Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Full movie leaked online get it while it's hot!

http://tinyurl.com/qal7zro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

computer parts posted:

In the previous thread, someone posted a Lucas interview where he said verbatim that this line of thinking is why he had Maul cut in half so the audience knows he's dead and gone.

And then Lucas brought him back anyways in the cartoon.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Also in the middle of a marathon screening. AOTC just finished. Weirdly was better than I remember. Pacing was definately better than Phantom Menace. TPM also has not aged well. Some of he cg looked absolutely terrible on the big screen in hd.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Just finished Jedi.
http://youtu.be/NeK10F6iA8E

But not really, I'm mad hype ya'll!

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Also the 20th century fox music played for all six movies which I wasn't expecting.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
I like the idea of Ren not being able to bring himself to kill child Rey. It's another way for him to not live up to Grandpa's child killing skills.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

ungulateman posted:

Somebody, probably SMG but maybe Cnut, theorised that the monsters are just hideous visualisations of the characters' sexuality. Obi-Wan's is a praying-mantis like creature that he stabs to death with a sword/spear, Anakin climbs up on the rhino with a dong for a horn and rides it around, while Padme strangles the feminine cat alien to death with her chains.

I'm working off memory so I might have gotten something wrong, but the general idea seems fairly sound.

No Padme whips it with the chains a couple times then Anakin's monster comes and tramples it to death while he's riding it.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
The opening has to be in space though. If you want it to take place immediatley after VII start the movie with Ren and Hux flying to Snoke's planet with their tails between their legs after Starkiller was destroyed. Do that scene, then cut to Rey and Luke on the island.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

drunkill posted:

Someone made a set of :krad: posters, all showing the opening Star Destroyer scenes from each movie.

Where's Episode III?

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
I get more of a Corellian corvette feeling from it.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Vader (the mask-wearing character voiced by James Earl Jones) doesn't kill any innocent people.

What about all those captains and admirals he choked?

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

micpp posted:

I may be misremembering but I think Yaddle was like a first attempt at making a new Yoda puppet for Episode 1 but it turned out creepy so they essentially went "welp better try again, gently caress just throw a wig on this one we'll use it as an extra"

And then the actual Yoda puppet turned out awful too.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

homullus posted:

How many times does Yoda laugh or joke with people in the prequels? I can't think of any. Considering all evidence, from inside the trilogies & The Clone Wars and from their creators, the fall of the Republic was a life-changing experience for Yoda. Anakin was different and Obi-Wan was different. Why did you expect Yoda to be the same?

Yoda jokes around and makes fun of Kenobi when he's training the younglings.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Toilet Mouth posted:

Re: shipping, Anakin is the only Star Wars character who ever had sex, and we all know how that turned out for him.

Chewie has a wife and kid too.
Holiday special is canon. :colbert:

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Rebels is supposedly as canon as the movies and they just introduced a sith holocron with some dead sith ghost in it. Palpatine could still happen.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
The cast seems way too small for a movie about stealing the deathstar plans.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
I want an EU sized cast with the plans changing hands 50 times for no reason.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
I understand using Hayden because he is more recognizable than Shaw if you're watching the series as a whole, but maybe they should have aged him up a little bit with makeup or something instead of just using costume test footage that he didn't even know about.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

cargohills posted:

um actually it is in fact pretty bad

e: to back up my point this is the comic that evil C3PO+R2D2 and the cross between admiral ackbar & general grievous comes from

Evil c3po is great if you read his lines in the Creepio voice from those Auralnauts videos.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
The fact that he loses his poo poo when he finds out Finn and BB-8 were helped by a GIRL seems to imply that he has some kind of connection with her.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Viller posted:

Theres a couple of things that couple be interpreted both ways actually.

When he chokes that officer after he tells him a "girl" helped Finn and BB8 escape with the Falcon? "WHAT GIRL!?"
When he captures Rey in the woods "The girl ive heard so much about." From who? when?
If I'm not mistaken the only run in she has with the FO at that point is stealing the Falcon, so how would he know more?

Maybe the awakening Snoke tells him about.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiX9nbI56DI

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
I've really liked his stuff from the recent Star Trek movies.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
What if Trump is actually trying to prepare us for the Vong?

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
The last Rogue One trailer doesn't come out until the end of the month. It's supposed to be attached to Doctor Strange. Not sure what you're watching.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Did it feature that Mummy gently caress Dengar or reused Harrison Ford dialogue from Anchorman 2? I still can't believe how many people fell for that one.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Lord Hydronium posted:

My single favorite design in the prequels is the Trade Federation battleship, which has that same blend of the new and familiar that I talked about.

The obvious inspiration is the Star Destroyer (probably my favorite design in the whole saga) - it's a big off-white ship that's the main vessel of the bad guys, and the movie starts with the heroes getting drawn into it.

But all the particulars of the design are different. The Star Destroyer is aggressive - it's a big arrowhead stabbing forward, telling you that the most dangerous place is right in front of it. But the Federation ship is round, more subtle. It reaches out and grasps - like the Federation, or like Sidious. It's not obviously dangerous until you're inside (the EU actually nicely worked with that theme, by making the battleships converted freighters that could pretend to be harmless). Compare to the Droid Control Ship, which is much spikier, signaling its more direct danger:

Incidentally, we don't see a lot of round ships in Star Wars. It was even a joke in an older title of the Star Wars and Star Trek threads. The only ones I can think of are the Death Star and the TIE fighter. So we know this is a bad guy ship. But it's still alien, a little weird. It's not perfectly geometric like those two designs. These are new bad guys, not just the Empire. In fact, originally the design was a straight up UFO:

It was changed for the better, though. Besides the reasons above, adding that gap in the front gives it a sense of forward motion. It looks ready to pounce.

In short, TPM is a gorgeous looking movie and has some excellent design work.

I can't believe I never realized there were two different types of trade federation ships.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Also related there's that non canon comic where Han and Chewie fly through a wormhole or something and crash land on Earth. Indy and Shortround end up finding the Falcon and it turns out Chewie is where bigfoot came from. It's pretty dumb.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Basebf555 posted:

Would you have the balls to tell Billy Dee Williams that he was saying it wrong?

Lando has known Han longer than any other character that isn't Chewie, so I'm going to assume he's right and everyone else is wrong.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

Fun but goddammit, they spoiled the resolution to the, "What happens when you shoot a walker with a rocket launcher," question.

Wish they had saved that for me to see it in the theater, but god dammit if I didn't legit let out a cheer in my own drat home when I saw that.
I think I'm starting to get hyped guys :ohdear:

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Marcus theater app worked fine after fandango crashed for me.

Also lol at going to any theater that doesn't have reserved seating and leather recliners.

Pops Mgee fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Nov 28, 2016

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Pook Good Mook posted:

Why would he be on Mustafar?

Not a dig at anyone in particular, but why the gently caress would he want to spend time on Mustafar where he killed his wife? Would make more sense to me if he was somewhere else.

I did love that they made clear that he has sycophants who wait on him just like the Emperor. Again, this movie was best when it was fleshing things out. I never considered that Vader would chill in Bacta when he wasn't needed. To me it shows how much pain he's in all the time.

Vader seems like he has a lot of self loathing, makes sense to me. The Vader suit looked off to me for some reason. And I don't think it has anything to do with them making it "imperfect" like the suit in IV because I'm watching it now and it looks fine. Jame Earl Jone's delivery was off too. He sounded better in Rebels, but I'll let it slide because it's him. Tarkin looked spotty in places. Leia looked fine. Overall better than TFA and Jedi.

Also this is all I could think about whenever the Death Troopers were talking.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFicXlvJBdo&t=101s

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
This is still a great twitter account.

https://twitter.com/KyloR3n/status/809650786741448704

Also, why the hell do the Rebels always send these transports into battle?

They don't have any weapons, don't do anything, and are just sitting ducks to get blown up.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

ImpAtom posted:

Aren't they troop transports?

Aren't the U-wings the troop transports? And if these are, why were they at the Battle of Endor?

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

dialhforhero posted:

Legit thought he was the real actor for the base CGI model of Snoke at first.

Confirmed R2D2 is Snoke. Think about it. Snoke only appears via hologram. Who has the ability to project holograms?

And R2 just so happens to wake up at the end of the movie after we're done seeing Snoke. R2 also just happens to be at the center of every important event throughout the movies history. He's been pulling the strings all along. Makes too much sense.
:tinfoil:

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
I don't like the word "butt" appearing in star wars. I know star wars is for children but it feels really weird.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Zeris posted:

It's impressive how closely that guard's head dress resembles the royal guard helmet thing.

The guys in the back have proto rebel helmets too.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Oh great it's going to be like that Simpsons episode with the real principal Skinner. That worked out very well there too. Should be good.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOmyuweolqY&t=1536s
From this day hence he will be known as
Han SINGULAR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009