Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

Cliff Racer posted:

I'm not sure I'd call climate change and Brexit good.

Is the trend of some artists to depicting the UK PM as a gross looking red thing a reference to anything other than ruddy cheeks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

Red Oktober posted:

The one on the right isn't meant to be Cameron, is he?

If so - loving hell, that's poor.

One of the things that I appreciate about this thread as opposed to the main one is the generally higher quality of the art-- in all its horrible glory. This cartoon looks, well, American.

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

nobodyssweetheart posted:

Strange how often people ask/complain why Cameron is a pink condom blob but no one minds Osborne is in a gimp mask, chains, swim fins, and pig tail.

I didn't ask because I didn't realize that was supposed to be an actual person. I'm not British, so I'm only passing familiar with UK politics.

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

tdrules posted:

rip big man

First Lemmy and then Bowie, it's been a rough couple of weeks. Especially since we're still left with that loving hack Bieber.

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

Cliff Racer posted:

I really do like slug Osborne.

The indignant fury and scrote-nose get me every time.

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

This latest batch is spectacularly vile.

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

Looking back over the last page I can say definitively:
I hate all caricatures of Boris regardless of how well-intentioned nd
love all caricatures of Gove Git Pixie no matter how poorly done.

Gove really is a nasty, ignorant poo poo isn't he?

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

Watch any of his appearances on Have I Got News for You (they're on YouTube) for his rise to "Nation's favorite lovable oaf."
Pay attention to the words, though, being lobbed at him that he mumblingly defers in a charming fashion. He's poo poo and he knows he is.

One of many: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObY4_HfhtyY

I'm of the camp that he really is that clueless and lazy (with an entitled egotistical core).
Christ, he let Gove manipulate him into joining Brexit. How dumb does he have to be?

Was he really manipulated into joining? I seem to recall that Boris has been opposed to the EU since he was a journalist.

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

I don't think he cared, really. He just wanted to oppose Cameron. Boris didn't really take positions on anything (except his mistresses - hey-o!).

Here, according to the Telegraph, Boris was waffling and over lunch is very dear pal The Gover and his wife convinced him:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/30/how-boris-johnson-was-brought-to-his-knees-by-the-cuckoo-nest-pl/

...And then HE STABBED BORIS IN THE... knees. (I'm going from cartoons that Michael Gove is two feet tall.)

Well, I had no idea about all that. Thank you.

I did, however, know that Gove was a right shithead and this solidifies that opinion.

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

Why is the gun tethered to the table?

The old Webley and Enfield revolvers carried by British and Empire officers during the Victorian period and world wars had a lanyard ring on the handle. This lanyard went around one's neck so the handgun wouldn't be lost if one's grip failed. It's similar in function to sword knots, which were originally to tether a sabre to an officer's or cavalry trooper's wrist.

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

PhancyPants posted:

So it was the original Wiimote strap.

Basically, yes.

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

I didn't like Pikmin much either

:golfclap:

Brilliant.

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

I may be misreading this, but I can't help but wonder if Boris's new job is a means of getting a potential challenger out of the way long enough that he embarrasses himself sufficiently that he is no longer a threat.

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

Guavanaut posted:

Eugenics isn't an explicitly bad thing in an of itself. Involuntary euthanasia of the genetically infirm is an extreme, but I don't see the problem with having a strong social taboo against having children with your first cousins for multiple generations until the chin gene completely disappears.

...or comes to form one's entire face, as happened to the Habsburgs.

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

goatface posted:

All his books label it as USSR.

Or the Russian Empire.

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

Mycroft Holmes posted:

"not even poles will gently caress my wife" - mac

It's Mac, so I'm sure he actually prefers the term "polacks."

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Highest paid BBC presenter. Threw up going too fast in a car on Top Gear.

I don't know why they pay him like they do. His voice is like nails on a chalkboard to me.

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

Uh, anyone else notice that Trump has six fingers in that Mac?

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

Gonzo McFee posted:

I can't tell if the cartoonist is doing fashion trends from 30 years ago as part of the joke or if he really thinks that's how the youth still dress.

I mean there's even a loving boombox

I'd like to think that he drew the Tories dressing up in what they think kids these days wear as a part of their appeal to youth.

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

How anyone can call Corbyn a dinosaur while Jacob Rees-Mogg still draws breath is beyond me.

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

goatface posted:

He probably doesn't believe in dinosaurs.

How could this be? The back benches of the Conservative parties of the UK and Canada demonstrate that they are alive and well!

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

Dabir posted:

what a waste of everyone's time Paul Thomas is

I appreciate Mac's ability to slice through decency and belch up the most reprehensible poo poo humanly possible. It was efficient to loathe his work, because he so regularly dredged up something freshly vile to piss off the literate reader.

Paul Thomas is but a pale shadow of that. Offensive in his relative inoffensiveness.

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

British political cartoonists really are getting a lot of mileage out of Trump's rear end lately, aren't they?

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

Rarity posted:

Jesus loving christ Jennings :gonk:

Mogg pubes were not things I ever expected or wanted to see.

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

J_RBG posted:

They look evil with those inhuman eyes, like they're children of the corn

It's from the Torygraph, so they're the children of the Cons.

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

I do enjoy all of those steaming hot takes from media types about royals moving to Canada, completely oblivious to why folks might want to escape the wretched environment those same media types helped to create.

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

Paul Thomas clearly doesn't know that Moose Milk is real and delicious.

E: It's a holiday drink served in Canadian military messes. The recipes vary somewhat depending on the mess/service, but it's basically an eggnog/rum/milkshake kinda deal.

Fearless fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Jan 23, 2020

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

Kaal posted:

I'm actually really curious how the Donald J. Trump Presidential Library is going to end up. I'm sure it'll be godawful, but in what way?

Instead of an eternal flame, his tomb will feature a urinal trough.

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

Thomas, proudly displaying his ignorance of science. gently caress off, Thomas.

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

Look at that silly gently caress Blower not knowing how a heat pump works.

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

Poor Blower has yet to realize that Macron has more of a career ahead of him than BoJo the Clown.

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

the sex ghost posted:

Love to wave my wooden rattle at the footer and also apparently poo poo right on the sofa

No, he shits on the arm chair, where most of the toilet paper is. He's not a savage.

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

gently caress off Mac

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

Feel like every time Blower pulls this poo poo, someone should confiscate another one of his vertebrae

You have to be pretty loving stupid to miss the point as spectacularly as he regularly does. I figure that kind of breathtaking, inspired idiocy has to be painful enough on its own; there's nothing we can do to him that could possibly be more painful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

Something is deeply wrong if the waterways of the UK are contaminated by sewage when the Tories are so full of poo poo.