Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Dip Viscous posted:

Old Town Blue pattern Corelleware owns.

All of my plates and bowls are corelle, they don't match, and none of them are that cool pattern and i will still fist fight someone to the death to protect them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

titties
May 10, 2012

I did some ko mediterranean on fried baguette rounds with a little pesto and it was good to eat

titties
May 10, 2012

I tolerate the 'dines because i like the idea of eating them a lot more than i actually like eating them.

I much prefer kippers or mackerel so maybe try that if you want to eat oily fish parts from a can

E:f,b

titties
May 10, 2012

Yeah for some reason it is much easier to get people to like that sort of thing when they are still little kids.

Some of my oldest memories are of sharing tins of smoked oysters with my grandma, and oysters are still a cherished snack for me.

Nearly ever adult I've tried to introduce to smoked oysters was repulsed. Nearly every little kid I've given them to was crazy about them. I've always wondered why.

E: maybe it's just because kids are hell of gross

titties
May 10, 2012

I would buy them for the massively fly tins alone

titties
May 10, 2012

I like the boneless skinless because I'm a huge baby but i can only find them plain at the store. Does KO do a Mediterranean boneless?

Last night i had a can of BUMBLEBEE SMOKE FLAVOR COHO SALMON filets and they looked ridiculous because they were dyed hot pink but they tasted ok

titties
May 10, 2012

Even the small ones have a chalky crumbling mass of vertebrae that are definitely noticeable unless you're just swallowing whole fishies.

The only time I can eat fish spine are on freshly- fried, piping hot breaded smelt.

And now i want to go smelt dipping

titties
May 10, 2012

I also like the bowl

titties
May 10, 2012

I have been buying way more tins of mackerel lately than i have sardines. I really like the mackerel.

titties
May 10, 2012

Planet X posted:

Yeah I was thinking if you're gonna dump the oil from open the can, don't do that in bear country

titties
May 10, 2012

When i was small one branch of my family owned and worked in a butcher shop. I ate a ton of pickled herring from the shop.

I haven't had it since i was like 6 but i remember it being amazing, creamy and lightly sweet like cole slaw.

Is that how pickled herring usually is? I have no other reference for it.

titties
May 10, 2012

I don't like the spine tbh

titties
May 10, 2012

I never liked Tabasco much but the Tabasco brand Sriracha is really good imo, i like it better than the regular hot cock sauce.

If you like Sriracha please try Tabasco Sriracha tia

titties
May 10, 2012

The Saucer Hovers posted:

ugh ridiculous those drat fancy corn nuts cost $17 for three ounces!!

*proceeds to take our loan for tin of artisanal dock scrapings*

Tbf someone gave me some fancy corn nuts once and they were amazing. They were a lot lighter and more airy than regular corn nuts.

They were still crisp, just not so crazy hard.

titties
May 10, 2012

Someone heard i liked sardines and gave me a tin of aldi northern catch in soybean oil. I am afraid to try them.

titties
May 10, 2012

The Voice of Labor posted:

week 4. we've lost the war. drat the emperor's pride, he will see all of our countries sons turned to slurry before he surrenders

menu a

coupon for 50 cents off a 7-11 hotdog
can of watermelon four loko
peanut butter spread

accessories pack: cyanide tablet

Ngl this one is easily my first choice of the options provided

titties
May 10, 2012

PokeJoe posted:

Smelt are also good like that. Or deep fried :yum:

When i was a kid i used to go with my grandpa to the river during the smelt run and spend the evening catching them with a dip net. We would come back with gallons of them and feast on unlimited breaded fried fish. It was great.

He's been gone for several years and i really wish i had asked him the location of the smelt.

titties
May 10, 2012

Myron Baloney posted:

They're probably not there anymore in any numbers depending on where this is, smelt populations are way down in the Great Lakes watersheds of the United States & Canada, mostly on purpose for management or in some places by overfishing.

As Yooper might have surmised above, this was in Michigan's upper peninsula in the late 80's and early 90's so yeah, i doubt they still exist there quite like they did back then.

titties
May 10, 2012

withak posted:

Everything is improved by a fried egg on top.

titties
May 10, 2012

I've read this entire thread and there have been a lot of posts about winning KO contests and receiving aged 'dines, sardine can closing lids, special sardine forks, etc., and i think at this point it's just like a dozen goons keeping KO's social media presence alive.

Thank you for your service

titties
May 10, 2012

I recommend your mom's for clam

titties
May 10, 2012

What a way for you to best me most gracefully. I have been owned

titties
May 10, 2012

The gas station i used to work at stocked jalapeno Viennas and hot sauce Viennas so I'm pretty sure they still exist. No idea what other varieties could be had.

titties
May 10, 2012

The first time i ever had anchovies it was a pizza i ordered on a whim. It was amazing, the anchovies were melty and oily and salty and it was perfect.

Every other time I've tried since, even from the same place, they've been dry, curled-up, fishy, nasty little chewy bastards and it's so gross

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

titties
May 10, 2012

Roki B posted:

So I'm hosting them for a big fish fest in a few days. If you all have recommendations for preparation and serving above and beyond crusty country bread, mustard, pickled onions and champagne I'd love to hear them. Obviously I'll take a look through my tinned fish cookbook as well, but I want to hear what got your trepidacious buddies hooked.

A little cream cheese and thin sliced cucumber on triscuits. There's an olive oil and sea salt (or is it black pepper? I forget) triscuit that seems good for this application