Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

When is the drawing, OP?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Sacrificing $208 for a >0% chance of retiring early isn't a bad deal.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

If I win, everyone is invited over for a free beer.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

The bad news: I spent all the money on platinums for my alt accounts.

The good news: Lowtax can keep doing drugs and running these gay forums until the year 3477

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Solice Kirsk posted:

I'm gonna put the karma out there. If I win I'm going to give half of the winnings to charity. Someone think of some good ones for me. Need about 4 or 5.

Step 1: open a charity
Step 2: get money
Step 3: only use 10% towards charity work
Step 4: profit

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

I'm gonna play again and if I win 1 billion I will legitimately give away $10k at a time to random posters on these forums for making funny posts that make me laugh. I will do this at least 500 times.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Can I come along?

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Pools that purchase multiple tickets are so loving dumb. All my retarded colleagues have one running and they ask each person to pay $10 towards a stack of tickets. Dumb apes don't realize that 1 ticket or 40 tickets is the same single pull of the galactic-odds slot machine.

What would be smarter is to find 40 people to pitch in a nickel. If they all win, good for them but I'll buy my own ticket and share the cost with my wife. If I win I will donate 1/2 of the proceeds to improve math and critical thinking courses in all schools.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

LOL, one person got mad at me by trying to convince others to not go into the pool and waste their money. It's like a goddamn cult.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

I'd get it all in cash and then burn the pile on live television because gently caress everything.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Hector Beerlioz posted:

If I win I am going to use a whole bunch of different people and donate the equivalent of several million dollars to Bernie. I'll tell him my plan and say he has to keep my pet interests in mind while he's president.

I think you picked the wrong candidate for this plan.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Why gift it anyway? Just own expensive things and let others borrow them. Part of the fun of becoming a millionaire is you now hold all the puppet strings for friends and family who want material things.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

blugu64 posted:

Texas has no state income tax

But one of the highest property taxes in the nation.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Yes.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

When you buy your multi million dollar mansion.

Hahahaha, yeah right. If you had that much money why live in a shithole state?

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

I think the most honorable thing to do would be invest it well and use the income to establish a philanthropic organization. Failing that, just donate a percentage of your annual revenue to the Bill and Melinda Gates foundation.

Also, buy a Porsche or something cool.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

The worst thing is it'll probably be a single winner who will give all their money to the Catholic church.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

FrankieGoes posted:

'Fraid not. 40 in 292,201,338 is still spectacularly lovely odds, but it is not the same as 1 in 292,201,338. You can tell they're not the same, because 1 is not the same number as 40.

But I'm sure the people that sat out of winning office pools and just bought one ticket because "it's the same single pull" totally don't spend the rest of their lives kicking themselves in their own rear end.

Not literally the same exact, but functionally it is. Your odds of winning increase so slightly that anything >0 is roughly the same (unless you're buying millions of dollars worth of tickets).

Geeze i just spent $10,000 on 5,000 tickets and my 0.000000003422297813023704% chance of winning has increased to a 0.0000711148906511852% chance.

I LIKE THOSE ODDS!

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Just sacrificed a child to Baal, I can feel my luck increasing.

I'm hoping this is true.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

If I win, every poster in this thread gets $1,000 cash.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

I want to see it roll over another 10 times.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

This is convenient for goons who normally have no friends and don't venture outside.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

If someone you know wins, outside of family or perhaps very close friends who you'd consider the same, would you even consider asking that person for any money?

I always tell people all I ever expect is a free beer. No one owes me anything, but a billionaire can buy me one drink.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Just a reminder that if you are the sole winner, you will still have less than 1/2 of the money that Internet fat man Notch, maker of Minecraft, has.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

I'm gonna cut up my face with a razor and walk out bloody with hanging, flapping flesh to collect my check.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

If you blow up moon, you get Morlocks.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

MiracleWhale posted:

as a powerball winner i will be an eloi

Gonna eat ur liver

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Three Olives posted:

I watched a documentary about how you can buy kidneys from poor people in foreign countries for transplant, I could do that or trick one of them into thinking they only need one liver and have one installed as a backup.

gently caress that. I want to buy poor people and force feed them lobster and Kobe beef until their liver is diseased and swollen. At that time I will cut it out, purée it, and spread it on a nice raisin toast with some onion confit. Mmm mm!

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

A bird in hand is worth two in a bush. What happens when lotto is no longer solvent? I'll take the paltry 900 million now, thanks.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Isn't Illinois having issues paying their lotto winners?

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Pawn 17 posted:

“For 20 minutes, it was real,” he said. “It’s a shame we didn’t win, but I wouldn’t trade that feeling for anything.”

I bet he'd trade it for a billion dollars. loving yokels.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Post the winning numbers here. If I win, the first person to post the numbers gets $5k.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

quote:

they’ll tithe heavily to their church, John Robinson said.
Hahaha, called it. What a bunch of fuckwits.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Hahahah church is for weak rear end loving losers anyway. Why would a wealthy person pretend to follow any deity?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Not a Children posted:

My great uncle played a prank on my grandfather once, about 40 years ago. The lottery had gotten up to a few tens of millions and they and their wives threw in for about 50 tickets each on a whim. They went out the night of the drawing and didn't make it back til late. The next morning, my great uncle woke up before my grandfather, grabbed a newspaper to check the winner, and went to the local gas station to buy a ticket with the winning numbers. Then he mixed that ticket in with the ones they had bought the day before. After everyone woke up and was working their way through the tickets, my grandfather found the one with the matching numbers. My great uncle (who, each time he tells this story, exaggerates the difficulty he had in keeping a straight face a little bit more) holds off for a bit to allow him and the two ladies to celebrate, going through the list of things they'll do with the money, singing songs and drinking whiskey with them as the "win" sunk in. After about a half hour, my uncle tells them to take a look at the date on the ticket. He says that the only other time my grandfather had that particular expression on his face was on the day of their mother's death. My grandfather chased him out of the house with a gun and didn't talk to him for about a month.

I like to think this happens a few hundred times across the country every lottery cycle

My grandma did the same thing to my grandpa, but he strangled her and tried to burn her body in the basement fireplace.

• Locked thread