Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

My Lovely Horse posted:

This is gonna be one of those reader vote things, isn't it?

Nah this is Intelligent Life. The lady will just name it random nerd thing. Which will be funny because nerd reference.

Then family guy rip off guy will my googlly eyes at her because she made a nerd reference and she's female. and then the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Tiggum posted:

Piro's just this guy who appears in the background sometimes and has barely said or done anything.

Which for now by default makes him the best character.

At least until Mafia business man guy starts taking out hits on all the main cast.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Aardmania posted:

Heaven's Love Thrift Shop

Good to see a comic that isn't afraid to explore man's in humanity to man, in-depth. :3:

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

EasyEW posted:

Crankshaft

It's crankshaft. She's right to be worried, if the cops catch her she'll be given the chair.

Also there's like a 95% chance she'll get in a horrendous car accident before that because of how slow she's driving. Comas for all!

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Julet Esqu posted:

Sally Forth

I AGREE, CES.

Uh... Colorist? Why did Ted switch to salad in the last panel?

Little know fact: Muffins are actually salad cleverly woven together into a more pleasing shape/colour, to trick people into eating healthy food. By breaking a muffin into its constituent parts Ted is exposing the truth to the world!

Also I like how they managed to gently caress up the continuity on the Muffin/salad which is both important to the plot and pretty front and center, but still got the colouring continuity on the books spot on between the first and third frame, even though they're a minor background thing basically no ones ever going to notice.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Bird really has the ""I just took down a bi-plan, do NOT gently caress with me" look down pat.

Good for it.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

MariusLecter posted:

Prince is dead.

Not Prince valiant. The musician.

At least according to the the guardian. They didn't mention valiant's current mortality status...

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Tiggum posted:

History sounded more likely to me. Why would a science class be covering the four classical elements?

Some school don't have the budget to get the absolute newest edition science text books!

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

SomeMathGuy posted:

Mark Trail

"The whole place is coming down! You can tell because a single pebble is also falling in my vicinity!"

Fun fact: Gypsum weighs 1602 kilograms per cubic meter!

Either Mark Trail is a cyborg or his pelvis is currently shattered into dust sized pieces. I'm sort of hoping the former.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Tunicate posted:

That's like a fifth the weight of steel

As soon as the weight of an object falling directly on your torso can be measured in tons it really doesn't matter if its three or fifteen, your 100% proper hosed either way.

Your little animal friends won't help you out of this fine pickle Mr Trail!

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

EasyEW posted:

Funky Winkerbean

I wonder how they got John Landis to direct.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

I guess it's OK, if your boyfriend's a tauntaun or suchlike.

Violence against tauntaun is never cool. Also dating them if you yourself are not a tauntaun.

Such much needless tauntaun abuse in such a short post. :(

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Green Intern posted:

I can't believe Mark Trail is going to end with a week of drowning in an improbably-lit underwater tunnel.

Hey, as long as they can all hold the breath for a couple of days, they'll probably be fine!

At least they won't die of dehydration along the way.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

My Lovely Horse posted:

I'd have guessed spittoon, but the comic's a few decades late for those to still be so ubiquitious.

I'm going with chamber pot. One can never be to efficient at work.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Why do the good comics all seem to die so young. :(

HLTS you shall be missed!!!

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Slammy posted:

Feiffer (click for big)

Lindsay was elected Mayor of New York in this election and was by most accounts terrible. It probably didn't help Nixon get in though, but he was terrible.

When Beame was later elected Mayor of New York he was by most accounts considered all right.

The passage of time has shown her Liberal friends to of been most likely misguided in their reasoning but over all correct in choice!

Like most Feiffer, still great.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

SomeMathGuy posted:

Mark Trail

Pearls Before Swine

Morbidly curious what each would look like if Mark Trail and Pearls before swine switched artists for a week.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Nenonen posted:

What happened between the first and second panels?

Blondie divorced his wife and has started a relationship with the mailman. He's running as he's still living with his ex-wife while she finds another place, but it's really, really awkward when all three of them are in the same place together. Originally this was a 32 panel strip but unfortunately it was cut down to the usually three in editing. The cartoonist said he's hoping to get the original directors cut of it published next year.

The "E-ew" is a moan of passion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

ZeeToo posted:

Blondie is the blonde woman.

I find your story suspect. :colbert:

er... he also changed his name around the same time. It was a very epic arc. Also yet another reason he desperately wants his ex to move out. Having two people in a house with the same name gets very confusing!

• Locked thread