Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I would also second the "avoid london" part of visiting the UK. But then I've never been so I'm partisan. If you want something you won't see everywhere in the US then smaller towns built around a thousand years or so of historic buildings are what you want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Fearless posted:

I didn't ask because I didn't realize that was supposed to be an actual person. I'm not British, so I'm only passing familiar with UK politics.

Don't worry, we're not sure he's an actual person either.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

nobodyssweetheart posted:

Who's the geezer in the middle supposed to be? Surely not Mandy...

I think it's supposed to be John McDonnell.

http://www.labour.org.uk/people/detail/john-mcdonnell

Looks more like Ron Paul though, or possibly Alistair Darling.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

nobodyssweetheart posted:

I find it shocking that many of these people who looked undead in their prime are still kicking when major players Blair's weiner cabinet kicked off while still in/just out of office (of "cancer," sure).

Evil is a preservative? Are they sapping the life force of the children they're diddling?

Getting their exercise, obviously.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

George Osborne has an inordinate fondness for old SPADs as we know.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Cloud Potato posted:

Also, from the other Politoon thread:

I would pay money to see that done to nelson's column.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I don't even like sports but the guardian sport is really quite funny a lot of the time.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

David Icke made me chuckle.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Seriously why is the guardian sport author such a massive nerd? It's like some weird webcomic with football jokes thrown in.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Fans posted:

Aren't all cartoonists massive nerds? It's either that or weird as all hell which might be the same thing anyway.

But, like, especially the guardian sport, because it's a bunch of nerdy references with also some football in it. I shouldn't be so entertained by something I know next to nothing about.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Wait isn't that almost exactly the same as the one where the guy calls his wife about something from a room full of ladies?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I was thinking that the Cronus painting surely isn't that popular but.. apparently it is.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The guardian sport continues to be the nerdiest and best comic.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Nice picture of a BDSM unicorn and lion shagging there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

:vince:

J_RBG posted:

One for the ages:

I really can't read these without thinking "this is what happened to hipster hitler after the war"