Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

EasyEW posted:

Mopey Pete's Silver Age Daydream turns out to be an extended teaser for another fake comic book cover Sunday strip.

Uh, Batiuk, you should know that in those days especially comic art was never redone because that was expensive and wasteful on their deadlines. I could understand the wonkiness on Hollywood details during that arc, but come on, this is your realm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

It was only by the grace of page loading times that I found out in the respectable New Zealand thread rather than Star Citizen.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

EasyEW posted:

Thimble Theater calls in the pros. (July 31, 1929)

¡PLOP!

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Nenonen posted:

Do others have a problem with xomf hosted images? They absolutely refuse to load for me.
They don't work if I'm reading the thread on my ipad Awful, but they work through a browser.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Julet Esqu posted:

Neither did Namor.
Namor is only half Atlantean and, furthermore, is also a mutant half-Atlantean
:goonsay:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Indolent Bastard posted:

Intelligent Life

Good guy Barry teaching the incurable goon basic human interaction and status establishment.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Uh, Fanny is a perfectly respectable name for a young woman, thank you.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Menace no more :smith:

Roland Jones posted:

Bernice and Gunther are both awful.

Also, I like (for a certain definition of "like") how every Spider-Man strip for a while now has had Spider-Man thinking in the last panel how he's going to attack Namor after something that otherwise does not include or have anything to do with him at all. It's like they have to go "Spider-Man's still here! He's doing a thing! He's important!" even as the plot seems like it's going to resolve itself without him so his primary accomplishment is getting beat up long enough for the important people to arrive.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

"A dose of Rex Morgan" sounds awfully dirty.
Nightmare children face.

Did you birth Leto II? Jesus.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Evil Mastermind posted:

I am honestly amazed that Gilchrist didn't have Sluggo's hat popping off and a sightline so we can see he's looking at Nancy.
But that would result in a significantly better comic strip so why are you?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Voltin Bolt posted:

Okay, I know Mark Trail is all about the disproportionately huge animals, but holy poo poo that pseudoscorpion!

For reference, this is how big they actually are (~2-8 mm):

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I can't believe Charlie Brown is bad at baseball.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

F Minus is so consistently good.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Hah! An obvious falsehood Ripleys, given that ferrets aren't rodents.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

For some reason I find the idea of Mandrake just sitting poolside catching up with the news on his tablet funny just in itself.

But on top of that he's laughing to himself about how notably fat his friend is.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Aardmania posted:

Pibgorn Wahoo Terminal

I usually don't post these, but if you were looking for another reason to hate 'Rose is Rose', here it is.
It's so Brookian that the lesson he learnt was to use a bunch of camera angles rather than to stop writing and drawing characters walking through space sprouting speech bubbles.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Aardmania posted:

Dick Tracy

:bahgawd: BAH GAWD, it's a slobberknocker!! The man has a family for GAWD's sake!
Do not leave Jerry loving Lawler alone with your daughter jesus christ what are you thinking.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Written For a Modern Audiencebean

Evil Mastermind posted:

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix prepares for this year's big summer blockbuster.

gently caress you, rabbits own. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MHUlVIJy94 :colbert:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

These loss edits are getting more abstract.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Aardmania posted:

Heaven's Love Thrift Shop
Owns.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Wanamingo posted:

Inspector Danger
I love that my reason of the first suspect because the curtain is missing and he could've used it to drag the body out to his car for dumping was correct but only in the sense that it's because apparently gunshots simultaneously possess enough force to splatter blood in a very narrow beam behind the victim onto a sole fabric item but too little force to damage the glass window it hangs in front of.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Woptendo posted:

I was just thinking about sharing Compu-Toon with a co-worker and a google search to see if it was still running came up with this blog post making fun of a strip from June 22nd 2014:

https://nebushumor.wordpress.com/2014/06/23/math-comics-and-a-non-baffling-compu-toon/

The strip in question:

Is it possible that Boyce was taking a dig at SA here? I searched the megathread it was originally posted in for reactions, but it seems this went under our radar.

Is our boy Boyce aware of his goon following or is this just wishful thinking here? Maybe that isn't a grenade but like a computer mouse or something?
lol what.

that is a mouse.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I'm not saying Jerry Lawler raped a girl and used his reputation to shield himself from conviction, I'm just saying Jesse Ventura is a significantly better heel commentator.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Julet Esqu posted:

Kids today! They're so nutty they don't know if they're boys or girls or what! A boy just wakes up in the morning and decides he wants to be a girl and these crazy mixed up kids think that's normal! :roflolmao:

Then presumably she has a new name. Why did you write her old name on the list? As a member of the LGBTQ community yourself, you should know better.
Also the suggestion that her gender identity didn't 'count' until the dick came off.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Strontium posted:

And now, this week's Fort Knox

I'm a big fan of the eye-wobbling punchlines.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Yeah, I'll need some evidence of this please.
"keep you with the women"

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Wanamingo posted:

Arlo and Janis
Jelly is made with gelatin :ms:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Cholmondeley posted:

He's going to do a loving "When Doves Cry" tribute, and we all know it.
This is what it looks like when boobs cry.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Julet Esqu posted:

UUUAAAAGGGGHHHH TIFF IS SUCH A BITCH :supaburn:

Whatever. "Wanna ask me about my trip?" Who even asks that?
You know who asks a thing like that? A bitch.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Gloomy Rube posted:

You've never lived in a small, rural town, have you? Cabs and subway systems are things of myth to people who live in 15,000 or less pop. rural towns. I'd probably be telling my friends if I rode a subway or hired a cab for the first time :v:
I don't even live in a small or rural town but when I got back from a few days in New York people acted like I'd missed out on a quintessential tourist destination by choosing to walk around the city rather than take the subway.

Ghostlight fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Apr 30, 2016

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Selachian posted:

Wait a moment. Wasn't there a strip where Everett dealt with a neighbor who complained about him cutting his lawn too early in the morning? My gosh, Everett True is a hypocrite!

Slammy posted:

Outbusts of Everett True

It was more that his neighbour is actually a filthy lay-about who only considers himself.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

As you mentioned, King Arthur - and therefore Val - have already fought the Anglo-Saxons. They are back on the mainland until they're needed for another story arc.

Also note that while the Anglo-Saxons didn't establish themselves in England until the mid-5th century, they had been raiding it since before the collapse of the Roman colonies.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Good job giving those rabbits raging diarrhea, you saccharine sack of sugar.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Bong is actually just past six in the evening.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

If it's not another stupid scheme to get his girlfriend back from the dead or piss in Strange's cheerios for interfering with getting his girlfriend back from the dead then it's not Xandu.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Tunicate posted:

There was a tradition to hide a sixpence in a christmas pudding as a gift for a kid. Some dumb kids swallowed the money and now the doctor is keeping the cash he removes when he pumps their stomachs.
My family still puts sixpences in the christmas pudding. We used to use threepences as well but we ran out over the years.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

This reads like an adult trying to convey some last minute guidance before they die from cancer to a 7 year old impatient to go play with their friends.

Moon Slayer posted:

Hey, let's have some more Sally Forth as reinterpreted by 10-year-old Taiwanese girls!

This kid is a natural. Like, I think this strip is the best one I've read this year in the thread.

Do you know how one plays "Human and Ghost"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Crankshaft takes place twenty years earlier than Funky Winkerbean but they are both set in the current year.

• Locked thread