Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
To be fair, the joke is wearing thin by now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Pilchenstein posted:

I'm wondering where that's meant to be in the second panel?

I got confused for a moment there, too, but apparently it does snow in the Middle East.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/middle-east-snow-winter-storms-hit-syria-israel-palestine-lebanon-turkey-1482376

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Guavanaut posted:

Not contributing to the overall sum of human suffering?

Shooting out lazy little swimmers? :confused:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
The ladies in the background are probably watching a silly cat video and gossip.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
It's okay. The lonely dad is also ugly.

Come to think of it, I can't remember Mac ever drawing a particularly handsome man.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

forkboy84 posted:

To the surprise of nobody, everyone in Mac's idea of heaven is white.

Because of all the PC policing he avoids drawing any black people not to be called racist again.

There's still one bearded man in a turban, though.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
A what player?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Pesky Splinter posted:

Before he can get to the Queen, first he must face...

This is absolutely amazing.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Today I looked into a mirror and saw a man filled with hate. His face was that of Donald Trump.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Chelsea Rools 💘 LV (卍) Glyn and Annette Down On The, With Fuzz. Go Home

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Tesseraction posted:

The bleeding boy seems a little like Cameron, but frankly who knows with political cartoonists. The fact he's bleeding suggests some reference, though.

The girl is also Cameron. And one of the people at the meeting, too.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
All aboard the meme2 boat.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Turns out Thomas just needed to retire to start drawing something worthwhile. Good on him.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
All children are provided with a comfortable cushion and placed in a distraction-free environment to concentrate on the test. Clearly.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

I've spent five minutes trying to decipher what the landmarks are supposed to spell. First I looked at the silhouettes, then at the negative space, but to no avail. Then I thought that maybe they are supposed to be a graph of Boris's approval rating, but it's not that either, clearly.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

OwlFancier posted:

Wait isn't that almost exactly the same as the one where the guy calls his wife about something from a room full of ladies?

I can remember at least three cartoons like that. Mac loves drawing pretty ladies.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

I identify as thane. Very convenient because it's the third option.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I like that Adams had to obscure all the options because he doesn't actually know anything about gender identity and couldn't be bothered to let a little fact-finding get in the way of an easy idea he could knock out before lunch.

You mean bi9h and vofity aren't real genders?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

nobodyssweetheart posted:

Mac hasn't ever seen an actual woman before, right? I mean an actual alive real human person walking around kind of woman, he drafts these characters based on hearsay and tales passed down through the generations.

Vat are yoo talking about, hon-hon? I would have ze sex wiz zat woman, oui.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I liked it. If not the message, the parody of a typical (American) political cartoon is spot on.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Alright, Mac.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Two hundred years ago they would have started doing cartoons about each other. Twitter has killed creativity in personal conflicts.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
The 30s racism is more interesting visually.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
It's okay because Trump says the bad thing. Like in real life!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Angepain posted:

Yes, those four completely comparable figures, Donald Trump, Marine Le Pen, Bashar loving Assad, and known fellow Communist of Putin Jeremy Corbyn.

e: oh god, guest spot from Pengest Munch guy, Squires I love you

Russia is still Communist right? Haven't checked on them in the last thirty years, but pretty sure heard from someone that Russia was bad, so it makes sense that they are still Communist. *nods and draws a Corbyn*

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Blood and piss.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Is this a reference to something?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
It's always nice to see when something unites all people regardless of their political affiliation. Even if it's just another Tony Blair's vain attempt at relevancy.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Lord of the Llamas posted:

gently caress off Mac.

The recent one was actually okay.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

TomViolence posted:

I can't help thinking newspaper cartoons are a rather bad medium for sincere expressions of sorrow in the first place. Or, well, national newspapers in general, to be honest.

Sure, but can I ask you about your 80,000 word Wallace and Gromit slash fiction?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
PUSH APE

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Cloud Potato posted:

Independent:

What is Boris Yeltsin doing there? And where is Davis?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Angepain posted:

Apparently according to the other thread people who actually know Russian are genuinely finding it challenging to read what that is supposed to say in English. for once my ignorance pays off

Can confirm. Took me a good minute to decipher.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Except the revolutionary flag was just solid red. This is clearly a Soviet flag, and depending on the position of the hammer and sickle, and the star, it's either Lenin's flag, Stalin's flag, or Krushchev's flag.

E: Actually, it looks like it's missing the star altogether. This is... a false flag.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

I Love Annie May posted:

Mac, dear lad,

what the gently caress is wrong with you?

His penis doesn't work anymore. Seems pretty obvious to me.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I'll be the first this time. gently caress off, Mac.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Daily Mail readers are being unjustly persecuted by the leftist cabal of, uhm, plastic melters.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

MREBoy posted:

Kind of odd that "Stasi" was used, as that was the East German secret police guys. I'm a USAer so I have no idea if Corbyn has/had any E. German connections, or it could be Mac is stuck in time somewhere prior to Jan 1992.

That is the joke, I reckon.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Cerebral Bore posted:

It recently got even more hilarious since the people in charge of the Statsi archives released a statement saying that a file on Corbyn actually doesn't exist.

Hm. Something they would have said if it existed, clearly. What other evidence do you need?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Lord of the Llamas posted:

I don't think the Stasi archives are run by the Stasi anymore...

Hm. Something they would want you to believe.