Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FluffieDuckie

stay safe fitness yobbers :ohdear:

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FluffieDuckie

you guys should try not to fall when you're running

FluffieDuckie

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Have you been doing much running lately, fluff?

my feet and common sense prevent me from doing such a thing.

i've been power walking in the hills and i often get lost and wind up walking twice as far as i meant to. feeble mind, strong calves

FluffieDuckie

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I don't really understand the first comment, but it's good that you're getting away every now and again!

i can't run because i kept tearing tendons in my arches and the doctor said sure you can run as long as you don't mind excruciating pain, steroid shots, and wearing injury boots on the reg

FluffieDuckie

Matoi Ryuko posted:

That sure sucks! Maybe swimming might be more your thing! Surfer duckie!! :duckie:

i swim laps every day in the summer. however despite heating the pool and living in california, November hits and theres no fricken way you can get in that water. i thought my heart was going to stop the last time i was in there

FluffieDuckie

after being out of the gym for longer than i can even guess due to injuries that landed me in physical therapy i finally started fresh - new gym, new trainer, new routine. so a reasonable person would take it easy so they don't get hurt again

a reasonable person

FluffieDuckie

ok guys. i lifted saturday, so 3 days ago. i'm still marginally sore. am i allowed to lift today?

(pretending to be thoughtful and cautious here)

FluffieDuckie

super jelly of the al/piso biking camping trip

not jealous enough to purchase a bike and an airplane ticket, but still jelly

FluffieDuckie

Shine posted:

You should play Rocket League, actually.

is this like during the lifting or instead of?

bc i could go with either

FluffieDuckie

i had one of those days when i increased my weight on every machine yesterday. i came home feeling like a champ

so i ate a plate of brownies to celebrate :cripes:

FluffieDuckie

lmbo calrissian posted:

Give me recs for a good regular store brand protein powder? i pref dont wanna order online

i don't know what you mean by regular store brand. i drink this stuff because i'm a giant taste weenie and it tastes exactly like chocolate milk to me. you can get it lots of places like gnc, vitamin shop, and my computer tells me walmart

please god no one tell me i should be drinking something else bc i don't think i can deal with that level of disappointment :ohdear:

FluffieDuckie

i didn't know there was such a thing as no contact ice hockey

FluffieDuckie

they sure type a lot of words in other forums

FluffieDuckie

alnilam posted:

I use whey powder mostly because I'm a vegetarian

FluffieDuckie

going to second the "maybe not running on a bad knee" thing.

trust me i'm an expert on being injured

FluffieDuckie

I thing just happened to me

A man got on a machine after me and had to put less weight on it

I mean it wasn't a young man or a buff man. But still let's give me this moment

FluffieDuckie

I mean for all we know he had a horrible debilitating back injury.

God you guys get off my back

FluffieDuckie

Would it be rude for me to go ask him if he's injured in any way?

FluffieDuckie

i left the gym without asking him if he was injured or handicapped in any way so i'm going to assume he's a burly he-man and i'm just a badass weightlifter

FluffieDuckie

lmbo calrissian posted:

Ok ima buy some Dumbbells for the first time tomorrow cause going to the gym is honestly bullshit when u beginner and don't have a trainer/you're poor/you hate yourself

and a friend said i don't really hate working out, I'm just frustrated cause everyone else had a head start

and to listen to podcasts instead of music

You just have to find your thing. I tried all kinds of stuff and changed gyms before I found something that worked for me.

Just don't give up

FluffieDuckie

Ok I'm going to write more because I'm on a bike right now and have a bunch of time plus I'm really kind of a born again exercise fanatic and I can't stop trying to recruit people

Here's what worked to finally get me to lift weights. I would do cardio plenty but I hated weights. I found free weights super intimidating and even the machines seemed like a big hassle.

Then I finally changed gyms to our local Ymca. They have a great program where you get 3 free 1 hour sessions with their trainers. They get you set up on the machines. They figure out what your seat settings should be and what your starting weight is. And then, this is the best part, all their equipment is set up in a fit links system. They give you a code and you enter the code at the machine and it reminds you what your seat setting should be and what your target weight is. Then they track your progress and you earn tshirts for earning certain points. It's like exercising for dummies. In addition during the day our y is mostly older people. Very few hardbody types. So the guy next to you isn't making you feel like an idiot.

So what I'm saying is if you're having trouble getting started at your gym it might be that gym isn't right for you and theres a better program out there for you.

FluffieDuckie

alnilam posted:

what kind of tshirts are there

Oh just different colored shirts for different levels so you can wear it to the gym to show off all the hours you've been in the gym in case your body doesn't reflect that already

It's the equivalent of giving a kindergartener a sticker for attendance but it works on me because I have the emotional needs of a kindergartener when it comes to exercise

FluffieDuckie

i got it

trex sweetie please you gotta do something about that sig. i think i've deleted it like 10 times and i'm kind of tired of that wiener

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FluffieDuckie

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

I thought took it out lol x.x [sigs = off]

e: k?

:love:

• Locked thread