Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
with or without magic, cancer needs to go suck a dick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Loved last night's ep. The opium lines were great and all the fog stuff. I forget how much I enjoy this show inbetween seasons.

Tokubetsu fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Jan 31, 2019

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktcXxM2F8N0

glad they put this clip up haha

"I had an affair with his wife, he behaved abominably."

Love Fog and Todd but like Nihonn said I hope the magician writers know that part of their strength is that they aren't MCs, that they're great breaks from the main cast.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
might be in love with fen now

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Bussamove posted:

The constant downward spiral of Alice is both amazing and frustrating. You’d think turning into a soulless monster made of pure magic would be the low point of the character, but here we are.

One thing i like is one of her biggest problems is just how self centered she seems to be. She's finally learning and addressing it now and while her parents certainly played a part I think this ep pretty much explicitly showed that a large part of her issues are her own doing/thinking.

All of this is kinda funny because at the start of the show I would have sworn Quentin would be the one dealing with this lol

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I couldn’t quite make out what Quentin said at the end.

"Like I helped it wake up and remember what it was before"

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Rhyno posted:

We we dont know how the passage of time worked for her while she was an evil magic bitch. She might be 100000 years old and the memory of her and Q is the only good thing she ever experienced.

Isn't it implied that this is the case? Counting human life and life as extra dimensional magic being her time with Q is still the best thing to have happened to her. However long she was out there she spent it cutting things up and being an rear end in a top hat.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
yeah i dont think they fully explained it/i didnt expect her to float out of the woman but it was stated they needed a dying woman to be able to resurrect her. Soemthing like that.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
cool little teaser for the finale:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rrNTxTEh6w

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
on tumblr they seem mad about it because they were robbed of a queer romance

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

ThePagey posted:

There's definitely a good deal of that, too, from what I've seen, though I actually think the criticism about the way the queer romance was handled is justified, at least in a more metatextual sense. In-text, it's heartbreaking and very REAL that Eliot's realization that he does love Q comes at a point where it's already catapulting towards catastrophe in one way or another. Which, I guess, is the entire series, but everything Q did was to save Eliot, and his friends, and it's pretty much one of the most perfect series-wide arcs I've ever seen.

Metatextually, there's a huge amount of criticism to be said about having a queer relationship represented in such a hopeful and realistic (sans magic) way, only to have it functionally ignored post-Peaches and Plus Motherfucker. Especially with the Alice plot at the end--which I genuinely think I would have preferred to finish in a kind of mutual respect and affection, but I don't think it's out of character for Q since he's never not been in love with Alice, he was just hurt by her.

There's going to be a lot of conversation coming up about Queerbaiting and BuryYourGays, primarily because of just how 11/10 the Life in a Day and Eliot-centric episode from this season were. For queer viewers, seeing a queer romance play out without toxicity has (functionally) never been done in a genre show before, and even if the plot was important and satisfying, it sucks to have the potential for that kind of catharsis set up and have it mostly ignored otherwise. I'm sure next season it'll be a focal point, if the interviews I've read are a thing, but that's next season.

Absolutely agree about the Alice stuff. They definitely have a lot of work to do with Elliott going forward.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Everyone is unlikeable in their 20s.

Early twenties in particular. Those early college years are chaos for reason, everyone is insane.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Shuffle posted:

Couldn’t penny have just incepted Julia while she was unconscious and ask her directly? He’s done it before.

This is actually what I figured they were gonna do. He'd do some pscyh dive and they'd have some deep heart to heart about it under the desk her and q used to play under or w/e.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
We love the show here! We're still crying too.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Yeah I wouldn't call the first season bad or the acting bad it's just most of the characters are assholes and slowly grow into likeable assholes and then oh god plz don't let anything happen to my faves.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
SDCC preview. Quests!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3UDaamxQ8E

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Jan 15th lads

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiUMhh4gV1w

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Balon posted:

Not available in Canada

Sorry this should work for everyone:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhKm43xao00

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Rocksicles posted:

Everyone is about 20% more attractive this season.

Yeah Elliott caking the eyeliner on and wearing black is a very strong and good look.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
could listen to fenn say "knives" all night

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
"laid back mondo perfectus"

the guy they got for the imp was perfect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Yeah I don't think you could have given the show a better last shot.