Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favorite arc?
The Hunter Exam
Heaven's Arena
Yorknew City
Greed Island
The Chimera Ants
The 13th Hunter Chairman Election
View Results

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Chimera King Mary was a cool dude in the end, and that entire arc had the best payoff. Pity about the massive delay issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Hey man, Guts actually made it to the island. Anything actually can happen.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
This is the first year with absolutely nothing. It's a bit of a milestone in that sense.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
I love that his name is loving Leorio Paradinight. Not just a Paladin or a Knight, no, lets dial that poo poo up to eleven. I like to imagine it was that, in addition to punching smug douche Ging in the face, that put him over the top. Hunters are a fun loving bunch, and they would want to party with *that guy*.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

Dan7el posted:

If I understand the story correctly, no one was actually able to kill him. He allowed himself to die.

Nope he was totally loving murdered by a nuclear bomb, he was just fairly chill about dying and only wanted to see the one person in the world he loved before then. Nuke was totally enough to kill him and every other thing around him.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
To be fair a salted nuke is like the least fantastic weapon they've had.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

MonsterEnvy posted:

Is this the longest break yet? I think we still have a few weeks before we are surpass the longest break.

Nope, there was never a year where he produced nothing before, and he produced absolutely nothing in 2015. This is already the longest break ever.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

Jostiband posted:

Everybody always forgets about Melody :negative:

I don't, she was a cool person and I liked that moment where she told Leorio his heartbeat was comforting and nice and he'd make a much better doctor or professor.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

Butt Ghost posted:

Does anyone of the chart handy of the schedule of the mangaka who gets, like, 3 hours of sleep a day? Those guys have to have a serious passion for manga.

Yeah, most mangaka get 4.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

Roland Jones posted:

His whole character and archetype make him ill-suited to taking the spotlight or driving the plot in a series like this

He's a fundamentally decent person in a position of authority during an expedition to an unknown land of great promise and danger. That's like every other exploration story out there.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

Oxxidation posted:

now Hisoka's going to be approaching him with more caution

And by that you mean running straight at him with an erection, right?

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
"We need some NPCs for this game, Ging."

"Use criminals as slave labor."

"That seems a bit hosed u-"

"If my son shows up, have them try to kill him. GING OUT!"

"-p."

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

Serious Frolicking posted:

Win or lose, Hisoka's story is pretty much over now. Gon ruined himself, as did Kurapika as far as Hisoka is concerned. He never cared nearly as much about Killua or Leorio. Sure, he could keep on popping up in future arcs (not that there will ever be future arcs), but why?

Because someone reports on the Dark Continent, the majority of the world that is filled with insanely deadly threats and esoteric dangers the likes of which even the most powerful men in history could not comprehend and challenge, and the force of blood rushing to his erection will propel him there instantly?

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

Serious Frolicking posted:

well, we do know of one guy who is beyond netero

Game recognize game.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

Tonfa posted:

With this fight I feel like we've seen everything out of Hisoka. Chrollo has potential to go into new directions if Togashi manages to fight off the crippling back pain.

Also I want the dramatic reveal where Chrollo uses the Nen of a good guy

and justice for gotoh

You are going to have to accept the stark reality that power stealers will never really be that interesting in any form of fiction, ever. It's the laziest power ever.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

Dias posted:

Gon is the protagonist character and his father is heavily involved in this Dark Continent BS.

But both of them are sociopaths and don't really care about the other on a personal level.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

Begemot posted:

Gon would still have his crazy power-up, Pitou would have just died faster if Komugi hadn't been injured.

If Komugi wasn't injured, Pitou would have never seriously talked to Gon, and Gon never would have reached the depths of hyper-rage necessary for his power up. He would have just died before having a chance to put all that together.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

Wild Horses posted:

Bug King’s sins can’t be forgiven just because he got a loli girlfriend. I’m sorry ant symphatizers (not loving sorry)

How can an animal sin? By the time he had a real concept of his self and his place in the world, he resolved not to do poo poo like that anymore. He literally was as moral as it was possible to be in his situation. He went from developing sentience to developing respect for all life in, what, a few months? Christ, that's better than nearly all our protagonists.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

Two Tone Shoes posted:

Yellow for life.

Bitches please, Lee Sang-min and Jang Dong-min run train on him.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
The answer is nothing because there's no way Killua's mom wasn't smoking dudes while pregnant and all her kids are basically normal. For given values of 'normal' in a psychotic assassin family.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

Tunicate posted:

Killua IS mastering nen at a ridiculously young age tho

So was Gon, and other people we've seen. He wasn't like magically already awakened, he still needed to do the training. Zushi was younger than they were. He didn't pick it up as fast but again: Younger than they were. And Killua is better than some of his siblings. So it doesn't seem to matter at all.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

Macksy posted:

New viewer who is a bit past the hunter exam and I wanna know if Lerorio ever gets to be the guy?

Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
The resolution of Gon's search for his father being "He's such an unlovable prick that Leorio punching Ging in the face was enough to give Leorio a serious chance of being President of the Hunter Association" was so perfect I no longer get worked up for more HxH. It's interesting, I'd love to see what happens on the death point to horror town, but if it doesn't happen the series still managed to find the most awesome of all peaks.