Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
i lit :10bux: :10bux: :10bux: on fire for this game, so im here to defend my purchase~

- white knight blazing 'apologist' zero

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

cathead, i will play this game with you and with anyone when it is available to play. i cant wait to see what's in store for us all

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Robo Reagan posted:

question can i pay money and play a completed project right now

there's not an ongoing early access beta or anything iirc. if you drop hundreds of dollars you can get into bad tech demo alphas though :homebrew:

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Robo Reagan posted:

okay well looking forward to the inevitable buggy alpha followed by a buggy release in 2025 before the game dies a silent F2P death

nice meltdown

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Robo Reagan posted:

im not sure you know what a meltdown is

good on you for being oddly passive aggressive about another vapoware mmo though

ok

Byolante posted:

To find people's breaking point with unwinnable situations people quit moba games 10 minutes in if they see it going south. I cannot see how you could rig it in such a way that would force people to continue to compete in lost causes which wouldn't either make people quit because they are getting spawn camped or make people quit because no matter how hard they are winning the game doesn't actually let them win.

The only thing that will stop deathblob guilds from controlling entire shards is having staging limits which will alienate and anger the hardcores who run the deathblobs by preventing them for actually being able to utilise their full force.

There are just fundamental problems with a game like this which happen every time someone tries to make one and I fail to see how they aren't something in the inherent makeup of open pvp mmos.

you've framed the issue with full loot pvp mmos exactly. if you try to stop the blobs from blobbing, they leave. once they leave, the deathspiral of "cant find anyone" starts. if you let the blobs exist, the solo minded and self-imposed smaller sized groups leave. the blobs have nothing to kill, they leave.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

unless it somehow translates to power in the actual game, the EK system seems wholly uninteresting to me

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Kimsemus posted:

So did I, I just can't remember when I did or how I even found this game.

Oh well, in it to win it now. :toot:

im pretty sure you heard from me or LG, kim back in the days of us writing terrible posts

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

i too still have a 30 dollar ticket to whatever this happens to be :shepface:

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

logistics~

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Lastgirl posted:

forums died out thanks to the iron curtain

sporadic updates and commentary going "woooow! so awesome!!" are the staple posts

I sometimes just post in announcement threads to tease Pann

yeah it was fun to poo poo post there for a while but it stopped being fun vOv

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

if only someone would ~think of the poor game devs~

e: if you don't kickstart, youre suppressing a whole genre of free expression~
e2: tildes

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Anyone got an invite? Pledged $175 on layaway and it'd be nice to try it out before I put more than the $24 deposit into this.

:eyepop:

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

2DCAT posted:

I don't think there's a best case scenario when one spends $175 for a video game.

game shaming in the crowfall thread? i cant beleive it

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Pavlov posted:

^^^ when the gently caress did we get that one?

when someone acquired more money than sense

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

lurkers: greets

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Deki posted:

I still give it more of a shot than the darkfall rereleases.

looking 50/50 to me :shrug:

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

neat read

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

if you pour money into mmo kickstarters or EARLY ACCESS, you deserve your fate

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Cartouche posted:

#albionlivesmatter

i maintain that albion was a good game :colbert:

idk what it is now though

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Anoia posted:

Hey A. DLarge, if I say I'll release a space MMO at some point will you give me a few thousand dollars? I've got medical pills to pay.

I'll include virtual towels.

im going to bring in a space game art director as well and say hes super popular. how much of a extended goal can we charge for this

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

friend if oldschool uo is what you want, it still exists as free servers. meanwhile, normal people are tired of that garbage

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

my honor is this big

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

s-s-stop staring!!

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

SweetBro posted:

That being said, I'm actually excited for Crowfall because the developers seem to actually comprehend the challenges of scale and have answered the issue of a design level (the little sharded campaign poo poo which the name of escapes me right now) rather than making overblown impossible to fulfill "one big world" promises like every other Kickstarter mmo.

i was with you until this section. the cf devs still want massive worlds but they will be sharded. unless they recently scaled back from the 200+ per shard

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

30.5 Days posted:

Has the definition of massive changed so much that a particularly popular Minecraft server now fits?

seeing as no one can create anything better, yes

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Orv posted:

I like a sourdough bun on a homemade burg.

same but with a whole mess of onions on the burg

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

i dont have testing access but im totally sure this game is going to be amazing. cf will save gaming

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

im very angry, why isnt MY videogame out yet

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

i just started a patreon and if i get enough funding i will build the goonhaus

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

malhavok posted:

i mean, i do have over 800 bucks of store credit, without cashing in the collectors edition and 2 years of vip

is there a :staredog: large enough

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Capntastic posted:

I will get the castle with my credits and if people wanna kick VIP tokens my way that is fine but I'm not gonna make a loving website about it.

idk, providing for goons is a noble effort and maybe some people think its worth a few buckerinos

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

eSporks posted:

It's no shock to me that publishers would turn down a full loot PVP focused MMO. We haven't had a successful one in over a decade unless you count Day Z. The mainstream market wants to watch numbers climb not see gear lost.

For the love of all that is holy, I really hope they stick with the full loot plan. I don't know why Shadow babe decided to change it right before launch.

its because full loot mmos always end in a scenario where new or returning players are quickly devoured and quit while vets complain no one is playing and quit

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

mike12345 posted:

otoh rpg-like progression and loot whoring are everywhere now, so who needs mmos

a good point. turn crowfall into a diablo-like with fun combat and ditch the dumpster fire that is full loot mmo

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

friends, id love to see campaign resets solve the establishment circlejerk decline of full loot mmos. i bet 30 bucks on it, too.

i fear that while it has a shot at solving it, it brings its own problems like FPS sore loser syndrome. example: one week into campaign 34 leetdudebros guild with about 100 people goes up against cheetosniffers with roughly 80. leetbros arent quite as coordinated and lose their first decisive battle. cheetos win and the majority of leetbros go 'welp, #34 is a bust, we'll be back for 35!" meanwhile cheetosniffers go on unopposed and crush all the smaller groups

repeat until everyone joins a zerg or stops playing. even if there are strong incentives to keep competing, once the game has been out for a few months we will all know what the benefits of struggling against the established powers in a campaign will be and where the 'worth it' cutoff is. there's no game mechanics that prevent people from solving this equation

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

i think we are all winners and successful people :peanut:

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

i only got the 30 dollar early package or w/e. can i log in and kill mans

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

FireWhizzle posted:

Does my $100 help purchase custom built doors [ ] yes [ ] no [ ]

Also, let us take a moment to reflect on the following two words:

Walton

Freeman

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

friendly reminder, these opinions are exactly how albion online started out

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Orv posted:

Goddamn man, get over AO already.

i think its ok to post opinions about games in the games forum of something awful dot com and if you dont like that, gently caress you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

does anyone know when they let in the :10bux: x3 crew