Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Pilchenstein posted:

God I wish Blower would try and unjam a lawnmower with his drawing hand, fuckin sick of his poo poo

Telegraph readers aren’t overly fond of it either. The boomer Tory readership are overwhelmingly pro-being unaffected by all of this provided the shops are open and well actually social distancing means the pubs aren't full of “yobs” so “normal people” can go in them now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Thanks for doing this Cloud Potato, it’s super appreciated :)

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Guavanaut posted:

Yes, let's chuck everything out and learn nothing Blower, you stupid fuckwit.

We can throw all the god drat street furniture and one way poo poo right in the skip and I’ll bring the matches to set it on fire.

Pushing a wheelchair has been an absolute nightmare through the whole pandemic. It’s ableist and ageist all wrapped up in one big health and safety nightmare.

Yeh let’s make all buildings one way in one way out but have wheelchair access through only one door which has now been barricaded by some fat wanker of a security guard who looks at you smirking.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Why is that the 1980s?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I keep posting this at the “well it can’t be that bad” gammons.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
At times like this I remember that piers Morgan hates Meghan and Harry because he was creepy stalking her when he had his show in America and kept inviting her on to it via her producers so she had no choice. Then he met her at a charity event and asked her out on a date, she freaked out and ran away from him and that was how she met Harry.

So when he says “we used to be friends” translate that to “#metoo”

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Don’t cartoonists work from home?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Why do they live in my grandparents house in the 1980s?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Literally yes.

It’s also a fundamental misunderstanding of the telegraph readers actually believe by the owners/editors, , which is that they believe that the scientists are right but that it should all be left up to personal choice - the anger from Tory little England is at Boris for being “weak”.

It’s daily mail readers who think sage make laws

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I don’t understand why Blower thinks the daily telegraph readership don’t understand how government majorities work? Did he get lost on his way to the daily Mail?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
What is blower trying to prove there? Everyone is wrong but me?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
It’s looking like every single person who attended Wembley got covid or got pinged. The app has always been stupid because it doesn’t recognise walls, people are just noticing it more because of the sheer volume of positive test cases.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Blower flat out believes the virus is a hoax now

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Jesus Christ they just can’t leave Fergie alone. Last thing we heard about her related to the royals was she didn’t get invited to a couple of weddings, Harry invited her to his and then didn’t know that Charles had deliberately not invited her to the reception.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Guns can’t go off while split in two like that and there is a brown beater - we know the queen genuinely employs no brown people.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Woman writes statement, Paul loses his mind

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Paul Thomas strengthening my hard held belief that Tories hate cyclists because they dispise the fact that it’s “free”, and anyone getting anything for free must be taking something away from them.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

crispix posted:

Blower just sits there drawing hateful cartoons of things that have caused some minor inconveniences to his life doesn't he

Has anyone ever seen two older people in the back seat of a car on a motorway?

What his frame of reference here, with the lack of lorries, is cars queueing for the ferry in Dover in the late 1980s, which is presumably the last time he left the cotswolds.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Guavanaut posted:

Seen about half a dozen "Taliban are big strong chads, West weak manlets" cartoons now.

Paul will be changing his name to Bulus ibn Tumas al-Barid by next week.

It’s a blatant excuse to draw all the incredibly racist stereotypes again, last time the right wing cartoons were let off the leash like this was 9/11.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Of course the XR people are shown as working class and not the posh.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
How to say how you’ve never been in a club without saying you’ve never been in a club by Paul

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
It’s important to note that Morgan used his influence to repeatedly get Meghan on his US chat show to promote Suits and then started making like they were actual friends to people.

Then there was a big charity ball she was at and he approached her and asked her out on a date, she turned him down, he got angry and she fled from a man who was now very clearly a creepy stalker into the next room where she met Prince Harry.

And here we are with Morgan and the gutter press acting like batshit insane stalker incels because a young woman turned down a creepy old man who felt he was entitled to own her because he was slightly famous.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Mail are *still* mocking the pet theft law?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
One of the main reasons for the first one is the second one btw.

Wards and wards full of old people who *rightly* can’t and won’t be sent back to their own home because social services can’t guarantee a basic standard of care if they go back and it’s on the person who discharges them if something happens to them, so they wait for months or even years in hospital before a nursing home place is found.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
It will effect all of their staff though

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Joining in this moment of cloud potato appreciation and love, really do appreciate the work you do here :)

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Once again Paul gets it wrong. XR are police, insulate Britain are a insulation firm.

Edit: also once again two people per car, van, and Lorry in a Paul cartoon which everyone knows is bollocks.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I like the part where Paul accidentally sent up a sign for Batman and Batgirl, and has given Batman a skills based competition.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

there is no such thing as a learning difficulty. There is however such a thing as severe Learning disability. I lost track of the stats but it's something like 75% of children who have died from covid have had a severe learning disability.

I know this because I'm a PA for young children and adults with severe learning disabilities, and he will 100% know this too.

in conclusion; gently caress off bob.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Blower wildly underestimating the average age of the Torygraph reader aww just like Bob.

Telegraph readers = triple locked old people who don’t want to die and are perfectly happy sitting inside all winter

Daily mail readers = Witherspoon day drinkers

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I have further enquiries about the quinoa market sign.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
That’s a fox skin stole my friends, and full moral credit due to anyone who didn’t know this.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
All the London journos wildly underestimating just how absolutely hated the eastern leg of HS2 was in the north by people who live here.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

forkboy84 posted:

One northern person wildly overestimating how representative their village is.

Village as in everyone who lives alongside the M1?

They were going to demolish hundreds and hundreds of poor people's council flats in Chesterfield, Sheffield and Leeds because the M1 is already there and there is nowhere else for it to go.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
what year is this?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Cloud Potato posted:

Thanks, however I think Discendo Vox got it in the other thread: https://artuk.org/discover/artworks/lord-john-augustus-hervey-17571796-171867

I have a tedious fact:

The abandoned church they used to film the weeping angels episode blink contains this man's tomb.

There was a wait a second, "isn't there a massive fund that was left by a family member to keep this church looking not like this?" moment and it's been restored.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
the landlords one is about fining people who haven't got houses up to the standards brought in 2010. It's been happening since 2010, although some landlords got extensions till 2017.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
oh no the upper middle classes

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Antiques roadshow is like old Top Gear and Doctor Who in that it makes the BBC a fortune via sales abroad, and would have a much higher production budget if they didn't have to subsidise newsreaders pay though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Eggs were Luxury items until the 1980s, it wasn't a "humble meal" it was using up the most expensive thing in the kitchen before lent Collins you dozy boomer twat.