Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Marvin Freeman posted:

there's a cool/depressing powerball simulator that made me never want to buy a ticket ever again. it's fun to see how much money you lose over 5 or 10 years by playing weekly.

http://powerball-simulator.com

That's inaccurate because they don't have a setting for pensioners with no kids, because that's like a guaranteed win every time in Powerball. Then the money goes right back where it came from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

BouncingBuckyBalls posted:

I'll wait until this reaches $1Billion before getting excited. Ever since the odds have increased I just don't feel like throwing money away on this unless I can buy a small country if I win.

Even at a billion, if you win you're going to get a fraction of the actual amount.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

VendaGoat posted:

Why, in the wild blue gently caress of all fucks upon this gay Earth, would you be carrying 800,000 in loving cash?

Sometimes you want to make it rain, sometimes you want that rain to be Biblical. Like loving Noah.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Or you don't buy a ticket and then when you look at the numbers out of curiosity the next day you find out that they were all predicted by that one fortune cookie fortune you didn't throw out. The numbers were right there in front of you.

Or it'll be the birthdays of you and your family members.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Goddammit Jesus, stop cheating at the lottery and give us poor sinners a chance. We know not what we do, but we know what we'd do with a cool billion.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

A Man and his dog posted:

Lmao why are people mobbing the store it was sold at?

Option 1: They don't understand how the lottery works and saw the store they bought tickets at on the news, and thought that that meant they could have won.
Option 2: They're hoping whoever won went straight to the same store they bought the ticket from to collect the billion dollars in cash they had stashed in the "Just In Case Someone Wins the Lottery Here" Vault, and they planned to mug them.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Site doesn't load, is reportedly a "satire" Onion rip-off site, you people are dumb. :shrug:

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

naem posted:

If you have enough million dollars you relocate and start a new life, why stay in the sticks idgi

Just travel to fancy places, go only to the ritzy parts of the city, then come home to your country homestead in a flyover state where you won't get shot and robbed for walking home down the wrong street.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

FCKGW posted:

Literally the nicest outcome that could have happened.

That actually made me smile, better her than me or any of the chucklefucks in this thread who'd spend it all on exotic hookers and nerdy poo poo.

• Locked thread