Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

No blueglass i8s good, really good, im afraid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dilbert Fanclub President
Oct 21, 2015

by Reene

In Training posted:

I think I'm goi g to skip the next one live because the VODs are 100x more interesting than the hours of set up and interviews.

I'm the opposite. If I don't catch a run live, it's likely I won't watch it at all. The GDQs are something I need to watch in the moment.

Secret of Mana and the TAS block were my favorites.

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

Wormskull posted:

My Face When Normie Fucktard Thinks Reading Books About Thinking or Objectifying Women is somehow more meaningful than gaming hard and awesomely: [Face goldust made shortly after he left his wife (kayfabe) and wrote "FU" on his head ("Freedom Unchained") and rolled down the steel ramp in a wheel chair with his hand in the classic "R*tarded" position but flipping everyone off, and then he starts talking in a Truman Capote voice about contracting an illness that rendered him invalid]

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Anyone who willingly watches this poo poo is a loving Cuckold.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Le cucks of fast video gaming.

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
the velocity 2x run is insanely bad. i could barely make it to 30 minutes.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

*goes perfectly straight through a hallway* Phew. That was the hardest part of the game, glad I got it first try since I practiced for nearly a half hour on it.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

*goes perfectly straight through a hallway* Phew. That was the hardest part of the game, glad I got it first try since I practiced for nearly a half hour on it.

this is the hardest part of the run, because they expect you to go fast, i cant make any mistake here *dies* thats fine

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
*has the world record speed run time in a game* i just figured out yesterday you can exit a level without completing it and still get the upgrade

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
i want to master this game just to humiliate this dumb man

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

He is comically bad at this game.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Paper Triangle posted:

I saw the run was 2 hours long and peaced out, the game itself didn't look that bad though from the 2 minutes I saw of it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It comes in 35 minutes under estimate, so idk what the runner was thinking with that guess

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think he was sandbagging his WR times for a live setting because he beat it by like 4 minutes and also died 500 times during it.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

In Training posted:

I think he was sandbagging his WR times for a live setting because he beat it by like 4 minutes and also died 500 times during it.

lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

"thats a world record, also the first time ive beat this game"

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

elf help book posted:

Lmao

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

In Training posted:

hosed up

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

In Training posted:

I thought this when I watched it live and hell, I still think it now.

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

elf help book posted:

Lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Paper Triangle posted:

It was probably better live.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

At the 30 minute mark I was thinking the same thing but I held off just a little longer anddid a complete 180, where, other than the TMR Lion King run and the Super Mario Maker blind race, it is my favorite of AGDQ16.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol...at the end of the Sonic Advance 1 run he pops into his Tiny Chao Garden and its all level 99 in every stat and he makes it play trumpet over and over while he is giggling to himself and the trumpet sounds keep going as the stream fades into this image:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

Lol...at the end of the Sonic Advance 1 run he pops into his Tiny Chao Garden and its all level 99 in every stat and he makes it play trumpet over and over while he is giggling to himself and the trumpet sounds keep going as the stream fades into this image:

lmao

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

The reverse lttp was probably my favorite run that j saw

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

winning

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ninja gaiden 3 pacifist is a cool run

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

In Training posted:

lmfao

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

lttp reverse boss order is incredible lol

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
are they posting the runs on youtube yet

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!

In Training posted:

went to watch the vod for a laugh and was disappointed when this didnt happen at all

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

? It was at the end, after he does the extra boss

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

God drat the Metroid prime is still so sick to see

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!

In Training posted:

? It was at the end, after he does the extra boss

he plays the trumpet twice, people clap, he exits the game. its a nitpick but it sounded funnier in the post :(

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!

In Training posted:

God drat the Metroid prime is still so sick to see

finally home so i can catch up on all the sick runs without having to hope a bird or something doesnt forget to deliver the country wifi making the connection die

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ArfJason posted:

he plays the trumpet twice, people clap, he exits the game. its a nitpick but it sounded funnier in the post :(

Fair enough

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Sometimes it's fun to channel a wrestling announcer when you post to embellish a little.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lmao at the infinite speed ball which turns Samus into a being of pure light

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've tried a lot of these tricks and have been able to pull them off but every time he makes a room spanning scan jump + bunny hop that same move would take me like 20 minutes and I would feel like a badass and he's just peeling them all out at a rate of 3 per second. Goddamn

• Locked thread