Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Boktai too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Nude posted:

My favorite part of the tanker scene is the attention to detail with the rain. The sound it makes when you're inside and it's hitting the window, and outside how it looks like you're getting drenched in it. And how the rain effects gameplay in a subtle ways. The whole tanker level is like a great stand-alone game in of itself. This is going to sound weird, but I always check how a developer handles a character going up and down stairs. In a lot of games the developer handles stairs as a sloop, and few try to cheat and have it so when you pause it adjusts the feet. Metal Gear of course does not cheat and has each foot placed firmly on the proper stair when you walk up or down. Nothing like dragging an enemy up a flight with his head bopping on each stair. Oh yeah and thank you for this link.

I actually thought about MGS2 stairs when I was playing Hitman yesterday because the animations in that game completely fall apart when AI go up and down stairs. Specifically dragging a body bag down stairs because the guy dragging it has a canned animation but the body bag has physics and is as heavy as a person, but their lower half of rooted to the NPC walking animation. So it just looks like this crazy tube of flesh wiggling like this _/ while it slides down steps

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Todd Howard is turning into the feels guy.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I love the story of V as well

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

I'm building a gaming PC with my tax money and among other games I cannot wait to replay MGS5 on PC with everything cranked up. I mean it looked good on PS4 but i bet it looks even better

You can also use the Outer Heaven mod to do a full subsistence play through which I started and petered off with right before Africa but it's a super fun way to play a second file

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

4 and PW, for me.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I like the themes of 4 but the cutscenes get worse every time I watch them, it's all just so long winded.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I actually think V works a lot better because understatement is not something Metal Gear has ever attempted before. I liked it a lot

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Chapter 2 has some absolutely incredible moments and missions

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

The MGSV thread in the Imp Zone was a happy and positive place for a long time. Maybe this negativity is our chapter 3

It's a landmark thread because it's the only time i can recall R_C_ broke character

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They're all really really really good games

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The one thing that's kinda odd about 4 is that every other main line MGS game takes place in a single location (except V which has two but you spend more time in Afghanistan and Africa than the length of other mgs games). But 4 has the act structures which always made it feel more disjointed to me. I wish the whole game took place in Act 3

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I love how tiny and empty shadow Moses is

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's because it's 80 hours long. You can replay MGS1 in an afternoon

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I still think the narrative was fantastic, especially the cinematography. Also turning off all the UI and going for high ranks transformed the game completely

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Quiet was cool and her storyline was great. People who disrespect her because of her clothes are afraid of strong , confident women.

One of the cool things about her outfit is that people who complain about her poses in the helicopter are owning themselves by admitting they use Quiet on missions.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Quiet's Sniper Wolf outfit is definitely best. I like that they give it to people immediately before you lose her forever lol

They patched that out though.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's kinda cool that the new Hitman is basically a game of nothing but Ground Zeroes missions. Doesn't play as well but what can you expect from Scandinavians.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

All those weapons and no banana

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

goferchan posted:

New Beyoncé albums

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The flaming skull is so badass

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

i've never had trouble with the fury, idk how you even get hit by him. really awesome fight though and i love the music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CPQhYGJ0kY

I always get caught by him when I try to shoot him

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The easiest boss to non leathal is the fear

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HORMELCHILI posted:

no he was scary to me so i hosed him up with a machine gun

If you throw a poisonous frog at him he will eat it and instantly vomit all his guts up and die non lethally

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I know everyone on the planet agrees but it needs to be said periodically, MGS3 has the best boss fights in the series

Absolutely

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mycophobia posted:

As are we...

Holy gently caress

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

haha. David Hayter is mentally ill

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Gigante posted:

I just GIS "shut up and take my money" + whatever game I'm looking for each time

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Alpha Protocol lets you learn CQC and say absolutely nothing 90% of the time

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I won't splatter your asses with my heartless seed. I will always be inside you

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The codec screen isn't even in MGSV!!! loving morons!!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The La Li Lu Le Land??

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I didn't know there was going to be a MGS movie that's going to be awful

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Translating MGS to a different medium would be incredibly difficult and I don't think anybody would be able to really do it unless it was barely related to the games and they just used the ideas as a springboard into something original, but then, nobody would make it because it doesn't have the right brand so it's a lose-lose situation

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If anything they would include it wholesale without changes to the script.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Awesome interactions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've seen this movie

• Locked thread