Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
It's an obvious Monty Python reference, and the comic is based around both women and the working class always getting poo poo on, as far as I can tell -- not an endorsement of the idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Guavanaut posted:

(It's a Two Ronnies bit on Frost, not Python, but it does have John Cleese in it.)

Damnit, you're right!

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Is the guy on the left meant to be the guy they brought in to replace Jeremy Clarkson on Top Gear, or is it just a coincidence that he was a goofy-looking gently caress and the person in the cartoon is also a goofy-looking gently caress?

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

A good Mac?

That's odd. Donald Trump is truly turning the world upside down.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

That indy is good. It works on so many levels!

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Private Speech posted:

If anyone cares to be curious, the Torygraph's problem with Chelsea Garden Show this year was that it was too woke.

I'm going to regret asking this, I'm certain, but: how does a Garden Show become "too woke?" In what way can a garden be woke or unwoke? What on earth could "woke" possibly mean in the context of judging gardens?

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Cloud Potato posted:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on the UK’s out of touch prime minister – Britain’s problems are mounting and no amount of sage advice can disguise the fact that they are not being addressed"

I know this is supposed to be a tower or whatever, but I can't not see Rishi as a tiny, tiny man who swims in a cheap plastic ashtray.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

If it's anything like what they've done here, the new limit will extend only to roads where no one in their right mind was going faster than 20mph to start with. I have to admit I was concerned at first that it might affect roads on which it would actually be quite safe to go faster, only to find out in practice that it didn't even apply to residential roads with crosswalks and stuff where arguably it should've applied.

In practice, it's completely irrelevant anyway because there's no speed enforcement to speak of.

In conclusion: Matt, gently caress off and shut up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Marvelous, Blower, you oval office. "I've done Xi and Putin and Kim and Khamenei, let's jam a couple of indistinct Black guys in there."