Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

K. Waste posted:

Ah, but if you pretended that you didn't know anything about the movie and had to describe the characters like they were your imaginary friends, could you do it?
yes. the characters of r1 were well constructed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Has SMG been banned? I miss his analysis. It was always so deep.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

New viewing order:
Blade Runner
Blade Runner theory youtube videos
Enter this debate

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Clearly somebody powerful.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Anybody else having a unironic prequel party/marathon before the new movie comes out?

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Oh we all are well aware of legends breasts.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

^proclick.
NVO:
LoGH

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

1989er here, born to ride the rerelease and prequel waves- I had the Lego set where Jar Jar meets our other heroes, and it ruled!

NVO in preparations for VIII:
I through IV (Ben arc)
VII (Ben cameo)

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

It's telling how subjective the qualities of good/bad star wars are when you tell straight away from a post which ones they grew up with.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

I read the first few pages of the current Star Wars spoiler thread which was half a year before TFA was released. Everybody assumes Finn is the force sensitive jedi character and not Rey. Which strikes me as sexist as hecko.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Yeah I don't believe that's 100% of it.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

And then a sudden shad ow its Yodi!

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

They are either 100% cargo cult or think dictatorship is better than representative democracy enough to die for it.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Really? I thought TFA was objectively amazing and the prequels rather terrible. They were so bleak and lacked heart! Especially with all the CGs.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

If JL released TPM instead of Star Wars in the 70s it'd be seen as amazing and fans would defend it to death. It's all nostalgia.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Sometimes when this thread is quiet I pick a random page and take a shot if and only if:
SMG has made somebody mad
The thread starts meta analysing the authenticity of prequel love
Droids are people firestorm
There is a single post defending Lucas with no responses
Somebody points out Vader wasn't meant to be any more of a big deal then Peter C.
A joke watch order is suggested involving other movies and video games
There is a question of whether Rebels/Clone Wars is good with a few responses that it is and a reply saying thank you very much but I'd rather not watch a kids show

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

That has me considering, the space worm is the largest alien we've seen in the movies right? I wonder if they'll do a bigger one in TLJ! what's the smallest hm?

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

That's right boys, JJ Abrams is here.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Bongo Bill posted:

Each of the prequels used more practical effects than the entire original trilogy combined. In particular, the number of miniatures involved in the battle on Geonosis was enormous.
Yeah I think the BoG will stand out as one of Star Wars' greatest battles. Its got it all. Action, adventure and a killer cast.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

I hope they include easter egg references to the Legends canon in The Last Jedi. I know they will.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Well I'll have you know my introduction to Star Wars was my friend fast forwarding on his VHS to all the lightsaber battles while explaining Darth Vader is Luke's father etc. And I'm still lurking in this thread in 2017!

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Bongo Bill posted:

Also: one of the sixteen lost posts was me, asking for advice about what order I should watch the eight Star Wars films in over the next few weeks. I'm thinking chronological, since I did release order two years ago, but I wish to hear opinions.

I'm thinking the only sane place for Rogue One, if we accept that the goal is to achieve some particular artistic result by ignoring release order, is immediately between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope.
Hey Bongo Bill, here are some watch orders I've grabbed from the thread. I think the ultimate watch order would be to watch every item I've quoted from top to bottom.

Raxivace posted:

Order of release is always the correct answer to these questions. Anyone that says anything else is a liar trying to deceive you from being able to form your own opinions and thoughts. Do not trust them.

Taintrunner posted:

The only acceptable watch order:

A New Hope Despecialized Edition
The Empire Strikes Back Despecialized Edition
Return of the Jedi Despecialized Edition
Star Wars Rogue Squadron Rogue Leader
Star Wars Jedi Knight 3: Jedi Academy Movie Duels 2 mod
X3: Albion Prelude Star Wars Mod

Red posted:

:getin:

- Episode II, but only the parts on Kamino and Geonosis; you could also just watch what's shown in 'The Phantom Edit'
- Genndy Tartakovsky's Clone Wars
- CGI Clone Wars film
- CGI Clone Wars series
- Revenge of the Sith, but only what's shown in 'The Phantom Edit'
- The Droids cartoon series
- Star Wars Rebels series
- Theatrical version of Episode IV
- Boba Fett cartoon from The Star Wars Holiday Special
- Special Edition of Episode V is fine
- Ewoks: Caravan of Courage
- Theatrical version of Episode VI
- Ewoks: The Battle for Endor, but it's weird because Wicket speaks some English so
- Episode VII

Go for it, go hog wild

UmOk posted:

My new watch order:

VI
VII
II
Guardians of the galaxy episode 1
I
II (trust me)
III
The Search for Spork
Guardians of the Galaxy episode 2
IV
Rouge Juan
V (Save the worst for last)

Jerkface posted:

is there a agreed upon worst watch order for the movies?

6-2-7-3-5-1-4

Hodgepodge posted:

26 oz vodka
2 tabs LSD
Star Wars Trilogy: The Original Soundtrack Anthology

Lampsacus fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Oct 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Wow so Tuesday nz time! Yay! I can't wait! I feel like watching the trailer to TFA was only a wee while ago : o

• Locked thread