Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004

Endorph posted:

sa - same...????

but yona (the show and the character) gets much better in the manga, pretty much immediately where the anime left off.

I'm sure. I need to be better about reading mangas of the shows I like that just end abruptly but for whatever reason I just cannot get into the format. I read comics just fine so I don't know what the issue is but whenever I pick up a manga I never finish it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
I finished Shirobako today.
Thank you all for recommending this. I enjoyed it alot. It was very charming.
On to One Punch Man.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

:cheerdoge:

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Davincie posted:

lets count the votes with all the normies who voted opm and jojo's filtered out

Top 3 No Normies Allowed (Any vote for Shirobaka, OPM, JoJo disqualifies)

1. SNAFU S2
3. Owarimonogatari
3. Symphogear GX

Somehow this isn't surprising.

I also checked with just Shirobako/OPM banned and it is *alot* more normie.

1. Jojo
2. SNAFU S2
3. Fate/Stay
4. Euphonium
5. Parasyte
6. Owarimonogatari
7. Symphogear
8. My Love Story
9. Food Wars

This was 20 people in total. There were 5 people that didn't vote for a single top 10 winner.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

That is a great list, and I feel suitably ashamed of losing interest in both Euphonium and Gatchaman three episodes in.
Also, great going for Concrete Revolutio - the weirdest, most unexpected and ambitious show, which is still somehow a total underdog. It's either gonna crash and burn next year, or it'll make my Top 5 again. If it weren't for Mob Psycho 100, it would be the anime that I look forward to the most in 2016.

If it weren't for this thread, I'd never given Shirobako a chance, so there's that too. I thought at first it's generic highschool girl adventures. I'm glad I was COMPLETELY wrong - I think it's easily in my Top 10 of all time now. I really hope it continues someday.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

kater posted:

1. SNAFU S2
3. Owarimonogatari
3. Symphogear GX

1. Jojo
2. SNAFU S2
3. Fate/Stay
4. Euphonium
5. Parasyte
6. Owarimonogatari
7. Symphogear
8. My Love Story
9. Food Wars

This was 20 people in total. There were 5 people that didn't vote for a single top 10 winner.

Shirobako isn't a normie show, but cool nonetheless

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

For next year everyone should be encouraged to list all the shows they enjoyed as honorable mentions.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Torquemadras posted:

That is a great list, and I feel suitably ashamed of losing interest in both Euphonium and Gatchaman three episodes in.

I love those shows but it's okay to not like an anime :). If you're at all curious a lot of the best parts of Euphonium are in the back half of the show.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

kater posted:

1. SNAFU S2
3. Owarimonogatari
3. Symphogear GX

1. Jojo
2. SNAFU S2
3. Fate/Stay
4. Euphonium
5. Parasyte
6. Owarimonogatari
7. Symphogear
8. My Love Story
9. Food Wars

now we're getting somewhere

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

Davincie posted:

lets count the votes with all the normies who voted opm and jojo's filtered out

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

dogsicle posted:

Shirobako isn't a normie show, but cool nonetheless

if I didn't know anime communities I'd say that Shirobako could be a normie show, but it is what it is I suppose.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

kater posted:

1. SNAFU S2
3. Owarimonogatari
3. Symphogear GX

1. Jojo
2. SNAFU S2
3. Fate/Stay
4. Euphonium
5. Parasyte
6. Owarimonogatari
7. Symphogear
8. My Love Story
9. Food Wars

I can't believe I'm getting called a freakin normie here...

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

littleorv posted:

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

littleorv posted:

You're

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?
Echoing all the praises here, Lucy- fine job and a fine list. :toot:

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

resurgam40 posted:

Echoing all the praises here, Lucy- fine job and a fine list. :toot:

:parrot:

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

LO is the only one with his very own smilie, he's the only non-normie if you think about it

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else
That list is super good. Thanks for throwing that together. Also, drat, 2015 was a good year.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
2015 was a good year for anime.

It's always a good year for anime.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Top 10 Anime Of 2015

What is the ADTRWiki yearly list written as? Weighted? Pure number of votes? I'll update the wiki page according to your list if you know how all the other years were done.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Pure number of votes, unfortunately. It's what led to Devil is a Part-Timer winning that one year.

wielder
Feb 16, 2008

"You had best not do that, Avatar!"

Command Ant posted:

2015 was a good year for anime.

There were so many great shows that I couldn't watch all of them before the voting period ended.

Will the year 2016 turn out to be at least roughly as good? I guess we will have to wait and see!

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib
I went ahead and added the results to the wiki. Time to make missing pages.

smenj
Oct 10, 2012
Oh, er, drat, forgot to vote. Looks like it wouldn't have changed anything anyway, but for what it matters:
#1 Shirobako
#2 One Punch Man
#3 Durarara S2 (parts 1/2)
#4 SNAFU S2
#5 Food Wars
Honourable Mentions: Noragami Aragoto, Haikyuu S2 (although it's not done yet), Ore Monogatari.

My (now irrelevant) votes aside, great list! Or, at least, the ones I've watched from it are, and although I'm still on S1 of Non Non Biyori, I'm confident S2 will continue to be incredibly relaxing and nice. I'm rather surprised though that Durarara is as low as it is, given how great it was, but I guess it's a bit less popular than I'd assumed. Then again, it had a fair amount of great competition this year.

Also, I'm pleased to see Shirobako scored as well as it deserved, despite wondering if people were going to forget about it a bit considering it aired so early in the year. Hopefully 2016 sees another equally good breakout show from nowhere.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Top 10 Anime Of 2015

Thanks for tallying these. Boo the 6 people who voted for OPM but did not vote for Shirobako.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Thanks for tallying these. Boo the 6 people who voted for OPM but did not vote for Shirobako.

I am one of those people.

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

I'm in the middle of watching Shirobako now and can say this: it's good

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

The Colonel posted:

i wanted to give punchline a vote, but there were too many good shows this year

Yeah this was an amazing year and I hate it because I now have double the backlog and half the time to watch them.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
I probably should have voted, but there's a lot of big stuff that I didn't see (most notably One-Punch Man,) so it wouldn't be completely fair. That said, Non Non Biyori Repeat and Shirobako would definitely be my top picks.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I am one of those people.

I'm not surprised, because you consistently have the worst anime opinions. :colbert:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I will watch Shirobako at this thread's behest soon.

I'm up to episode 7 of this and it's pretty good but I feel like there are too many characters for an idiot like me so I haven't grown to recognise many or appreciate them. I do like the red head with blue eyes (Shizuka?) 'cos it's setting up for life to poo poo on her and that makes me feel bad for her.

e: The mohawk kid and fat rear end director are assholes I don't like them at all.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Jan 5, 2016

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Lemon Curdistan posted:

I'm not surprised, because you consistently have the worst anime opinions. :colbert:

I stopped on episode 2 I think. Or 3.

Same for Euphonium, for that matter.

Maybe it's a think.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i swear zep sometimes you have opinions that are good and make me want to kiss you but then you have really bad opinions that make me want to destroy you and everything you hold dear

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I stopped on episode 2 I think. Or 3.

Same for Euphonium, for that matter.

Maybe it's a think.

I was gonna say "a me thing" but it came out as "a think" for some reason.

The Colonel posted:

i swear zep sometimes you have opinions that are good and make me want to kiss you but then you have really bad opinions that make me want to destroy you and everything you hold dear

I hold you dear, Colonel.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Nate RFB posted:

Pure number of votes, unfortunately. It's what led to Devil is a Part-Timer winning that one year.

Devil is a Part-Timer winning was a good result.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Zerilan posted:

Devil is a Part-Timer winning was a good result.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I'm up to episode 7 of this and it's pretty good but I feel like there are too many characters for an idiot like me so I haven't grown to recognise many or appreciate them. I do like the red head with blue eyes (Shizuka?) 'cos it's setting up for life to poo poo on her and that makes me feel bad for her.

e: The mohawk kid and fat rear end director are assholes I don't like them at all.

Zuka-chan-senpai... :smith:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Why not include both unweighted and weighted on the Anime Death Tentacle Rape Whorehouse Wiki for the heck of it.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

In Training posted:

Why not include both unweighted and weighted on the Anime Death Tentacle Rape Whorehouse Wiki for the heck of it.

This seems good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

In Training posted:

No, there's not enough space on the internet.

• Locked thread