Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Parkingtigers posted:

Sorry, I’ve been out of the loop and not keeping up with the thread, but when did Mac make a triumphant return to being the worst thing in cartoons? I thought he retired, but that’s new content right there.

He came back for the Mail on Sunday in December. His retirement just didn't give him enough chances to be a racist shithead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Parkingtigers posted:

I clicked the little ? under my name, and I'm kinda ashamed that 90% of my posts in this thread were about Mac. It's me, the person who knows he is bad but who just can't quit him.

I probably have a similar ratio of "gently caress Bob posts", it's normal

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Pilchenstein posted:

Somehow Paul Thomas cartoons are an order of magnitude more irritating since they switched to handwritten captions.

Was just thinking that and can't really explain why

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

"Team World" gently caress off Davey

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

learnincurve posted:

All the London journos wildly underestimating just how absolutely hated the eastern leg of HS2 was in the north by people who live here.

One northern person wildly overestimating how representative their village is.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Cloud Potato posted:

Are the Guardian and Times not tabloids nowadays?

Yes and no. They are tabloid sized but are still viewed as not tabloids for historical reasons. So it's called "compact".

But then Mail also traditionally in a different class to tabloids with the Express. It is all kinda meaningless.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

For Mac it never stopped being 1956

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

If he injects a kilo of heroin into his body he'd stop being bored imo

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

That is a really quite strange caricature of Angela Rayner

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

gently caress off Blower

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I identify as a loving hack, please pay me £650,000 a year

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

gently caress off Mac. If prison is so cozy why don't you go volunteer to piss off to one for the rest of your life?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I chuckled at that Matt. I guess I'm old now.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I knew he'd been broken mentally by COVID but holy poo poo my man has been taken over by the spirit of David Dees.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

pasaluki posted:

This one is absolutely mind blowing as an American. Like I assumed that most of those dudes were you know...like a WNBA situation in terms of representation.

The last player to come out was Justin Fashanu, who basically ended up hounded by the press (& managers like Brian Clough & by his own brother John Fashanu) until he killed himself so it's not a massive surprise nobody was overly eager to be the next to come out

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Gosh, Boris really shat all over centre court?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Is Blower trying to argue there's no One Nation & Tax Cutter candidates?

Because there's almost nothing but the latter?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

Did Morland forget Philip went first, does he envision heaven as some bland suburban sitting room, or is he saying Phillip's in purgatory/hell?

Or is that a different old couple?

MORLAND! That's what his signature says. Amazing.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Paladinus posted:

They do in the military.

Mac Defence Squad has logged on?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Second best political cartoonist of the year there with perhaps the single shittiest drawing of Prince Harry in our history.

Also, holy gently caress it's been 31 years, find some iconography for Russia that isn't hammers and sickles and red you unimaginative hack Davey

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Yeah, that's clearly the main character from 'Allo 'Allo, René

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I just noticed the English flag in Mac's toon and am impressed that white and red are both represented by the same shade of grey

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Wish political cartoonists would go on strike. Or at least Telegraph cartoonists.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Guavanaut posted:

It's better that they keep drawing worse and worse takes until they Bob themselves.

God I love that Bob is now stuck tweeting his toons because he's too much a loon for the newspaper of Swivel-Eyed Loons

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

gently caress off Seb Coe, gently caress off Mac

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

Even by the standards of Mac loving off, Mac can gently caress off

Oh, I dunno, he managed to avoid any racist caricatures of "native savages" with a bone through their septum and otherwise looking like Golliwogs, that feels like a step into the right direction for Mac

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Jesus Blower, at least look up a photo of Yousef, Dross and Sarwar, that's loving dreadful

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Mac apparently doesn't know what a miniskirt is???

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Boy, has Adams hit a tipping point with the NatCs conference that's on going?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Cloud Potato posted:

Guardian:

"Seamus Jennings: a bumpy ride for the Tories – The Conservatives have endured another bruising week, with fresh warnings of recession, criticism over migration numbers, and more Johnson hijinx"

When your caricature of Suella Braverman is so bad you need to put her initials on her shirt. And I'm assuming the one with a sign is Kemi Badenoch? Is that Jeremy Hunt next to her?

On the other hand the Therese Coffey is very good & I like the Wormbama stylings of that Rishi Sunak

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Why would anyone buy a print of that low effort Mac?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

goatface posted:

That's a lot of lazy ideas for one post.

Is that too long for a thread title?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Of course, the SNP, whose last 5 leaders have been a fat bald man, a skinny bald man, the fat bald man again, a woman and an Asian man, represented by a ginger. gently caress off Blower you lazy hack. How does this oval office still get work and Steve Bell is unemployable?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Zoom Rockman.

Isn't it clever?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Your best Political Cartoonist of 2023 ladies & gents, with the incisive analysis of "isn't Boris so hard done by?"

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/arusbridger/status/1734882601083580600?t=L-Y9jgst0683akb88R4UwQ&s=19

Thought it was funny that this was posted by Rusbridger, whose successor at the Graun is the one who effectively fired Bell.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

4 strings for Houthis, 3 strings for Hamas, 2 for strings for Hezbollah & a Palestinian Islamic Jihad in a pear tree

I've never noticed this Ella Baron before but she seems loving miserable at her job of political cartoonist. God Steve Bell would be turning in his grave if he'd died yet.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

lol of course Mac, of course.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Not sure I understand why Richard Osman & Brian Blessed are standing at the door with Priti Patel. Or why Osman is wearing a wig

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Someone push Blower into one of the many English rivers full of poo poo please