Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the unabonger
Getting buff by swimming is a good thing to do, i highly recommend it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the unabonger
this definitely doesnt count as fitness but i went on a hike/went birding last saturday in the elkhorn slough, and it was definitely an outdoor activity. dont have a fancy camera so i didnt get any bird pics, but i did get a nice panorama from the spot I ate lunch at:

we went right as the tide started dropping so we saw a good amount of snowy and great egrets, one very large great blue heron, some oystercatchers, a stilt, some avocets, some godwits, and then two greater yellowlegs. There was also a ton of gulls but i didnt really care about them.

the unabonger

Piso Mojado posted:

this is cool as hell, and hiking definitely counts as fitness.

tbh I probably only hiked for 2 hours. I spent most of the time trying to creep up on birds because my mom "borrowed" my good ones

Chill la Chill posted:

nobody seemed interested in the historic eddie aikau surf competition when I posted about it, so I can see surf cat's apprehension. Like man, Clyde said it was the best waves he's seen in 40 years.

I heard on npr this morning that it was uncle clyde's last time participating, it was a really heartwarming segment

the unabonger
since its the whale migration right now, I went up to big sur and spent some time hiking on cliffs above the ocean yesterday. saw a bunch of humpback whales, no breaching or flukes spotted just spouts and their backs. it was a beatuiful day though, i had a very nice time. off to the beach today

the unabonger fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Mar 20, 2016

• Locked thread