Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

Always searching for North.

Cicadalek posted:

I fell out of reading the previous thread and I'm 21391 posts behind, did I miss anything

The biggest thing you might've missed was the utter insanity of Apartment 3G before it got canceled. The artist and the writer seemed to actively be at war with each other so that the dialogue and the pictures made no sense at all together. Things like the dialogue indicating Margo was at a diner ordering breakfast, but the artwork showing her walking down a city street, so she seemed to be shouting her order at random people as she passed them. Or dialogue indicating people were visiting her in the hospital and again artwork showing them walking down city streets, making it seem like her hospital room was the city streets. It was weird, even for newspaper comics.

And then it got canceled and they didn't really give it an ending, just spent the last week with a couple side characters vaguely talking about side plots to try and wrap them up I guess. Only one of the three main characters even showed up at the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

ChairMaster posted:

Wait is that new art? I haven't followed the thread for a while cause it moves so fast but... Mark Trail has new art now? Is it not just an unending parade of clip art rearranged and pasted together in slightly different ways to make it into different stories?

It got a new artist a while ago and he seems to actually draw the strips instead of compiling them.

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

Johnny Walker posted:

Mary Worth

I don't even know what they are talking about anymore. "If they knew the possibilities for better?"

"People who make that personal choice are under the impression that it's best that way." so basically "Some people don't use their free will to behave exactly like Mary Worth would. Those people are wrong."

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

Text says donut, drawing shows maybe a potato.

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

Taear posted:

Even after so many years of these threads I can't quite wrap my head around how terrible compu-toon is. I scroll past the stuff I have no interest in but each time Compu-Toon stops me and I wish it would go away.
I get he's just trying to educate the masses...

I realllllly don't think Compu-Toon is meant to be educational. (Aside from that Keypad Kid comic book.)

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

treasureplane posted:

Nancy (April 29, 1943)

The contrast between these two is both amazing and depressing.

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

This is kind of cute except I think they screwed up the caption; shouldn't it be the cheapest price you can read?

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

Odonata posted:

Moving. Spiritually enriching. Sublime. “High” art, or, Gasoline Alley

The fact that he put the words on the door backwards, yet drew it so that we're looking at the front of the door so they wouldn't be backwards bothers me way more than it should.

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

Trent posted:

See also: all of Intelligent Life.

No, don't!

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

Calaveron posted:

There's still Fred Flintstone and Captain Caveman at the very least

Hi!

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

Wow. Even aside from the comic just being "hey, muppets", is that Camilla's head on a plate?

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

"Product idea" sounds like a prototype to me.

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

I wonder if the colorist messed up and that was supposed to be green instead of white in the background (like it's trees). When I first looked at this I couldn't figure out why they were up in the clouds.

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

It means the Phantom does not like you if you drill for oil. http://www.dictionary.com/browse/roughneck?s=t

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

EasyEW posted:

Out Our Way (February 5-6, 1930)

If I knew what the thing hanging off the table was supposed to be, would I get this one? Or am I just dumb?

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

For some reason I really like that it says "To be continued," in case there was someone out there who would read this in the paper and be very confused because they didn't know there was more coming.

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

Oh the cat survived! What a surprising end to this story! Wait, to be continued?! I'm glad he specified, since the daily serialized nature of comic strips is confusing to me. Also, Sluggo's heavy-lidded look of dismay that the cat survived seems really weird.

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

Her face looks like someone just tried stretching some skin across a skull. Uh, I guess in a way that's what a face is, but you know what I mean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

"What's your take on this?" "Not that unusual except the memory loss" "... what did you think I was referring to when I asked for your take on it? How could I have meant anything besides the memory loss?"

• Locked thread