Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

EasyEW posted:

Funky Winkerbean

This is a weird argument since obviously Mad Max: Fury Road was movie of the year.

Julet Esqu posted:

The Amazing Spider-Man

So is the solution to this crisis going to be "maybe Atlantis should have some doctors"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Wanamingo posted:

Nancy

Ahh, so that's why the dog is always eating out of the trash.
You missed 34, not counting the National Championship Game, including two of the contract bowls.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Julet Esqu posted:

Sally Forth

My university restarted like the first week of January. Finals were generally done before May, though, so that was nice.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

EasyEW posted:

Funky Winkerbean

Oh hell naw, stay the hell away from my city. I don't need cancer.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Johnny Walker posted:

F Minus

Amazon's Minority Report
They're working on this, actually. Like, it's not even a joke. They were issued a patent for it two years ago.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

You'd think people called "pluggers" would understand plugging color-coded plugs into color-coded receptacles.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

It's too bad Weekday Spider-Man Colorist didn't get the memo that Atlanteans are blue.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Ghostlight posted:

Namor is only half Atlantean and, furthermore, is also a mutant half-Atlantean
:goonsay:

Namor's mutation is his ankle wings though!

But yes, I came to say that Namor is only half-Atlantean.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Republican Vampire posted:

Doesn't DC comics work the same way?

No, DC just reboots every other year or so, so they're always running in now. You're thinking of Marvel where their continuity is consistent going back to the 60s, but that's just 10-15 years ago. (Stuff that happened in 40s Marvel comics happened in 40s Marvel history.)

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Julet Esqu posted:

Sally Forth

I probably thought this strip started in the 90's because Sally is a very 90's kind of woman. She's a level-headed straight-talking responsible 90's lady having a job and raising a kid and being respected by a husband and getting poo poo done!

Also Nona is a time traveler or maybe she just has Benjamin Button disease.
It started in the 80s, but modern Sally Forth is certainly more informed by Ces than the original Greg Howard stuff.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Well, that's my local paper, so I guess I can't add anything to this.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Mister Kingdom posted:

Well, I was not expecting this.
:(

Breaking up with someone you care about knowing it's the right thing is hard as hell.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Aardmania posted:

Pibgorn Wahoo Terminal

Why is Wahoo Terminal so much better than 9CL and Pibgorn?

It's wordy, but I enjoyed the joke.

(Maybe because it's a joke-a-day thing instead of trying to tell stories.)

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Julet Esqu posted:

Sally Forth

I hope Ted doesn't figure out that his brother lives in the Funkyverse.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Someone saw that Superbowl commercial, I guess.

quote:

Dilbert

The gently caress is this art? Oh, apparently Adams is away working on a movie. For a month. So we get a month of this weirdness, four different people, one each week.
I honestly thought you drew it.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Andorra posted:

I remember Club Life, but I don't mind the repeats. It's been a few years.

I'd never read Moomin until these threads, so thanks for introducing it to me. Same to the people who post other good old comics like King Aroo and Gay and Her Gang.

I think Moomin and the Martians was posted, too. But, similarly, I'm fine with repeats.

I would like to see Moominvalley Turns Jungle, though.

Is Leslie someone we're supposed to know?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Really Pants posted:

One time a girl was using the men's restroom on account of the ladies' being out of order, and Les tried to go in anyway that monstrous son of a loving fucker

Ohhhhhh that guy.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I want to believe that Mr. Gray is pulling all the stings here. He decided Luann was distracting Quill and called in a favor to get him a spring break job that would lead to them breaking up. Meanwhile, Prudence begged him for a job, which he said he would, but she would owe him a favor. It's all coming together for Mr. Gray.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I think John Glynn missed the memo that Scott Adams wanted him to use NEW characters in his Dilbert fill-ins.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Aardmania posted:

9 Chickweed Lane

Brooke's readers have the same anger against 20/20 vision after reading his comics.
The good news is he already knows how to take care of sharks.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I wish Rose is Rose still had those weird feeder/fat fetish strips.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I refuse to believe that Edda regards someone maintaining chastity as lucky. That's *never* been her character.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Chimeric posted:

That's an interesting semicolon.

It's a cursive semicolon DUH

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Wanamingo posted:

I didn't even realize that was a new comic. I thought it was still 9cl and Aardmania was just calling it Wahoo Terminal as a thread in-joke, like we do with foob.

Technically it is Pibgorn and it's not really new as he is redrawing (and apparently occasionally tweaking) his pre-9CL strip.

It's...not bad, honestly.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I still want to know what the hell kind of dorm Tiffany lives in where she has space for a couch. There's never been any indication at all of having a roommate, and at least at my college, single dorms could barely hold a single bed and a tiny desk and chair.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

I don't know how common it is but at least where I go to university instead of dorms they have "residence halls," which assign three people to a suite with a common area big enough for a couch, minifridge, and I think we were able to fit a TV in there too, a shared bathroom, and 3 individual bedrooms of the "could barely hold a single bed and a tiny desk and chair" variety. It could be something like that.

Maybe. Still seems weird that there's never been any indication of anyone else living there to the point that she's putting pictures of herself on the wall (because she's vain and mean!).

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

fondue posted:

This was completely possible in my dorms in college back in '88 if you didn't have a roommate. Which in fact is exactly what I did; one couch/bed I shoved into one of the closets and used the second dresser to hold it in there. The bed's both could be shoved partially under wall shelving and act as a couch during the day.
Geez, my university's dorms were so in-demand that incoming freshman had to apply for a dorm (complete with fee) before actually being accepted, and current students had to enter a lottery. They even converted a number of doubles into "temporary" triples. Standard double dorms with only a single occupant didn't exist except in the rare cases where one of the occupants left after the start of the semester.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Explains why so many die. "I gotta go to cardio- cradio-. You know what, I feel fine."

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Shugojin posted:

My mom was abused but was a very good mom :3:

Seriously her dad gave out hypodermic injections of hot water as punishments he was Seriously hosed Up

WHAT THE gently caress

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Man, I saw Lawler wrestle at a local show a few weeks ago and he didn't even do a piledriver. I thought that was the whole reason you brought him in!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I really assumed that having a subway ride to then catch a cab was to have some "OH WOW WE'RE UNDERGROUND ON A TRAIN!!!" bit of plot but I guess the Evanses have just never been to New York! (Taking Metro and then catching a cab is totally a thing people do in DC.)

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

That's how I was taught, though we weren't taught to write in the zeroes. And that would be pushing three decades ago at this point.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Julet Esqu posted:

Luann

OH NO, LUANN, YOU, A YOUNG ADULT, CANNOT PARTAKE OF THE DEMON DRINK. REMEMBER WHAT HAPPENED THAT TIME GUNTHER DRANK A BEER????????? HE IS STILL PAINSTAKINGLY MAINTAINING THAT lovely BEARD.
Reminder that Pru got Luann on a list for a club she wasn't actually old enough to be in. What did Pru think would happen there? (Nothing. Because Pre-NY Luann was boring, unlike Post-NY Crazy Luann!)

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Oh god Hil's right! She is getting phased out!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Aardmania posted:

9 Chickweed Lane

I know it's too much to ask that they get actual tattoos before this is over.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

This is like 30 seconds in Photoshop away from perfect.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I can assure you a smartphone has way more than 10 times the computing power of a 70s(?)-era microcomputer.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Republican Vampire posted:

Wasn't that Beer's original purpose? I read somewhere that it originated as what amounts to a safe, drinkable bread.
Nah, like all alcohols it was intended to make you feel good. That the process of making beer necessitates a level of cleanliness above drinking river water just meant it was safer.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Come on Crankshaft, surely you have a black trucker cap you can wear to the many funerals I'm sure you have to go to between both being old and living in the Funkyverse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Talking about fictional bums in 9CL seems a bit on the nose

• Locked thread