Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Aardmania posted:

9 Chickweed Lane is a jumble of scribbles and words that occasionally form a coherent plot about a disgraced ballerina and a fiddler. Despite the name, no action actually takes place at 9 Chickweed Lane. The syndicate thought that changing the name to 45 Degree Dutch Angle Boulevard would be confusing to Brooke McEldowney's remaining reader.

I'm actually okay with those two comics. Not the whole storyline, just those two strips.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Paget Brewster for Heavenly Nostrils, but she comes up with her own unique voice for her.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Julet Esqu posted:

Sally Forth

Aww, kiddo. :smith:

Nooooo! I know you this wasn't shown as canon but you two were supposed to live happily ever after! We just never saw Jon in your flash forwards because reasons.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Ardeem posted:

While Paint it Black is a pretty good song, it's not exactly danceable.

I'd like to see an edit where she's dancing to other undanceable songs like Maxwell's Silver Hammer, Your Cheatin' Heart, No Caroline, etc.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

SynthOrange posted:

Also when she was young, it was the 1920s.

So she'd be dancing to this then?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smWyKu1q0Cc

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Aardmania, Darthemend. I don't know why but for some reason your images keep coming up as broken image file icons.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Darthemed posted:

Which day of my posts is the last one with functioning images?

January 15th. I use google chrome with the SA extension. I used to run the SA images extension on scriptmonkey too but it was causing problems of its own.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Wanamingo posted:

Arlo and Janis

Is this supposed to be a sex joke or a winter joke or something else?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Ensign_Ricky posted:

All those images are showing as broken for me in Chrome, don't know about anyone else.

edit: VV No offense taken. They seem to be working fine in the iOS app, but not in Chrome. That's weird, usually it's the other way around for me.

Try right clicking the image and clicking open image in new tab. As I understand it the images are hosted in an HTTP coded site but the forums are in HTTPS. Chrome is fine with a site being HTTP or HTTPS but not both. Something to do with security. I don't know, it bugs me too though.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

I'd like to think this is the start of a comic-strip noir where something horrible happens to Nancy and the bear has to figure it out. But he's stuck to staying wherever people carry him. So he logically teases out what happened and so on, but he can't tell anyone what happened because he's just a stuffed animal.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

I don't get it.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Two days late but...

Darthemed posted:

Read around the head.

I am. The sentence reads "Ision Was Supreme Had Deemed Viet Nam Vet" which doesn't make sense to me.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Julet Esqu posted:

Sally Forth

Oh Hil. You don't want to go Alternate Universe. You want to go Expanded Universe. That lets you build on your core canon in a quasi-canonical way while also giving you an out to ditch the EU continuity at a later date

Trilobite posted:

Basically, none of those assholes had any reason to fly back to the loving midwest to watch an old movie serial together, let alone go on a quest to find the star of that serial and offer him a job that they have absolutely no ability to give him.

Hey, Baituck understands the interwebs. If you can kickstart a movie theater you can kickstart a movie, and if you can kickstart a movie you can decide how it's cast even if someone else owns the IP.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Wait, 9CL gay guy 1 dropped out of the paper after becoming straight for a woman? Did she exist just to make gay guy 1 straight?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I've liked HLTS as a solid blend of comedy and good-will in a sea of Nancy and 9CL and homicidal-yet-also-dull old women from the 1900s comics. Is there anything we can do to show the author of the comic some appreciation?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Is HLTS available in book form?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I thought 9cl blond and 9cl jewish looking guy were cohabitating already. And why does she want him out again?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Do they want their son to die?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I can't stand the pens storyline. "Oh no, the pens I bought are held up. I could be rational and pay the art store to get some air-mailed but instead I'll plot an act of piracy!"

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

My Lovely Horse posted:

Time to write Sally Forth slashfic and see if Marciuliano puts his money where his mouth is.

I don't follow this train of thought.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Batman (1966) was fun.

Commissioner Gordon: It could be any one of them... But which one? Which ones?
Batman: Pretty *fishy* what happened to me on that ladder...
Commissioner Gordon: You mean where there's a fish there could be a Penguin?
Robin: But wait! It happened at sea... Sea. C for Catwoman!
Batman: Yet, an exploding shark *was* pulling my leg...
Commissioner Gordon: The Joker!
Chief O'Hara: All adds up to a sinister riddle... Riddle-R. Riddler!
Commissioner Gordon: A thought strikes me... So dreadful I scarcely dare give it utterance...
Batman: The four of them... Their forces combined...
Robin: Holy nightmare!

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Strontium posted:

Intelligent Life

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

Why would it take that long to redo a bathroom? Its make the bathroom unusable right?

Like, my dad took that long to tile a floor but he literally would place some tiles down and then abandon the project for weeks at a time.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

He's begging for "gently caress you" edits isn't he?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

CaptainCaveman posted:

Wow. Even aside from the comic just being "hey, muppets", is that Camilla's head on a plate?

Oh gently caress YOU Gilchrist!

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I know it's inspector danger, but there are obvious ways he could have made that strip of blue look like a wheel track in the dirt. Like put a pattern on the wheel of the unicycle and also put it on the strip of dirt. And making the strip of dirt a similar shade to the dirt around it but maybe darker or lighter?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Wait, so Everett went to a fancy restaurant that served french food and got mad at the waiter listing the french names of the french dishes? Is there even an English word for pate?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Did I miss a 9CL? Because the way I'm reading this yesterday the guy stormed off after being humiliated. Then a day later they're ending a phone conversation and she's about to destroy her phone because her boyfriend is mad about being constantly humiliated by her.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
It feels as if Tiggum just made up Frog Applesauce rather than it being an actual comic. I mean, yeah, its a real thing, but it feels like a prank on us.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Aardmania posted:

Judge Parker

This guy almost looks like Dr. Venture.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Strontium posted:

Intelligent Life

Is Coach Z so desperate for work that he's making a cameo?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Well Manicured Man posted:

Everett True is a friend to all children, just one of the many ways in which he resembles Gamera.

God I hope they release the Gamera rifftrax live some day.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Tiggum posted:

What sort of food dye is that? :stare:

The food dye is one of several heritage bottles of food dye that was left to her by her mother who got them from a dumpster. The color was discontinued because it was a carcinogen. An "if those brats want green frosting so much I'll give them their damned green frosting" sort of thing.

There's no proof of this of course. But I'd imagine Ellie's mom hated her as much as Ellie hates her kids.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Wait, she custom designed a bathroom stall with a shower for a non-charter regular servicr plane? How does that work. How does that even work?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Tiggum posted:

Too easy. Obviously the real Alfie could never figure that out. Although, since Dick apparently knew from panel one, you've got to wonder why he just left Alfie to stew all day.

Especially if Dick knew that Not-Alfie was just itching for the chance to kill him. I bet the reason why Dick can't keep Not-Alfie in jail is because he's on parole. Cops can't touch you if you're on parole.

I learned that from a 90's movie where neo-nazis and pedophiles get together after a child kidnapping to murder cops so I'm pretty much an expert on crime now. You may as well call me Inspector Now!

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Is the latest pibgorn real or an edit?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I thought we weren't doing safe haven anymore. It looks like its in the middle of a storyline. What'd we miss?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
How old is Jam Esallen? 65? 70?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
9CL is a comic about people who want to gently caress supernatural and/or robotic beings with rape, torture, and body horror thrown in for good measure. It's like erotic horror done by someone who isn't capable of writing erotica or horror.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Pastis needs to embrace his desire to make puns even if they mean he only fills three panels. Groans never stopped Andy Zaltman's pun runs. This one lasted about five minutes... three and a half minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4b0MewQeNjQ

RandomPauI fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Nov 17, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I know that is supposed to be a 747 because of the bumpy thing where the cockpit and first class would be. And that it's a -400 because of the winglets. But the wings and engine really look off. Like "what's a reference photo?" off. There's other stuff, those top and bottom lines should be running parallel for most of the body of the fuselage. And why would you make the very end of the plane look like a thimble?

I can imagine him drawing that in one go and thinking.

"It's true, I DO have a superior recall for all things aeronautic. It's by virtue of my trans-continental journeys to sample cosmopolitan life across the globe. I was and remain praised for my talented hand for I am blessed by the goddesses Brigid and Athena!

Hmm, I missed an opportunity to make the fore and aft look more like glans. Next time, Brooke. Next time."

RandomPauI fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Nov 17, 2016

• Locked thread