Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

I'm still around too. I mostly just read the thread though. Rarely ever post anymore because I ended up quitting after heavy event fatigue and constant release fatigue as well. I still like seeing what comes out and seeing what stupidity WK/NECA pulls out next.

Anyways, if I was to play that scenario, I'd have to play one of my favorite teams to break out for fun. Duhg's Army of the Nine Realms Multiverse. Duhg, and at least one character from as many different licenses as possible, not counting himself.

Can't think of any choice recruits off the top of my head since it's been quite some time since I built any teams. Let alone a Duhg Team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

The Hunter

Dexie posted:

It's the same thing they did with the awful Street Fighter starter. :argh:

Man, I still remember that thing. They put the normal P1 colors for the six in there, and gave them fairly worthless dials. Well, with the exception of Chun-Li having SOME utility.

I was always tempted to sculpt swap the starter and set versions so I could at least have the standard colors on decent, usable dials. I just dealt with popping the tops on the dials of the main set versions and noting that I was using the actual main set dial/points/etc.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

The Hunter

Well, with this rotation, I am officially off the Modern Age train (unless I actually get drawn back with Superior Foes). Haven't gotten anything since GotG and all.

Anyways, in addition to the rotation news, we've got another TMNT preview: Rat King

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

The Hunter

The Grammar Aryan posted:

Since Cyclops can pick direction, the fixed direction becomes a choice, so as written, yes, he can pull people towards him, possibly with the rationalization that he's ricocheting the shot off of something and winging them in the back of the head.

Even if it doesn't make sense, there's no reason as written that he can't, so he can, because sometimes this game just doesn't make any drat sense. Forget about it, Maniac, it's HeroClix.

This is the sort of thing I always loved about HeroClix.

Steve Vader posted:

Cheap Jean Grey TK yo-yo of a HSS beatstick. And the game comes full circle.

And this isn't.

Maybe I'll jump back into the game for a little bit with Superior Foes, but probably not. What with money being tight, and focusing on as well as running events for another game. I still enjoy seeing what comes out though.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

The Hunter

IIRC, you don't need to win him, you can buy him! It's Hawkman you need to win.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

The Hunter

Torrent posted:

The Mage Knight set crosses multiple boundaries, with Amazon and Elf both showing up.
Duhg's Army, of course, lets you do whatever you want. I've played The Theme-iest Theme Team That Has Ever Been Themed, which is a 14-universe named theme team due to him.

This is exactly why I always loved Duhg. Just smash all the universes together!

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

The Hunter

Morand posted:

Different note, apparently summertime is gonna be utterly packed with clix as they've announced a new Thor Set

...I can't afford to get back into Clix...I can't afford to get back into Clix...

quote:

And while theres no official confirmation Pat Yapaco is being as subtle as a brick about Beta Ray Bill being in the set so I am guessing that was his second champ choice.

*Internal Volume Intensifies*

...I can't afford to get back into Clix...I can't afford to get back into Clix...

ManiacClown posted:

Asgardians with super boosters, including motherfucking Surtur, who's sure to have sweet-rear end translucent fire coming off him like nobody's business? Beta Ray Bill and getting to have what's probably a relic of Stormbreaker?

*Internally Screaming*

:sigh:

...I wish I could afford to get back into Clix. Money and space is at a major premium right now.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

The Hunter

thebardyspoon posted:

I think the fact that the rules are so crazy involved and long winded would make it a way funnier joke if they never use them again. Kind of an interesting idea but I wouldn't want to see them alot if they are a thing going forward. Maybe one or two characters per set so like Thor and Loki in the Thor set coming out later this year. Could be a good way to make the villains who basically work alone or are the big guys in massive story arcs work better in clix.

Yeah, with Planeswalkers Title Characters being a thing now, I can totally see a new Loki, Agent of Asgard happening. As well as either Thor, God of Thunder or The Unworthy Thor for the Odinson, or The Mighty Thor for Jane. But considering it would be the first Title Character(s) for Asgardians, it'd probably be an Odinson for Thor. I'd put money down on either Thor, God of Thunder or Simonson era The Mighty Thor as being the big Title Character for the new Thor set.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

The Hunter

Red posted:

Right?

I just wish that half the Pirates out there weren't chases or super rares. :(

It's thematic though. They board your ship wallet and take all your money!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

The Hunter

Maybe they're pulling a Syndrome.

If every piece is Meta, no piece is.

Alternatively, they're just pushing the super powerful chases to drive more sales. Because, of course they are. Doesn't make it good.

• Locked thread