Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
drat, that's a fine catte.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Wanamingo posted:

She has a storage hutch that's exclusively for potatoes?

What kind of weirdo upbringing did you have that you've never seen a Tater box before?

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Parahexavoctal posted:

I don't get it. What was the original strip?

Wait, his cousin calls him uncle? Is this one of those "I'm My Own Grandpa" things?

He does specify that this is his stupid cousin.
[/quote]

There looks to be a sizable age difference between them, so yeah, it's quite possible he would call his cousin Uncle.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Yeah, it's cute without being sappy or saccharine.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
I really really want a room like that Moomin panel with the tree.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Rand Brittain posted:

I love the Moomins, but the comic strip seems to really lean heavily into the plot structure where some devilish figure of caricatured rationality tries to dissuade the Moomin family from leading a slovenly but luxurious life of leisure without any visible means of subsistence.

Well, you used to could do that sort of thing, before the 70's hosed everything up.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Pentaro posted:

Why mothers get gray: Weird proportions.

Must be DeeDees great-grandmother. All legs and head.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Great, Judge Parker getting all high and mighty over a HJ in the hayloft.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
So, Derek has dated other girls, and the implication is that he had sex with his previous girlfriends.
However, Sopie won't engage in such acts because she has to hold on her principles.

If the other girls are nasty ole sluts, by implication of the line " I don't want to be like them. I can't be like them", then where does that leave Derek?
I mean, he participated. He gets a hand wave, and the other girls get painted with the slut brush?

Sure, set your personal bars high, and don't compromise your principals, but sure don't apply them to the people around you.

....why is Derek putting up with this?

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
The 4th wall breaking thing actually works perfectly fine in-universe.
Ted had such an abusive and lovely childhood that he absorbed himself completely in TV and movies.
His defense structure is seeing his life in terms of plot hooks, and dialogue structures.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Nenonen posted:

Someone please this to me.

It's pretty simple. Boys been running his mouth about things he shouldn't.

The boys mother has been having problems of some sort, that I would imagine she would like to have kept private.
Yet her son has been telling that lady(and others?!) about these problems.
I would think the lady in the back ground is a mother of a friend of his. See the boys playing football in the background?

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Can someone TL:DR me up a summary of what's happening in TOBY up to this point?

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

......What just DID you mean, then?

Something something spelunking?

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Lemon curry?

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

How many shares do I need to get him to jump off a bridge?

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

The Sphinxster posted:

Rather than focus on the frankly unintelligible lovers rhombus-- what the gently caress is Tiff wearing?

Black top, pink yoga leggins, black socks, grey high heels.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

SomeMathGuy posted:

The Phantom

Yeah, Phantom. It's not like votes have ever been fixed in an African election. No sireee bob!

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Sounds like Tiffany was having some problems at home, or some emotional issues and has fixed them through therapy or pills.
She's much calmer now, but no one gives her a chance.

Luann, why won't you give her a chance

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
That was more terrible-offensive than that Fart Baby comic.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

This guy's gonna get sued.

drat, tell this dude to gently caress off. Say you'll take that into consideration, but you'll have a full inspection done if and when he decides to move on the house.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Alabaster White posted:

Why is Death the mascot for January? :psyduck:

Look, I just can't really tell when someone is being obtuse on purpose for a laugh, or legit anymore.

It sounds like something Tiggum would ask.

in case you are legit, that's not Death, it's Father Time FFS what is wrong with you?

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

gleebster posted:

It's not. It's about the fact that his mother calls him regularly and always asks him the same questions. In asking them himself, he's signalling that she does this, which she picks up on, and gives the answers to, which have not changed since she called yesterday.

Did ya'll forget that her son and wife bought a farm?
He is having a laugh over her saying they planted a lot in her garden, when they have A FREAKING FARM

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

The only way to prove her love for Mr Avery is to give the Morgans all their money. It makes sense.

You are supposed to be a caretaker and don't understand where irrational things can come out of A ROTTING BRAIN?!
Goddamn lady

Thats like one of the hallmarks of brain damage! Anger, hostility, random bursts of violence

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
He got sent to the corn fields Outback.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

IS this implying that Moomkin are grown? Is that why they act so odd that they are just mimicking the actions and society of others?

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Tiggum posted:

Holy poo poo, calling him to come half way around the world to ask how old he is. :roflolmao:

" Here we are, three months later! What did you need?"

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Well, they saw how Pearls Before Swine gets away with the bland, copy-pasted look and thought " Hey I can do that too!"

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Zanzibar Ham posted:

2. Heh, only 4 genders? Looks like someone's got a thing or two to learn from tumblr (but seriously that's cool)

If you didn't want to go through the rites that would make you a man in that tribe, then they'd stuff you in a dress, keep you with the women, and then marry you off to some guy.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Wanamingo posted:

Arlo and Janis

Jam is made with bits of the fruit in it. So, it's a thicker, chunkier, jelly.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Wanamingo posted:

Arlo and Janis

Because I know someone will ask, here is what is happening:

They are having a walk, and Arlo thought it'd be funny to move these peoples gnome, and Janis is power walking away because she is super embarrassed.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Oh man, Ham Shears was so good. Well, it started out good, then sort of got bogged down.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Tiggum posted:

Is it even widely known that Blaze has moved in with Notta? I'd think that would be inconvenient for her current plan. But if no one knows Blaze is living with Notta, why would she need to keep a low profile?

Actually, that's part of why She (and the other other villains, whatever they are calling themselves now) keep her around. No one knows about her. She isn't in the system. she's clean.
So, they are using her as a messenger girl, and various little gopher tasks.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

drat thats a fine sandwich

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Ah, I'm not sure I get that last one.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

SomeMathGuy posted:

The Phantom

I actually exclaimed "YES!" over this. Phantom has been such a smug gently caress for so long, it'd be great to see him be taken down a peg, or fail at something. Of course, I know that he is just gonna shrug off getting a lamp to the skull.

Man, I miss Sehvara.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Selachian posted:

You know what bothers me about this story arc (well, besides a billion other things)? Gabe was introduced as a bat expert and veteran caver ... but he keeps getting stuck with the role of Guy Who Asks Dumb Questions to Facilitate Exposition.

Beyond that, Yeah the water has to go somewhere. Doesn't mean it goes to the surface, I mean, maybe your corpses might eventually pop out, possibly not.
It's not like you are wearing cold water gear, and scuba tanks

God drat Mark

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Oh, Big surprise. Phantom just shrugs off a lamp to the back of the head.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

SomeMathGuy posted:

The Phantom

Is Joho an android? He just flipped that car like three times.

Also, that drunk guy standing there going " Man, who WAS that guy" is pretty funny/

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
But that isn't mexico?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
The new art on Mary Worth is wierding me out bigtime.

• Locked thread