Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GoodbyeTurtles

:suezo:

Chinups are a gateway excercise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mags

I am a congenital optimist.
I tripped on a raised square of sidewalk while running and fell on my right wrist, spraining it really badly. THANKS FITNESS THREAD

paul_soccer12 posted:

everyone in the idf must die

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)
FluffieDuckie

stay safe fitness yobbers :ohdear:

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

GoodbyeTurtles

You must become stronger than the ground

mags

GoodbyeTurtles posted:

You must become stronger than the ground

I finished running

paul_soccer12 posted:

mags

i was bleeding from the face, my hands were scraped, i felt like i was becomeing one with the universe, melting into a quivering mass of pain, the only constant in existence

paul_soccer12 posted:

Matoi Ryuko

mister magpie posted:

I tripped on a raised square of sidewalk while running and fell on my right wrist, spraining it really badly. THANKS FITNESS THREAD

I tripped on a raised square of sidewalk that was covered in snow and it was 5 degrees out and I was running home with a fresh pizza. The pizza never touched the ground.

mags

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I tripped on a raised square of sidewalk that was covered in snow and it was 5 degrees out and I was running home with a fresh pizza. The pizza never touched the ground.

well you are probably younger, smaller, and sprier than I

paul_soccer12 posted:

Matoi Ryuko

mister magpie posted:

i was bleeding from the face, my hands were scraped, i felt like i was becomeing one with the universe, melting into a quivering mass of pain, the only constant in existence

I skinned off the part of the hand that's really tough and skidded like 3 feet on my face and other arm this summer. Falling sucks really bad when you're not wearing anything to protect yourself.

SIDS Vicious

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I skinned off the part of the hand that's really tough and skidded like 3 feet on my face and other arm this summer. Falling sucks really bad when you're not wearing anything to protect yourself.

well i hope you learned your lesson about practicing nudism

wow that was an old sig lol
chec k out my drawings the sidsons :)

Matoi Ryuko

mister magpie posted:

well you are probably younger, smaller, and sprier than I

Probably not! I'm just really tough. You know how when you twist your ankle it hurts like crazy? That kind of thing just tickles now.

FluffieDuckie

you guys should try not to fall when you're running

Matoi Ryuko

Celluloid Sam posted:

I didn't.

mags

Celluloid Sam posted:

lol

Matoi Ryuko posted:

yeah, same here. it really sucked. my wrist took all 241 pounds while my hand was curled into a fist, slamming into my right rib cage as my chin slid on the concrete. kinda wish it was recorded

paul_soccer12 posted:

Matoi Ryuko

FluffieDuckie posted:

you guys should try not to fall when you're running

Have you been doing much running lately, fluff?

Matoi Ryuko

mister magpie posted:

lol

yeah, same here. it really sucked. my wrist took all 241 pounds while my hand was curled into a fist, slamming into my right rib cage as my chin slid on the concrete. kinda wish it was recorded

I bet you felt like a badass when you put your hand down to push yourself back up!

FluffieDuckie

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Have you been doing much running lately, fluff?

my feet and common sense prevent me from doing such a thing.

i've been power walking in the hills and i often get lost and wind up walking twice as far as i meant to. feeble mind, strong calves

Matoi Ryuko

FluffieDuckie posted:

my feet and common sense prevent me from doing such a thing.

i've been power walking in the hills and i often get lost and wind up walking twice as far as i meant to. feeble mind, strong calves

I don't really understand the first comment, but it's good that you're getting away every now and again!

FluffieDuckie

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I don't really understand the first comment, but it's good that you're getting away every now and again!

i can't run because i kept tearing tendons in my arches and the doctor said sure you can run as long as you don't mind excruciating pain, steroid shots, and wearing injury boots on the reg

Matoi Ryuko

FluffieDuckie posted:

i can't run because i kept tearing tendons in my arches and the doctor said sure you can run as long as you don't mind excruciating pain, steroid shots, and wearing injury boots on the reg

That sure sucks! Maybe swimming might be more your thing! Surfer duckie!! :duckie:

FluffieDuckie

Matoi Ryuko posted:

That sure sucks! Maybe swimming might be more your thing! Surfer duckie!! :duckie:

i swim laps every day in the summer. however despite heating the pool and living in california, November hits and theres no fricken way you can get in that water. i thought my heart was going to stop the last time i was in there

Matoi Ryuko

FluffieDuckie posted:

i swim laps every day in the summer. however despite heating the pool and living in california, November hits and theres no fricken way you can get in that water. i thought my heart was going to stop the last time i was in there

I wouldn't suggest doing that to your heart! That's a real shame about your feet. I often think about the less fortunate, because they're unable to run, when I run.

SIDS Vicious

i have been doing some running at the gym but i mostly ride the stationary bike for cardio because of my awful smokers lungs

Matoi Ryuko

Celluloid Sam posted:

i have been doing some running at the gym but i mostly ride the stationary bike for cardio because of my awful smokers lungs

I quit smoking a year before I picked up running. I imagine it must be pretty tough to run while being a smoker.

mags

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I quit smoking a year before I picked up running. I imagine it must be pretty tough to run while being a smoker.

while i was in the military we would have yearly physical assessments and quite a few of the people on my division would do the run test while smoking a cigarette

paul_soccer12 posted:

Matoi Ryuko

mister magpie posted:

while i was in the military we would have yearly physical assessments and quite a few of the people on my division would do the run test while smoking a cigarette

Their testing is only somewhat stringent. Only cool divisions like the rangers or whatever have stringent physical testing.

Matoi Ryuko

mags

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Their testing is only somewhat stringent. Only cool divisions like the rangers or whatever have stringent physical testing.

well i mean it was run it in a certain time or fail. these guys were just good runners

paul_soccer12 posted:

mags

seemed stringent to me :(

paul_soccer12 posted:

mags

also having met "special forces" guys they all tended to be egotistical douches, not very cool to me

paul_soccer12 posted:

Matoi Ryuko

mister magpie posted:

well i mean it was run it in a certain time or fail. these guys were just good runners

Smoking and running don't seem to go hand in hand!

mister magpie posted:

seemed stringent to me :(

:(

mister magpie posted:

also having met "special forces" guys they all tended to be egotistical douches, not very cool to me

gently caress em'

hemale in pain

i hate loving colds

i cycled for like 5 miles and just started coughing up phlegm and had to come home :(

GoodbyeTurtles

I have been bouldering a lot (have to make up the routes ourselves out here on rocks fallen from the cliffs) and walked the Masca gorge yesterday.

Today has probably been the first actual rest day, but I spent most of it juggling stones on the beach and getting sunburn everywhere. Ya

SIDS Vicious

i did 6.67 miles in 25 minutes on the stationary bike tonight. an improvement of 0.67 miles over saturday. i was able to do 30 sit ups today when befoe i always had to stop at 15 and i did another chin up! plus ten different weight machines. and i improved my bench press from 15 lbs in each hand to 20 yay

Matoi Ryuko

Celluloid Sam posted:

i did 6.67 miles in 25 minutes on the stationary bike tonight. an improvement of 0.67 miles over saturday. i was able to do 30 sit ups today when befoe i always had to stop at 15 and i did another chin up! plus ten different weight machines. and i improved my bench press from 15 lbs in each hand to 20 yay

Do 15, take a 2 minute break, do another 15, another break and repeat until you're the strongest man in the universe.

GoodbyeTurtles

Don't do sit-ups, just elbow plank for 2 mins a day

Piso Mojado

GoodbyeTurtles posted:

Don't do sit-ups, just elbow plank for 2 mins a day

whaaaa?! sit ups are fun as hell tho!

GoodbyeTurtles

Piso Mojado posted:

whaaaa?! sit ups are fun as hell tho!

I'm a 23yo vehicle tech so my back is hosed, sit-ups are pretty bad for aggravating lower back injuries so I do my best to avoid them.
I just find planking works a lot better for me anyway.

Ace of Baes

Matoi Ryuko posted:

The testing is the same across the board, special units just have barriers to entry called "schools" that require you to do weird or difficult things before joining their unit. Also Ive ran an 11:40 2-mile as a smoker and knew a smoker who was on the all army 10 mile team. (Competitive team of some of the best runners in the army)

Not saying that smoking doesnt gently caress your run up but you can still be fast or have endurance while being a smoker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hemale in pain

i loving hate planks. like i dunno why but i find them too tedious.

• Locked thread