Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

oddium posted:

I thought godzilla was pretty good when i saw it in the theatre, but i watched it again recently and psyche it still rules. haters vacate

Godzilla was a movie about a solider learning to get pass his PTSD by sympathizing with a giant lizard fighting the good fight for nature who like the solider ultimately gets misunderstood by the general public.

Some people can't handle the radical awesomeness of this idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Yeah reshoots are no biggie, also people are kinda trying to find a reason for these star wars movies to fail, cause if you are the first to call it you get to say "I told you so".

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

feedmyleg posted:

As much as people don't like him around here, Devin Faraci is drat accurate with his Star Wars scoops, and he confirms he's heard rough things about Rogue One from his sources as well.

people keep saying this guy is drat accurate with his whatever scoops but every time someone links him it turns out the opposite, like i remember him basically doing the same thing with daredevil

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Zas posted:

directors should pretty much always get final cut, this is basic stuff, don't be a corporate stooge

I know this isn't exactly what you are talking about but there are plenty of directors who don't really feel comfortable editing.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Zas posted:

obviously, what i'm talking about is a studio going "this might not be maximally profitable, let's gently caress around with it until we think it will be" which is dumb bullshit regardless of the movie's budget or franchise potential or whatever

that is why i said i know this isn't what you are talking about

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Zas posted:

right i was clarifying my point. if a director wants to delegate more power to them. hell for all I know gareth edwards is totally cool with these reshoots or whatever.

but if you're in favor of corporate editing of films you're anti-art, even if we're talking about the disney marvel star wars empire

i know that, please stop yelling at me :(

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Zas posted:

shut the gently caress up pbs newshour just JESUS CHRIST

sorry :smith:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

The REAL Goobusters posted:

I like that this forum is probably the only place I've heard that Gareth Edward's movies are "good"

...do you only post on something awful?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
jj is a great director and i though he was a great director since super 8

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

that mummy gently caress was in TFA?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
No mummy loving way

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
TFA was a prety good movie but not as good as Creed which should have won best picture

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Guy A. Person posted:

Honestly "relatable" is nearing the level of a curse word along with "verisimilitude" for me.

found out another was your cousin, huh?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Guy A. Person posted:

Idgi

Are you equating "relatable" with "related"

You get it

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Guy A. Person posted:

...from my hot cousins :heysexy:

lmao

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Terry Grunthouse posted:

here's a neat shot

No ring

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
SuperMechaGodzilla what is your origin story?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Phi230 posted:

ROGUE ONE: WORST CASE

Rogue One begins with an action introduction.

Zoey Deschanel is under attack by der sturmtruppen. Beard white man sees value in this REBELLIOUS PERSON and 'rescues' her but she gets handcuffed cuz shes EDGY and fights back

She, a random prisoner of Beard Man, Is taken to the main rebel headquarters and shown to the entire rebel leadership for no reason other than she is protagonist

She is given THE MOST IMPORTANT JOB IN THE GALAXY by the clone of the actress who played Mon Mothma.

Thus begins act 1

WE'RE PUTTIN A TEAM TOGETHER

Beard man says. So begins recruitment montage of a bunch of archetypal A Team members.

After feel good recruitment montage, we cut to Angry White Man. He is given job to stop Good Guys. He orders EVIL BLACK PEOPLE i mean MORDTRUPPEN to hunt Good Guys

THUS BEGINS ACT 2

Good Guys take the leap and sneak onto the Death Star and steal the plans. MORDTRUPPEN interrupt before they escape and kill a popular team member and engage good guys

On their escape from the death star which is like a 30 minute action sequence they crash land on MAUI TROPICAL RESORT

THUS BEGINS ACT 3

Act 3 is a 45 minute long action sequence where 50% or higher of the A TEAM dies trying to exfiltrate the Death Star Plans.

The MORDTRUPPEN all die and ANGRY white man gets fuckin choked out by Vader who appears outta fuckin nowhere

Vader is in chase personally now

Whike the A Team flees from Vader; Donnie Yen stops and gives a tearfuk goodbye and tries to fite vader 1v1 and gets fuckin spooked

Zoey Katniss and White People Look The Same are the sole survivors whatever

Beard Man dies in tearful embrace

Edgy white girl is mortally wounded

She delivers the Laserdisk with the Death Star plans as her last action. "get these to...eugh...PRINCESS LEIAH" and she fuckin dies

C3P0 whines about seeing some girl die, and CGI princess leiah says something ominous

The final shot is is a fixed rear shot of the Corvette flying high over loving TATOOINE gently caress YOU with some dark music playing in the background

Literally the end of Halo Reach

FCUJ YOU

I skip to this page to catch up in thread.. Glad to see I was greeted by the worst post ever.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I heard the opening line is going to pay tribute to Starwars by having Luke yell "YOU BASTARD"

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Finn needs to wake up doesn't he know the new teaser is really important and he should be up and at em for it.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I am excited for what the direction and theme of this one is going to be, but the trailer itself let me cold because I JUST WANT TO SEE FINN BE AWAKE WHY IS HE A SLEEPYHEAD :'(

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

MonsieurChoc posted:

He'll get the ultimate fusion of east and west: the Gundam X-Wing.

*insert joke about it being three times faster here*

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Is the Campaign podcast canon?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
hello i am the new star war script writer not mr sorkin (or snorekin as i call him) please let me introduce my movie where we find out there is nothing in the rules that say a droid can't play baseball

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Covok posted:

Snoke is Sorkin!

HIS SECRET LAIR WAS STUDIO 60 ALL ALONG

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
remember when RLM did the video about the robot and there was something about political correctness in there and the robot shoots lasers or something i don't remember the rape stuff is bad

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Roth posted:

I don't actually, but I do know they've frequently talked about "forced diversity" and such, spending a pretty lengthy amount of time in TFA review complaining about it.

http://redlettermedia.com/gently caress-bot-5000-has-an-important-message/
it had someonthing to do with the daniel tosh thing i remember now

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i used to like red letter media when i was a young influenceable 16 year old, now i am a wise 22 year old

now i read all my movie reviews from the back of the new yorker!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Covok posted:

I can't watch their video at the moment, but I'd be surprised if someone was telling Daniel Tosh that he was being too PC considering his comedy style is purposefully edgy.

It came out after the Tosh did the bit in the comedy club where he said wouldn't it be funny if a woman heckler (a heckler who was heckling because he was doing rape jokes) would get rape right now.
The video is defending it in a roundabout way by saying other offensive things are allowed to be funny.

e: the reason why i am bringing up the video is its silly to go into this crazy in depth conversations on why plinkett is a rapist, when its the same sort of busywork they did to defend Tosh saying a woman heckler should get rape.

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 01:18 on May 3, 2017

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I dislike the prequels because i don't think they have the magic of the original movies and think a lot of the stuff is not good but I appreciate them because they have a ton of good ideas and I am glad the thread open my eyes to some of that stuff, even though I do think most of you are insane.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i can't wait for more adventures of the slimeball hux

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Hmm 3 of those boys i want to kiss, is that the trend?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Hux is a really fun character. His relationship with Kylo is really interesting.

Craptacular! posted:

Also, I'm less annoyed by Kylo Ren than I am by Hux taking the new Imperials into much more blatantly Nazi-like tone with the one scene. Part of the fun of Star Wars, like pro wrestling, is that there's some people that want to cheer for the bad guys. (And why not, since they live in sleek and cool Buck Rogers spaceships while the good guys fly rusted out buckets.)

this is some hail zeon territory

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Sheev is your grandpa and grandpas aint cool this just goes to prove we got a bunch of old people in this thread

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Grandpas like hard candies and fishing both of which are boring and both I can imagine Sheev doing!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Sheev would be cool if he was a podracer, but only then.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

sassassin posted:

How many died?

Out of the 22 stuntmen, only Ben Hurt

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

The MSJ posted:

JC was still in the movie, but does not F.

Now in Ben Girth...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Grendels Dad posted:

Weird, need to check if they vanished from my Blueray collection.

Its Bluray waitaminut-, blueray, blue rey, REY HAS BEEN A FORCE GHOST THE WHOLE TIME

• Locked thread