Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favorite arc?
The Hunter Exam
Heaven's Arena
Yorknew City
Greed Island
The Chimera Ants
The 13th Hunter Chairman Election
View Results

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Death Bot posted:

Same, I'm horrible with names and there's too many moving pieces for me to effectively track. I'm fully planning to reread when this boat thing wraps up in 2025 or whatever

Glad to see I'm not the only one who finds it difficult to remember names. I usually refer to the characters as "Prince #4" or "Prince #13 Bodyguard", though on occasion I might remember a name.

Speaking of Prince #13, I wonder what would happen if he left his room. I guess we'll find out when the banquet comes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Weren't the Spiders going to attack at the next banquet?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Is it confirmed that Neon is dead?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Since Kalluto and Illumi are part of the Spiders, are they vulnerable to Kurapika's nen?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I have a name that can only be spelled correctly in the color orange.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I thought the ones who did the jar ceremony were the only candidates for the succession.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I wonder if the method matters because otherwise they could grind their levels with poison or a well placed bomb.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

You'd think they'd remember Golden Week by now.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Do you think Kurapika will take down another spider?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

When you're reading/watching a different action series with aura fighting, have you ever started comparing that series' power system to Nen? For example, sometimes when I read One Piece and I see someone use Haki, I think "They using Kou or Shu and sometimes Gyo."

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Why are there people assuming Hisoka killed Neon? He doesn't know who she is, what she looks like, and he would have to deal with Kurapika, who is using her family's name.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Since we're waiting again, there's this thought I had recently. What would happen if a female Nen user were to use Nen while pregnant? We know Aura Nodes can be forced opened, so this would probably open the nodes on the baby. But what effect would this have on the child? Would they be able to master Aura at a ridiculously young age?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

But we all know that Prince #4 will be the final boss.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Turin Turambar posted:

That's pretty funny, as a pair of chapters ago some people jokingly guessed the same. Talk about prophetic.

In a way it doesn't seem that weird to me, as this Arc had already some Jojo references (nen beasts = stands, the nen beasts stopping Halkenburg bullet with the tip of the fingers like at the start of Part 3), so this cements on Togashi making a riff on some of the most famous shonen works with different HxH arcs. CA arc had several DBZ references, like Meruem being so similar to Cell and his ability of absorbing other people's nen to grow stronger, and Gon-san was a clear homage to Goku turning super-saiyan (except... you know, better, as it had a proper dramatic setup, ithad more emotional resonance, and it had some internal logic and long-lasting consequences).

Back during the Election arc there was a riff on Rotation from Jojo part 7 as well as flat out Jotaro Kujo.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

trucutru posted:

King Crimsom is a pretty powerful ability but the requirement of being in Zetsu and its nature means that it's quite useless against indiscriminate destruction abilities like Feitan's. It's the same weakness that made Araki get rid of Fugo in Jojo.

I keep seeing people say this and I have to speak up. It was only someone's speculation years ago that the reason Fugo was removed was because his Stand was too powerful. The real reason is that Araki was going to have Fugo be a spy and then betray the group, but Araki couldn't go through with it and just wrote him out.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

That's the guy with King Crimson powers, right?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

How many volumes/chapters have we been on the boat so far?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I wonder what it is about HxH that sticks with people despite the hiatus.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I forget, was there someone with King Crimson like powers?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Christ had to crucified in order to activate his Nen.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Doesn't Hisoka going after Kortopi and then Shalnark right after resurrecting and saying that he should control the situation with his opponents confirm that they had were involved with the fight?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Lucas Archer posted:

I can't remember the prince's name, but the psychopath, the one who can do the 10-second instant time bullshit - I wonder if Chrollo is going to try and steal that ability. That's the kind of thing I feel like he would be all over if he learned about it. Given all the moving parts of the succession war, I can't imagine the Spiders won't be involved in at least some significant way in how it plays out.
Maybe that guy's former bodyguard, the woman who tried to kill him, will hire Chrollo to do that just.

On a different note, was one of the rules of the succession war that none of the princes can leave the ship until they reach the Dark Continent? When they reach the fake Dark Continent, I wonder how many will die when they try to leave the boat.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Don't believe everything Wiki tells you, kids.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

The last time we saw him with his hair down was back in Greed Island, I think.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Isn't Kurapika the head of her father's mafia family?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

What if they have Neon temporarily die and then bring her back? Like in a medically controlled operation or something.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Those mafia guys would kill you if they think they could get away with it. The Phantom Troupe and Hisoka know they can get away with it so they barely bother.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I forget, how many Hei-ly people are still alive? I think we need someone to keep a tally.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I wonder why they can't fly a plane to the DC or take pictures from space. Have they developed space travel in this universe?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

How old are the oldest princes?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

What if those animal-esque transformations is like Kurapika's oath in a sense and makes their Nen stronger?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Silver2195 posted:

The argument in this chapter about whether a power is Conjuration, Emission, or Specialization made me laugh. The manga is turning into this thread! It even manages to confuse the issue of Knov's power that we were discussing earlier further, since it creates a special space, but uses it to effectively teleport people. Maybe Knov's power is Conjuration, and it works because it isn't "teleportation" in the sense Nobunaga means?

Edit: I like how Nobunaga learned from Gon and Killua to always consider the possibility of breaking a wall.

I love that detail.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

The ability that requires telling the other person your name, do you think it requires remembering the name?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I feel that once we move past the succession stuff and onto the Dark Continent, then Leorio would have a bigger presence.