Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mags

I am a congenital optimist.
starting couch to 5k and heavy lifting, 3 days a week for each. i'm hoping to drop 30 pounds to a little over 200

paul_soccer12 posted:

everyone in the idf must die

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)
Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mags

6'2"

mags

I tripped on a raised square of sidewalk while running and fell on my right wrist, spraining it really badly. THANKS FITNESS THREAD

paul_soccer12 posted:

mags

GoodbyeTurtles posted:

You must become stronger than the ground

I finished running

paul_soccer12 posted:

mags

i was bleeding from the face, my hands were scraped, i felt like i was becomeing one with the universe, melting into a quivering mass of pain, the only constant in existence

paul_soccer12 posted:

mags

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I tripped on a raised square of sidewalk that was covered in snow and it was 5 degrees out and I was running home with a fresh pizza. The pizza never touched the ground.

well you are probably younger, smaller, and sprier than I

paul_soccer12 posted:

mags

Celluloid Sam posted:

well i hope you learned your lesson about practicing nudism

lol

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I skinned off the part of the hand that's really tough and skidded like 3 feet on my face and other arm this summer. Falling sucks really bad when you're not wearing anything to protect yourself.

yeah, same here. it really sucked. my wrist took all 241 pounds while my hand was curled into a fist, slamming into my right rib cage as my chin slid on the concrete. kinda wish it was recorded

paul_soccer12 posted:

mags

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I quit smoking a year before I picked up running. I imagine it must be pretty tough to run while being a smoker.

while i was in the military we would have yearly physical assessments and quite a few of the people on my division would do the run test while smoking a cigarette

paul_soccer12 posted:

mags

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Their testing is only somewhat stringent. Only cool divisions like the rangers or whatever have stringent physical testing.

well i mean it was run it in a certain time or fail. these guys were just good runners

paul_soccer12 posted:

mags

seemed stringent to me :(

paul_soccer12 posted:

mags

also having met "special forces" guys they all tended to be egotistical douches, not very cool to me

paul_soccer12 posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mags

Ace of Baes posted:

Not saying that smoking doesnt gently caress your run up but you can still be fast or have endurance while being a smoker.

yep

paul_soccer12 posted:

• Locked thread