Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on David Cameron's EU negotiations – David Cameron said he would move to ‘put beyond doubt’ the sovereignty of parliament when he was challenged on his EU negotiations by Boris Johnson" After the Startrite ad.

Telegraph:

Lord Lucan death certificate granted

Independent:

'Milk Tray Man' role won by Liverpool fireman

Times:

Mail:
Mac on... genetically modified embryos

Mac on... David Cameron's EU deal

And since Squires went down so well a few days ago, have a bonus Guardian Australian Sport:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on aid pledged for Syria – More than $10bn (£7bn) was raised for Syria at the all-day London donor conference, according to David Cameron – the largest amount ever raised for a humanitarian cause in a single day"

Telegraph:

David Cameron prompts anger by telling MPs to ignore the views of eurosceptic grassroots members

Independent:

Times:

Julian Assange is being 'arbitrarily held', UN panel to say

Mail:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the EU referendum and Julian Assange – Julian Assange remains in the Ecuadorian embassy while campaigners to leave the EU fight over who should be the official lead group"

Telegraph:

Start of Six Nations rugby union tournament (Goon thread)

Times:

Stephen Collins:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Europe: 'Britannia' speaks her mind - Chris Riddell on Tory grassroot reaction to David Cameron’s EU negotiations" Also Pride and Prejudice and Zombies (film), out this week (which has Martin Rowson artwork in the opening credits)

Sunday Telegraph:

Independent on Sunday:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Jeremy Hunt and the NHS – With a strike planned for 10 February, health minister accuses BMA of ‘spreading misinformation’ about terms being offered by the government"

Telegraph:

EU referendum: PM accused of 'disrespect' to activists

Independent:

UN Security Council vows new sanctions after N Korea's rocket launch

Times:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on David Cameron's plans for the prison system – David Cameron will reveal plans for wholesale changes to the prison system including giving more power to prison governors and ranking the 121 jails in England and Wales in league tables"

Telegraph:

Happy Chinese New Year 2016! Everything you need to know about the Year of the Monkey

Independent:

Times:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on George Osborne and the economy – In a week when share prices crashed in Europe and the US, the Institute for Fiscal Studies said Osborne’s plan to put the UK back in the black by the end of the current parliament was vulnerable to a protracted financial market panic"

Telegraph:

Trident: Getting agreed Labour position 'may be impossible'

Times:

Mail:
Mac on...Cameron's prison reforms

'Oh, do stop moaning, Wayne – at least you're home during the week now.'

Guardian Sport:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Nice!

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Jeremy Hunt and the NHS – Jeremy Hunt, the health secretary, has claimed that turnout for the junior doctors’ strike is lower than for last month’s industrial action as Downing Street indicated that the government was ready to impose a new contract"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Jack Straw to be 'denied knighthood and peerage' under Jeremy Corbyn

Times:

Mail:
Mac on... The devastation after Storm Imogen

Australian Guardian Sport

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Jeremy Hunt and junior doctors – Doctors and their supporters said the decision to impose a new contract on junior doctors made clear that the government believed it could bully them into submission"

Telegraph:

Einstein's gravitational waves 'seen' from black holes

Independent:

Times:

Mail:
MAC ON...The junior doctors' strike

Mac on... MPs' pay rises

(Or is it Paul Thomas?)

Bonus:
https://twitter.com/MartinRowson/status/697914961465573377

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Pesky Splinter posted:

Before he can get to the Queen, first he must face...

I knew I was saving that spot in the OP for something. Thank you ever so much for this. :yayclod:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the Syrian ceasefire – Bashar al-Assad has dealt a blow to international efforts to secure a ceasefire, deliver aid and promote a negotiated solution to the war in Syria, vowing to regain control of the entire country" Also Einstein's gravitational waves 'seen' from black holes

Telegraph:

Independent:

After Giovanni Lanfranco.

Times:

Stephen Collins:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Junior doctors: a guide to the NHS dispute - Chris Riddell on Jeremy Hunt’s imposition of new employment contracts"

Sunday Telegraph:

Independent on Sunday:

And have a bonus from Rowson's twitter:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Syrian peace talks - Speaking at peace talks in Munich at the weekend, US secretary of state John Kerry criticised Russia for its actions in Ukraine and Syria, accusing Moscow of “repeated aggression”" After Pieter Bruegel the Elder.

Telegraph:

Baftas 2016: The Revenant rules at Baftas

Independent:

Times:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the government's position on Israeli goods – Councils, NHS trusts and other publicly funded bodies will be prevented from boycotting Israeli goods under new government procurement guidelines"

Telegraph:

Donald Tusk: 'Real' risk of break-up over EU referendum talks

Independent:

Wikipedia: pig in a poke

Times:

Guardian Sport:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on David Cameron and Europe – David Cameron’s insistence that settlement terms defining a new deal for Britain in the EU must be immediately legally watertight and irreversible has suffered a setback after the president of the European parliament said he could not guarantee that" After WF Yeames.

Telegraph:

Times:

Russia rejects Syria war crimes claim over hospital attacks

Mail:
Mac on...the proposed Brexit

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on David Cameron, Boris Johnson and the EU – Boris Johnson has told David Cameron that he needs to do more to win his support for the campaign to keep Britain in the EU" After School of Fontainebleau.

Telegraph:

I assume the quote is Neville Chamberlain, but can't find a source.

Independent:

Times:

Mail:
Mac on... Pope John Paul II's alleged love affair

Mac on...Prince William's alleged EU backing

Do people still want Squires's Australian Sport cartoon? The latest is here.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Can political cartoonists lazily rip off Pokemon or Adventure Time next, something modern to make a change from lazily ripping off classical pieces.

Maybe have Angela Merkel as Goku throwing an energy ball with DEBT written on it, I don't know.

Are the people who buy newspapers really going to get all those sweet Adventure Time references? If you want a more modern reference, then hope for the return of Ed "Wallace" Miliband.

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on EU renegotiations – With reports emerging that David Cameron is struggling to win support among some European leaders, he also faces criticism from many back home"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

Mail:
Mac on...David Cameron's EU negotiations

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the Brussels summit – David Cameron manages to strike a deal after lengthy talks, with European council president Donald Tusk announcing unanimous support among EU leaders"

Independent:

After Magritte.

The i paper:

Pope Francis questions Donald Trump's Christianity

Times:

Stephen Collins:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"David Cameron's European fig leaf - Chris Riddell on the prime minister’s deal"

Sunday Telegraph:

UK 'better off' out of EU - Michael Gove

Independent on Sunday:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Boris Johnson's decision – London mayor says he will campaign to leave the EU after concluding that David Cameron’s deal will not deliver on what he promised"

Telegraph:

A Boris Bike (Although they're red now!)

Independent:

Times:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the reaction to Boris Johnson's EU stance – The pound tumbled to a seven-year low and the UK was warned its credit rating was at risk as the effect of Boris Johnson’s backing for the Brexit campaign was felt"

Telegraph:

After Hockney.

Independent:

Times:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the Tory row over the EU referendum – David Cameron has moved to calm his dramatic row with Boris Johnson over the EU referendum but faced fresh tensions with Eurosceptic ministers to stand down if he loses"

Telegraph:

Times:

Junior doctors set to hold more strikes

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Cameron's 'motherly advice' to Corbyn – David Cameron launched a highly personal attack on Jeremy Corbyn during PMQs by saying that his mother would expect the Labour leader to wear a proper suit, do up his tie and sing the national anthem"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

Mail:
Mac on... David Cameron's new EU campaign support team

Mac on...Brexit Majority of supermarket meat comes from animals fed on GM crops

Guardian Sport:

and as requested, Guardian Australian Sport:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the debate over Trident replacement – Jeremy Corbyn is planning to attend a march in London against nuclear weapons at the weekend, while Labour is embroiled in an internal debate about whether to drop support for a continuous at-sea nuclear deterrent"

Telegraph:

Jimmy Savile and the BBC: Dame Janet Smith report's key sections

Independent:

Times:

EU referendum: David Cameron 'could sack Michael Gove'; Flying Scotsman on London King's Cross to York run

Mail:
Mac on...the Savile report

'Amazing isn't it? I wasn't aware of this either.'

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the Brexit campaign – Michael Howard, who has joined the Brexit cause, has become one of the most senior Conservatives to reject David Cameron’s EU reform deal" After Jack Davis.

Telegraph:

George Osborne: EU exit "is deadly serious"

Independent:

After Dali.

The i paper:

Times:

After Eric Gill.

Stephen Collins:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Also, from the other Politoon thread:

Zetsubou-san posted:

hyde park's obelisk in Sydney: condom awareness campaign or david cameron cosplay?

http://i.imgur.com/jHvq54R.webm

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Boris's burning ambition - Chris Riddell on Brexit for big hitters"

Sunday Telegraph:

Independent on Sunday:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Iain Duncan Smith and the Brexit campaign – Guidelines have been issued to ban civil servants from preparing research for anti-EU cabinet ministers that could be used in the referendum campaign"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Wonderful Goves, everyone!

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on David Cameron and 'Project Fear' – David Cameron has styled himself the leader of ‘Project Fact’, dismissing claims that he is trying to scare voters into remaining in the EU"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Pesky Splinter posted:

And that's a wonderfully horrifying transformation into Blair;

Eep! Excellent work!

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the refugee crisis in Europe - Aid agencies and NGOs have said Europe’s ‘unconscionable’ response to the refugee crisis is courting humanitarian disaster" After Delacroix.

Telegraph:

Secret plan to axe 90 per cent of Tory associations which would smooth George Osborne's coronation as leader

Independent:

Times:

Mail:
Mac on... Cameron's EU scare tactics

"Y'know, Mum and Dad. Cameron can get things wrong. It's possible the world won't come to an end on June 23rd"

Guardian Sport:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on George Osborne and taxing higher earners – The chancellor has said the tax take from Britain’s highest earners has increased by £8bn despite his reduction in the top rate of income tax"

Telegraph:

Doctors urge schools to ban tackling in rugby

Times:

After Grant Wood and Munch.

Mail:
Mac on... Cameron's EU propaganda campaign

Guardian Australian Sport:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on David Cameron, Francois Hollande and Brexit – François Hollande has warned that Britain will face consequences if it votes to leave the EU, raising the prospect of refugee camps in Calais being relocated to the UK" After John and Yoko.

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

Mail:
Mac on... Scientists discovering the gene for grey hair

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Rupert Murdoch and Jerry Hall's wedding – Rupert Murdoch, the media magnate, and former model Jerry Hall tie the knot on Saturday at St Bride’s church on Fleet Street"

Telegraph:

Independent:

After Dore.

The i paper:

Facebook to pay millions of pounds more in UK tax After Hector.

Times:

Mail:
Mac on... Banning tackles in under-18s rugby

Stephen Collins:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Donald and Boris: fringe candidates no longer - Chris Riddell’s guide to the latest political style"

Sunday Telegraph:

EU referendum: Rolls-Royce warns its staff of Brexit risks

Independent on Sunday:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the resignation of the BCC boss – Boris Johnson condemned the British Chambers of Commerce after it suspended John Longworth, who then quit for suggesting the UK could have a brighter future outside the European Union" After WF Yeames (And Steve Bell!)

Telegraph:

Independent:

'We must break out of the EU jail': Boris Johnson urges Britain to leave Europe as he savages 'agents of project fear' who oppose Brexit

Times:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the EU and Turkey's refugee summit – Proposal to exchange Syrian refugees was debated at an emergency EU-Turkey summit in Brussels"

Telegraph:

Refugee crisis: Royal Navy ship dispatched to Aegean Sea to turn back migrants

Times:

Mail:
MAC on... Brexit and Big Brother

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Hinkley Point nuclear project – The project is in crisis this weekend after reports that the finance director of EDF, the company behind the scheme, resigned"

Telegraph:

Junior doctors strike: NHS braced for 48-hour strike

Independent:

Boris Johnson: EU referendum gag email was 'cock-up'; Maria Sharapova provisionally banned from tennis after revealing failed drugs test

Times:

Mail:
Mac on.... Maria Sharapova

'We're ruined! Maria Sharapova has been banned for four years!'

Guardian Sport:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Nick Clegg, the Queen and the EU referendum – Former Liberal Democrat leader Nick Clegg has dismissed as ‘nonsense’ a report the Queen vented to him about her anger with Brussels"

Telegraph:

Times:

Mail:
Mac on... The Queen and Brexit

Guardian Australian Sport:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on who told the Sun the Queen's view on Europe – The Sun editor, Tony Gallagher, is standing by the paper’s story that the Queen vented her anger about the EU during a lunch at Windsor Castle in 2011"

Independent:

Times:

Alf Garnett back as part of BBC sitcom revival

Mail:
Mac on... The Hatton Garden robbers' prison sentence

"Spot the difference between the bankers who dodged millions in tax and the elderly men who pulled off £14million Hatton Garden diamond heist - and were sentenced yesterday."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Barack Obama's remarks about David Cameron and Libya – The US president has suggested that political chaos in Libya was partly owing to the British prime minister being ‘distracted’ – with the White House subsequently attempting to head off a rift"

Telegraph:

Michael Gove to face questions over 'Queen Brexit' row as minister is implicated in leak; Kim Kardashian nude selfies: Liberation or degradation?

Crufts dog show.

Independent:

After Barraud.

Times:

Stephen Collins: