Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Bob did a comic that I don't despise with all my soul. What a unique experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Me agreeing with the Times cartoonist shocker.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

jabby posted:

Er, what happened to the Times? Two Tory bashing cartoons in a row?

Our Rupert must be dissatisfied.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Today I discovered that BoB used to do cartoons for the Morning Star. Y'know, the paper that used be owned by the Communist Party of Great Britain, & that still adheres to the line of the Communist Party of Britain.

Can't quite wrap my head around it.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Mr. Squishy posted:

It's a dying industry!

Always good to be reminded of some good news.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Mr. Squishy posted:

Yeah, it's gonna rule when we get all our news from Buzzfeed.

Buzzfeed? Sucker. I go directly to Twitter for my well considered views on current affairs.

(Seriously though, it was just a joke about how most politoons are bad. Though I certainly won't cry for the death of the press either because of how much harm has been done by them.)

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

gently caress off Mac you worthless oval office

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Parkingtigers posted:

This is only sorta relevant, but it made me howl like a loving drain so I'm sharing it here.

https://twitter.com/citizen_sane/status/862776555604463616

(You'll need to click through onto the images, but so worth it.)

https://twitter.com/ExcelPope/status/862779521434619904

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Mr Phillby posted:

I know I shouldn't be surprised at this point but that last Bob Cartoon is an amazing example of twisting anything at all into an incoherent anti-corbin statement. You can't scrap trident you fool, those nukes protect the NHS from cyber crimes!

Aside from anything else, it's not even Labour Party policy to not replace Trident. But BoB is literally the worst so of course he misrepresents that.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

This is perfect. Like the opposite of Mac!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Adams is such a mediocre cartoonist. Little wonder Gideon is so excited to be working with him.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Pilchenstein posted:

That last Rowson clearly touched a nerve :v:

Paul "oval office" Dacre's tears are beautiful and delicious.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Mac is such a disingenuous oval office.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Jesus wept, where did the Telegraph find that shite? Enver Hoxha? Really?

Between Bob & this Blower chancer, the Telegraph really does rival the Mail for the worst toons on a consistent basis.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Reminder that while Mac will probably die soon, Bob will be doing his terrible cartoons for 40 more years.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

cloudchamber posted:

Green shouldn't have been accessing content like that on a work computer, but the whole thing with the police leaking information from an almost decade old investigation is dubious as hell, and should rightfully be criticised.

Broadly speaking you are right and it all seems a but dodgy but on the other hand the people of this country need the government to collapse ASAP to get a competent and compassionate team in place at Downing Street yesterday.

May losing both her close ally Green and the idiot Brexit Minister Davis would be a huge blow. Especially as it'd mean Davis on the backbenches, being an obstructionist like other Brexit fanatics.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

We should keep Mac so that when the auld oval office finally kicks the bucket the rage he induces will be fresher so we can enjoy his demise more.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Matt is amazing, the closest we have to those terrible New Yorker cartoonists.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

That's meant to be Harry? gently caress off Mac, you're not just a poo poo old bigot, you can't draw either. Just retire or die.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

loving die already you lovely old dinosaur, mad you can't grab the arse of passing women half your age without consequences anymore. Pathetic.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/PaulThomas992/s...90%7Ctwterm%5E3

A comic from former Express man Paul Thomas. It's not very good, as you'd expect

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

MREBoy posted:

Kind of odd that "Stasi" was used, as that was the East German secret police guys. I'm a USAer so I have no idea if Corbyn has/had any E. German connections, or it could be Mac is stuck in time somewhere prior to Jan 1992.

I don't really understand how it happened but suddenly they've moved from the Czechs to the Stasi as the handlers of Corbyn. Despite the people in charge of the Stasi archive saying it's bollocks.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/mattzarb/status/967167729538097152?ref_src=twcamp%5Ecopy%7Ctwsrc%5Eandroid%7Ctwgr%5Ecopy%7Ctwcon%5E7090%7Ctwterm%5E3

OH, Jeremy Corbyn.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Matt is so boring and lovely and would barely warrant a salary of £15000 a year, never mind 650000. Grotesque.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

That line about Matt being undeniably funny makes me apoplectic but it also explains the absolutely loving dire nature of the Private Eye cartoons, which are abysmal.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Bob is so poo poo.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Gonzo McFee posted:

Imagine being the biggest waste of money spent on cartoons at a paper that pays Matt £650,000 a year.

I can't believe I didn't get into political cartoons. Neither artistic talent not wit are required. Such a bad choice by me.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I really love this. The best Matt.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Rarity posted:

That Matt is making me lose the will to live

And that's why he gets the big bucks. No other cartoonist has that power. Well, maybe Ben Garrison.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Blower sucks.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Gimmick Account posted:

I don't understand the Matt one.

Even considering his usual standards of 'acceptability'... what's the joke? Seriously, I don't get it.

It's very much "a thing happened". A beluga whale was spotted in the Thames a couple days ago & I think it might still be there. The "joke" is the idea the whale came so far from its normal waters to check up on the status of Chequers, which everyone knows is a shambles & basically a zombie.

It's poo poo and Matt is poo poo and gets paid £650k a year and I'm glad his art is being posted in this thread to make it harder to forget how much of a hack he is.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Dabir posted:

gently caress off, matt

Well, you should be earning at least £700k a year because that at least made me snort with laughter.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Parkingtigers posted:

I did a search for that Banx guy at the FT, and holy poo poo he really is copying Matt's phoned-in "two people exchanging a bland comment while walking" vibe.

https://twitter.com/FinancialTimes/status/971464309481107457

When you have to write White House on a placard because you can't think of any way to make one of the most well known buildings in the world identifiable without a tag, that's when you know you're a great cartoonist.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

What the gently caress is going on with Bob's Theresa May? There's grotesque and then there's that mess.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Technowolf posted:

Are Boy Scouts (or their equivalent) as super-religious as the ones here in the States?
I have vague memories of having some prayer or something when I was a Cub Scout (we're talking 25 years ago so my memory is faint) but considering our teacher in P5 and 6 made us do the Lord's prayer every morning it didn't seem off putting to this unbeliever.

But this decade they've formalised it to be fully open to non-believers.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Mac has hosed off!

Has BoB ever seen Jeremy Corbyn before? What the gently caress is that fat belly about? His caricatures are so poo poo.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

In a shocking development that surprises everyone, the Daily Mail brings in Steve Bell to replace Mac. That'd be fun.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Pilchenstein posted:

I feel like it's a bit early in 2019 to be shooting for "understatement of the year". :v:

It's a pity we won't see the return of Egg-mouth Clegg since the old, not-ginger bastard has "retired" from frontline politics. Was Thomas responsible for the Sheik of Wales? In my mind's eye it was drawn in his style.

Yes, he was definitely a Sheik of Wales guy. He's definitely less racist than Mac, although few people are more racist than that old fart.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

gently caress off Bob

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Bob, gently caress off you shitehawk.

Also, much as I normally enjoy Bell's work, his Bercow is plain terrible. Only know it's Bercow because of the dumb ceremonial robe.