Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I'll watch this movie with my family on christmas day so please stay courteous till then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

Star Wars is cool and good...or is it? The world may never know.

I don't have any brothers or sisters
I don't know anyone.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Midnight showing at downtown Disney is going to be great but parking not so much!!!!

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Got to see Star wars and a storm trooper helmet filled with popcorn

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

zen death robot posted:

there are standalone movies coming out as well

my news years resolution is to read up on all the upcoming rogue one hot news coming out

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Ferrinus posted:

I really want him to be an actual giant though.

He is. His laser sword is going to be the biggest thing you have ever seen.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

With Force Awakens, the filmmakers consciously threw away the opportunity to show how Tatooine was impacted by the assassination of Jabba The Hutt, and the subsequent collapse of the Empire.

Of course Tatooine is going to go to poo poo if you kill the gangsters that serve as an ersatz government, and replace them with nothing.

Subtle changes to a familiar setting are a simple way of showing the passage of time. Why not return to Yavin and show it half-empty, with only like eight ships? Why not show that the fallout from the Rebels' battles have left Tatooine worse than ever?

just like in jurassic world

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

seems to me the streets of bestine to the cantinas of anchorhead were celebrating the demise of the empire at end of of jedi and good riddance to the Hutt underground

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Y Kant Ozma Diet posted:

The only bad thing about AotC is the love scenes. Unfortunately they take up a good portion of the film

The only scene I loved was the diner scene

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

midichlorians are the power houses of the cells

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

midichlorians had caused Shmi to have conceived her son, Anakin Skywalker.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

greatn posted:

Now of course the world of Mega Man may very well be in the Star Wars Galaxy, in the year 20XX BBY

they have blasters and laser swords that i don't feel like counting

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Yaws posted:

Jurassic World is significantly better than the Star Wars prequels.

i guess we will find out when the next movies are released

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I wish Han had said, "your..mother wanted to see.......one last time" beffore he died.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

who knows if Han is really dead though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

i think a lot of people forget that leia wasn't just grieving over the death of her husband, but of her SON too

• Locked thread