Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Cloud Potato posted:

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... Boris Johnson's Covid caution

Read Another (History) Book

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

"gently caress the police" - Paul loving Thomas, of all people

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Boris' hair was never that well-kempt.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

I think I just agreed with a Bob cartoon. What a world

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

I think he's going with "in the good old days there were no crimes and everyone behaved"

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Oh god i can't wait for the godawful memorial pablum

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Cloud Potato posted:

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... mourners

If mother has to die she wants to cause as many deaths of other people while she's at it. You're all coming down with me, sort of thing

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Every now and then I think about posting the political cartoons of Chris Cairns, cartoonist for reasonable blogger with reasonable concerns about sjws taking over the independence movement, wings over scotland

but usually i decide not to. as far as I can tell the actual newspapers in scotland don't post cartoons online so there are no local hot takes on the upcoming holyrood election from there. not even that godwaful photocollage guy the national used to print

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Cloud Potato posted:

This is great, feel free to post more. :yayclod:

the downside is it requires me to actually look at Wings Over Scotland from time to time. also they're not particularly frequent, but i'm sure he'll cobble together something salty when Alba get no seats this weekend

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Angepain posted:

but i'm sure he'll cobble together something salty when Alba get no seats this weekend

boy was i not wrong (though it's not from the usual Wings guy, he got a guest artist to show the proper level of bile)

e: remember this is from a website which supports independence

Angepain fucked around with this message at 12:01 on May 9, 2021

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

goatface posted:

Who is being gaslit in this analogy?

from my experiences of dickheads on the internet, I would assume she means TERFs who say trans women are not real women are being gaslit by Woke Gender Ideology that says they are. You may have a follow-up question of "wait does that really count as gaslighting", which would mean you have thought through this argument more than the TERFs have. they just like to use the term because it implies transgender people are abusing women.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

In the uk we honour your death by turning the most iconic element of your life's work into a weak jab at some random petty political bullshit of the day

Maybe better than in the US where you get a bad pun at the pearly gates regardless of your actual beliefs, I guess

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

I don't wanna talk to a scientist
Y'all motherfuckers advising caution in the face of a global pandemic based on analysis of probability and getting me pissed

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Feel like if rain could loving kill you then a slight chance would be good cause to avoid the places it could be. What's the current vaccination rate for Death Rain

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Dang they're really laying on the "wise Sunak being failed by stupid Boris" narrative pretty thick

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

One of those "drat, I wish this was true" cartoons where Starmer is both able and willing to slow down the pace of tory covid fuckery

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

the sex ghost posted:

Did BoB get sacked for saying the virus was made up or what

He is still tweeting unceasingly, my eyes glazed over after the hundredth harumph about masks or retweet of someone claiming the vaccine is death, so I can't be sure if he posted anything about his current employment status. There are some actual cartoons he keeps reposting, not sure how new all these are but they do say '21 at least:

https://mobile.twitter.com/bobscartoons/status/1415358598088208393

https://mobile.twitter.com/bobscartoons/status/1415035890821439489

https://mobile.twitter.com/bobscartoons/status/1411038149300588549
This seems to be him trying to be Chris Riddell but coming off a bit more Sinfest

https://mobile.twitter.com/bobscartoons/status/1410119429308964866

https://mobile.twitter.com/bobscartoons/status/1404003662402404357

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

is there more to this "pingdemic" thing than the fact that cases are rising and thus more people are getting infected? haven't really kept up with this

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Your average brit, along with being wrong about nearly everything else as well, still thinks Vehicle Excise Duty is still called Road Tax and is used to pay for roads, and is incredibly mad that cyclists are freeloading off the infrastructure hardworking motorists built with their own bare hands. So that tracks.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

She realises she's in a Paul Thomas cartoon and is screaming eternally, silently

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Here's a Ben Jennings cartoon which has annoyed a terf

https://twitter.com/MForstater/status/1443311549209251847

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Cloud Potato posted:

Sunday Times:

I do like the little game of spot all the referenced crisises in the background. Not quite as dense as rowson gets to but still Mildly Amusing, the highest honour a political cartoon can hope for

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

BoB has written an... "apology"

https://twitter.com/bobscartoons/status/1446193705610776576

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

The emotional whiplash seeing Blower go from stupid mean hate drawings to attempted deep emotional sentimentality is one thing, but those flowers look... competently drawn? Has he revealed that he actually can make drawings that look like anything when he actually bothers to put effort in?

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Paladinus posted:

BoJo the Clown is not an extremely original joke, but it adds a little something to an otherwise fairly drab cartoon, imo.

Yeah it's a better joke i think, at least by the standards of editorial cartooning. also more clearly critical of Boris, which I assume is why the editors got him to change it?

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Morland gets the coveted "gently caress off" today, well done. The problem with Patel is she's just too kind and pleasant on immigration, of course

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

When i think, second best uk political cartoonist, i think to myself, "yes, blower"

I assume it's just a "every newspaper cartoonist gets a turn" sort of thing, it would get boring just giving it to Rowson and Collins every year i guess

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

The worst possible take on levelling up, that it's bad not because it's a bunch of unfocused twaddle but because it threatens to pay attention to something other than london for any time at all

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

oh no not landlords, anyone but landlords

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Cloud Potato posted:

Independent:

how long did this man spend carefully detailing the anus, do you think

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Pilchenstein posted:

Saw some random fuckwit on twitter posting this and I guess bob is keeping busy lol

Oh, we can't possibly just post one unhinged Bob cartoon! Why he's not been posted for a while, let's see what he's been up to since getting canned for being too poo poo for the Telegraph.

Mostly he's been very mad about anyone claiming covid still exists and we might want to do anything at all about it:
yes that's jacinda adrern
honestly i'm not even sure what this means exactly. i am not aware of any health workers giving children cigarettes

:nws: for naked people: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FRgVxXeXMAEqekH?format=jpg&name=large :nws:
:nws: for tiny naked people but linked just to be safe: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FOeKV3yWYAk1NaE?format=jpg&name=4096x4096 :nws:

Partygate is bad, but only because it shows Boris was wrong about rules being neccesary for anyone ever:

Also sometimes posts some generic rear end happy family bullshit which is probably still about covid:

He's also Very Concerned about the war in Ukraine:
out of context of his other cartoons, this would seem reasonable, but...
he has repeatedly posted a zoom-in of the bit where Zelensky wears the lady clothes, he is very proud of that incisive gag

But he's mostly concerned about Ukraine because it distracts from the very real evil covid conspiracy:
I didn't know who this was but the batshit replies inform me it's Klaus Schwab, who wrote "The Great Reset"

He's weighed in on the trucker convoy:

He has turned against Elon Musk though, because he once tweeted nice things about the vaccine:

He's just generally mad about everything.

:nws: (visible bollocks also you can see some testicles): https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FOE4S-KXoAMGh9g?format=jpg&name=4096x4096 :nws:

Also as a bonus, have a cartoon that was somehow too transphobic for the Telegraph:
https://twitter.com/bobscartoons/status/1506733936071909378

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Pilchenstein posted:

I appreciate you looking this up but I'm also going to imagine the "bit of digging" you mention was turning the image I posted sideways and reading it :v:

i also managed to miss that most of the cartoons I got from digging through Bob's twitter were very easily available from the second link Discendo posted, so everyone's been a brilliant master of research today

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

i hope steve bell makes something utterly depraved with maximum spice and the guardian explodes

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Thanks, I hate it

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

the main known qualities of swinney are "bald", "wears glasses" and "is kind of boring", so I can see how they're having some trouble yeah. maybe he'll do precisely one interesting thing at some point and all the cartoons can be about that from then on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Two timely and Eurovision-relevant references to songs from 29 and 34 years ago, neither of which even from a participating country

and 55 years ago, though at least this song was actually on eurovision i guess