said all-Jedi teams are fun-only so do whatever you like!

Edit: also, Mace and Plo Koon are available from higher- tier cantina missions but compete with JC for shards.

kaschei fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Jan 7, 2016

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

The final team was Sidious, Dooku, FO Pilot, Leia, and Savage Opress... I had to sacrifice most of my chaffe just to get a decent damage layer on Sid (not even kill him, just get him close enough to die in 1-2 hits). I almost STILL lost this, because the FO pilot was killing my Poe in 1 loving turn. After many, many force-closures, I finally decided to kill that FO pilot before Sidious, and I'll be hot-damned, it worked. The pilot dies followed by Sidious and I marched on to my cheesy rewards.
Sidious is great but a lot of people think he's good for his damage and that's not really it. I make the 51-100 rank prize every day now with Phasma/Greedo/Consular/Daka/Kylo Ren (formerly FOST), on my way up the ranks I could not see why people valued Sidious so highly because I would first turn kill him and they would have like Dooku and three healers left and I could literally outheal their damage while killing one per turn. When I borrowed Sidious from people with similar ranks (and at least purple gear), he would crit for as much damage as Greedo hit for normally.

I think having Big Damage is more important than having Heal Immunity. Heal Immunity only matters if they survive to get healed. Probably still smarter to max Sidious but make sure you get Geonosian Soldier, Resistance Trooper, a pilot or Luke going too, and probably focus on gearing them up over every other character.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

His normal attack has a p good chance to make his target immune to any healing except for Barris, which is why everyone loves him. The AI is also too stupid to know that, so it wastes turns trying to heal people that will not receive any benefit.
That's a good reason he's good, but people who just hear "use Sidious" and he's the first 4* vaguely damage-oriented character they see get blown away when they see what a real DPS character can do. I have seen so many Dooku/Sidious/Bariss/Lumi/JC or Chewie teams I feel like it's worth pointing out he's not a good choice as your primary source of damage and you absolutely need to include one of those in your lineup.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

rabidsquid posted:

Sidious is not competing with most DPS characters for arena shipments though
I think that's why "buy Sidious" is widely heard advice, while who you get for your DPS is more debatable, so the advice gets watered down to beneath the "Barriss/Dooku/Lumi are OP" level. To get a DPS you have to give up something widely regarded as good - RP competes with Lumi, Geonosian Soldier and Luke compete with JC. (Resistance Trooper just levels very slowly, and FOTP starts getting shards super late and just as slowly). To get Sidious you have to give up, um, Greedo.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Kegslayer posted:

Missed out sniping the number one arena spot by about 5 seconds because Daka's attack is so, so sloooow.
Got distracted and almost lost a 5v2 (barriss, chewie) in Arena to time because of this. She had self-resurrected earlier and when I went into auto-fight I thought that that had cost me the match.

afkmacro posted:

I'm confused. am I supposed to get lumi or resistance pilot with GW greenbux?
Yes.

... You want at least one "real DPS", a healer, and Sidious; that's the basic well-rounded meta right now. RP is a good, easy to farm candidate for your DPS, but competes with Lumi for GW currency; Geonosian Soldier or Luke (from Cantina battles) are alternatives if you want to prioritize Lumi over JC. Resistance Trooper doesn't eliminate JC or Lumi shards, but will be harder to farm (just two hard missions) and so less powerful for a long time. I guess you could get Hoth Rebel Scout from cantina missions but then you can't buy Daka, and good luck in Dark Side missions without her. Also I have no idea how good HRS really is but he's really fast and I'm curious myself.

A Spooky Skeleton posted:

I just started this game.
I'm gonna get Nute Gunray and make nerds upset.
Do it, I got Greedo up to rank 58 last night! Sidious is overrated (or more likely Phasma is overpowered)

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

New Leaf posted:

I'm 2 shards away from Kylo Ren. Someone talk me down from spending cash to get enough crystals to refill my Cantina points. :ohdear:
Just start farming arakyd droid callers Mk. 4, it's a purple thing that drops from DS 5K, you need 20! (And 20 more when the level cap is raised)

kaschei fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Jan 9, 2016

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Present posted:

Just got rear end raped by an 9.4k arena team. Mine is 10.3k in comparison so I thought it would be an easy fight.

Lumi, fives, FO pilot and ewok elder, led by phasma. I manage to take out the pilot before the taunt goes up, but the ewok elder brings him right back. I try to burn thru fives to get at the pilot but with lumi healing fives it gives the revived pilot plenty of time to decimate mtly team

Gonna farm elder now so I can do it to other people.
Um, which character taunted? None of those characters have taunts.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

The only bug I've run into (other than crashes) is the target switching bug. I've heard there's some problem with shards but you have to keep a spreadsheet of your shards to know if you get it or something? What other bugs are out there?

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

I did both of Fives' mission levels right after midnight. They're both on timers for the day. One is DS and one is LS.

So why am I at 2/3 LS missions and 4/5 hard missions for daily activities?

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

It's fine, credits are also a thing in short supply in the late game.
I still haven't hit that although I've only been doing energy refills for about a month after buying chromium packs with my crystals for the first two or three weeks. I have 3.5M banked after getting 7* Greedo tonight. That will go down to 2.5M when I get another character worth leveling to 60 but I'm probably going to wait for the update this month and hope to have droids (and credits) to pick my two favorites up quickly.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Someone here linked to datamined characters info and it had a whole bunch of ships. TIE fighter description was basically "blows a lot of stuff up but very fragile," apparently there are control ships, AoE ships (bombers?). Dunno how synergy would work but it's right there in Biggs' description.

I tested Biggs' assist and it did not seem to be giving my ally 50% critical chance (at rank 3 of the ability). I guess I should count his crits, too.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Does the shipment refresh cost go up?

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

They seem to have boosted GW shard rewards greatly. I got 300 where I used to get 100. IIRC it was 300/300/600/600 (not consecutively) over the first 8 battles.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

oops wrong forum posted:

I didn't see that today, are you sure? That seems like a glitch, because you'd be able to *7 someone right away with that many GW rewards.

Edit: Are you east coast starting a new GW?
Yes on the east coast thing.

Aphrodite posted:

Did you actually get that though? It displays the rewards strangely a lot. I almost always see more than I actually get.
I don't actually know, I was going for Biggs when they removed retreating, kicked myself for not having rushed Lumi after Phasma just for GW (I have her at 4*, getting her to 5* would have paid for itself quickly just by getting one more late shard reward every day). I have another restart today so I'll mind my shards then, I just ran into a sid/dooku/jc/lumi/boba team that either wipes out someone with focus fire or lands me with 1x stun 4x ability block buncha dots. I'll probably have to suicide squad that and restart tomorrow.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Canemacar posted:

The scariest guy to face in a DS hard level is a boss Dooku. I have, no poo poo, had my entire full health A-team taken apart by him single-handedly. He has enough health that you're going to be hitting him for like 5 full rounds and every. single. attack. will prompt a counter-attack. Sometimes a bonus-turn counter. Not to mention him getting bonus turns roughly 50% of the time normally, plus his gently caress you lightning.
Don't save him for last, hit him with every full-health character you've got and use your heal(s) on cooldown. It's when you have no choice but to suicide your Talia/Daka with heal on 1-turn CD that he does anything scary. Daka also helps by stunning him but IIRC he's tenacious like a boss.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Present posted:

Don't quote me on this but all thr screenshots I've seen of the 8 pack of chromiums open is a bunch of shards and two full characters. When I opened a four pack, I got three stacks of shards and kylo ren. So I'm thinking of you buy a four pack you're guaranteed a hero and if you buy an eight pack you are guaranteed two. Singles is a crapshoot.
You're definitely not guaranteed a hero from four packs :(

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Tom Tucker posted:

My favorite characters attack quickly and then end their turn so when I'm one-shotting 20 stormtroopers to get a piece of crap gear to craft and I accidentally take Daka I get really mad.
This is why I leveled a couple of dudes with AoE

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Yeah greedo loves tossing grenades that will never explode

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Are there any Sith Ewoks in EU?

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Greedo is fine. Greedo is dandy. He does a lot of damage and goes very well with Sid leader and OK with Phasma so he is easy to mesh into a team.

He's basically a bad FOTP that throws grenades. Grenades are very rarely useful. Being a bad FOTP is not that bad. Geonosian Soldier or IG-86 are good alternatives for dark side shooty folk. GS is farmable in the first Cantina Battle, IG-86 takes GW shards (away from Lumi/Phasma). But Greedo takes Arena shards away from Sid. I skipped Sid for Kylo Ren and it worked out OK but not fantastic.

kaschei fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Jan 22, 2016

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

xyigx posted:

Who are the best aoe toons?

I have sid, phasma, tarkin, ventress, is there anyone who scales really good for aoe?

Kylo Ren's aoe is not fantastic damage but the AI resets the cooldown with its own aoe and just randomly. More damage than phasma's but no slow, obviously.

HK-47 and Boba have decent damage aoes with status effects. Plo Koon's damage sucks but offense down is good, but he has no potency so good luck. No idea how IG-100 damage or potency scales bit I think it deletes turn meter and can inflict offense down on crits - not 100% sure about that, though.

Greedo bombs do great damage, but have to beat tenacity and wait 2 turns.

edit: Vader's AoE is decent too I think?

kaschei fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Jan 22, 2016

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

Luke can stun :shrug:

Geonosian Soldier does have a lot more HP at max gear and stars, I'll be damned.

Geo's call-assist loving owns if it procs Daka, that's true, he also has drat-high speed. What have I been doing with my life :negative:
Geo's assist loving owns if it calls the other DPS on your team because then they dead, stuns be damned

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

X_ThePerfect posted:

Oh man, the only character I had unlocked was Ashoka from a free pack but now, in the span of two days, I've got Sid, Lumi, Luke and GS. I have absolutely no resources left so Luke and GS are more or less unusable for a while.

Lumi carried me to my first GW victory though, thanks for pointing me in the right direction for her, goons.

Is there a timetable somewhere for the daily challenges or are they random?
Level and gear your DPS over Sid early on for arena effectiveness. Sid doesn't pump out the damage like GS does and the heal debuff is unimportant if you blow poo poo up on the regular.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

There's no cost to unlocking it (except that you can't unlock it again that day) and you can check "Possible rewards" without paying an energy fee. Not able to see it myself yet either.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Hughlander posted:

More KotoR would be welcome. Maybe someone from Rebels. More clones seem likely. If doing force awakens I can see Maz. Less likely Hux.
I don't think they're going to do any Legacy / EU stuff, we're stuck with Episodes I-VII, Clone Wars, and Rebels. At least, I went through the leaked characters list and didn't recognize any (Ko)TOR names.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Oh, good point! Maybe there is hope after all.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Zotix posted:

Just double buy shipments daily. You'll get them through that over time.
I'm pretty sure he's talking about Mk 6 Chiewab Hypo Syringes. I buy all the shipments that come up, and I've never seen those. Does crystal-refreshing give exotic stock or something?

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Metos posted:

Apparently upgrading Dooku's basic attack to level 7 goes from 40% chance to cause an additional attack to 5% chance to cause an additional attack, missing the 0 to make it 50 in the code :downsbravo:
Finally, the devs get something right!

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

How many more attacks do you get for 50 crystals?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Of course, in a 4v3, Dooku double revives from Daka passive, kills my DPS, dies, revives from Daka special, stuns my JC (who got called as an assist due to Phasma leader) so I can't heal anyone else and I lose, and now the servers are "undergoing maintenance" 5 minutes before Eastern prize allocation.

• Locked thread