Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Germansimp
May 28, 2013

ThePariah posted:

Wrestle Kingdom 10
HM: Ishii vs Shibata
MOTYC: Nakamura vs Styles
MOTYC: Okada vs Tanahashi

Yeah, nthing these.

Okada vs Tanahashi was pretty much a MOTDC (Match Of The Decade Candidate), and easily a ***** match.
Nakamura vs Styles was a solid ****1/2 match, and I like to imagine that if AJ wasn't hurt could have easily been ***** as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

abraham linksys posted:

nominating a match from Raw in TYOOL 2016, sign of the times

HM: Y2AJ vs. The New Day, WWE Raw 3/7

Made everyone look strong, let New Day get a clean pin over two veterans without hurting Jericho or AJ's credibility at all, awesome spots. Got me hyped to see Jericho/AJ at Mania which I didn't even think was possible.

Yeah, I'll 4th this. It was a good match and did everthing it was supposed to do.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Benne posted:

MOTYC: Mil Muertes vs. Fenix, Lucha Underground 3/16

Holy loving poo poo

Oh hell yeah!

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Was a bit on the fence between HM and MOTYC due to the extended squash by Matanzas, which, as impressive as it was, felt a bit slow especially compared to all the previous high-flying stuff, but overall, I'll nth the MOTYC because all the high-flying stuff and crazy stuff while still focusing on furthering storylines was just that drat awesome.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

ShadowedFlames posted:

I know these are completely unnecessary at this point but:

From NXT Takeover: Dallas (4/1/16)
HM: The Revival vs. American Alpha
MOTYC: Sami Zayn vs. Shinsuke Nakamura
HM: Bayley vs. Asuka

The multiple stoppages in the main, while understandable, just ruined the flow for me. But the three matches above deserve their nominations.

100% agreed on this. The blood on Joe actually added to the match IMO and could have helped move it into MOTYC for me, but then the medics came out. And then they came out again. And again and...

... and in the end it was just another match.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Testekill posted:

WMOTYC: Shelley Martinez vs Rebel, TNA: Knockouts Knockdown

Oh boy, this was certainly something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUQihamFQyE

Nthing this. That was Jenna vs Sharmell-bad.

That said, on the positive side:

HM - Trios Tag Titles Tournament Finals - Lucha Underground 2016-04-27

Too convoluted in the beginning with 4 persons in the ring at the same time and a bit too sloppy at times to be a MOTYC, but definitely something to watch if you haven't done so yet.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Benne posted:

MOTYC: Matt Hardy vs. Jeff Hardy THE FINAL DELETION, Impact 7/5

How can anybody call this MOTYC? This was some of the dumbest, ridiculous, insane poo poo I've ever seen in wrestling...

... yeah, nthing this nomination.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

sticklefifer posted:

HM: American Alpha vs The Revival, 2/3 falls - NXT 7/6

This got about half the show and was consistently engaging. I felt their Takeover bout was better all around, but this came pretty close. Only putting it at HM because the middle fall felt way too quick, but there was good storytelling throughout and the crowd was on fire by the end.

Yup, definitely nthing that. These two teams just can't have a bad match against each other.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

sticklefifer posted:

MOTYC: TNA vs Multiple Lawsuits

Nah, that match's had way too much no-selling from TNA.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

MOTYC - Santa Rhyno vs Renee Young's composure, Talking Smack 2016-12-20

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

DarkstarIV posted:

Eh, could be seen as either an HM or MOTYC, but:

HMOTYC: Baron Corbin vs AJ Styles vs Dolph Ziggler, 12/27/16.

A great match all around.

Nthing this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

sportsgenius86 posted:

HM - DIY vs. Tozawa/Tajiri, NXT Osaka, aired on 12/28

Thirding.

• Locked thread