Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
You are part of the Rebel Alliance and a traitor! Take her away!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

happyhippy posted:

Declare the building to be a new prison.
Build a wall around it.

Send hardened criminals in.

A little Savage Reservation

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Crain posted:

Hands down this is leaps and bounds beyond anything comparable to BLM or "college protests".

Except in the fevered minds of the Fox audience the past couple years have been Kent State, Detroit 1967, and LA 1992 all at once X100

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I'm the international news organizations (wisely?) keeping these guys off the frontpage so they give up.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Xandu posted:

A decision like that was almost assuredly made at the highest level and is more likely political than anything else.

Like hyping San Bernadino as 'terrorism' while actively avoiding that label for the Charleston shooting?

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Xandu posted:

Yes, although I don't love your examples. I would hardly say people were hyping San Bernadino as terrorism until it became abundantly clear they were supporting ISIS. FBI repeatedly refused to make any statements for days on whether or not it was terrorism and a lot of people seemed to think it was just a workplace shooting until that no longer made sense.

Actually I'm trying to make the point that local offices have some discretion. San Bernadino was as much a workplace shooting as it was terrorism.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
To be fair regarding Occupy - if these guys inspired other groups to start taking over random buildings in Federal parks we might see a national response.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
They dried their powder too soon!

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
'So you've been publicly shamed'

There are no private individuals anymore.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
The best sovereign citizens are the ones who rack up millions in debt because money is an illusion and uncle sam foots the bill.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Joementum posted:

Pfft. We all know fiat currency is worthless anyhow.

Might as well make some fraudulent loans to cash in against my berth certificate

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Share and be transformed. The only frontier that has ever existed is the self.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I say bring on the lone wolves. That is the logic that created Daesh - lets have a honeypot so we can cull all individuals above a radicalization threshold.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
https://archive.org/details/AnarchismInAmerica1983

Information Technology is the means by which the state can dissolve into society and culture.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Themselves, holding guns to their own heads screaming, "Come on! Do it! I loving dare you!"

They won't be able to take out international finance loans in my name anymore!

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
The honeypot logic came out of neglecting the hard work resolving sectarian strife in the Levant. Not the Iraq war alone.

Which song should we be singing? 'This land is your land' or 'This Land is Mine'?

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

the trump tutelage posted:

Someone explain to me how setting a fire on fed land somehow covers up poaching or is somehow less conspicuous than a few blood splatters in the middle of nowhere.

Maybe like the Bundys they were using the land for an extended period - building stands and stuff like that. Maybe they had legitimate goals for a controlled burn that would remove the stands. Other drama has since ensued and they are heeding sound legal advice and serving their sentence.

At least they weren't running a drug grow op on federal land, which get found now and then.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Im going to Camden, Newark, and New York today to begin recruiting for the One Vision Army. We will liberate Yellowstone and return it to the people.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Conspiracy nonsense. It's a common belief (that I think might be kind of sort of true) that the government can listen to any cellphone they want whenever they want, even if they're turned off, so obviously the government is listening to all cellphones, all the time. Since these guys are a threat to liberal tyranny then obviously Oblammo is spying on them literally all day every day. Gotta carry a jammer to make sure.

Oh those sweet analog children

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Captain Bravo posted:

Uhh, more importantly than "why", is that even legal? Just imagine the shitshow if Timmy is on the phone giving 911 the location of his dying mom, when Dr. Dumbass strolls by with his jamming box and cuts the signal.

All jamming devices are super illegal per the FCC.

Did the Bundy Bunch forget about the NSA? It isn't that hard to get a warrant to cooperate with the cell tower owners and service providers.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Is this the final step in the realization of the film 'Network'?

I'll see you on the #MaoTseTungHour - on CBS Next Fall

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
What if they 'find' a BuK antiair system in one of the garages and declare sovereign airspace?

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Vienna Circlejerk posted:

Maybe the FBI is letting this become some kind of militia honeypot.

The Afghanistan/Syria model of making a honeypot so you can can cull people with radicalization potential. What can go wrong?

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
We're statists - filthy, filthy statists.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I like the argument that calling for more police oversight means you oppose the state's monopoly on legitimate force.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

UV_Catastrophe posted:

Have there been any sort of legal repercussions for any of the people who participated in Bundy Ranch 1.0 as a result of their actions there?

That couple went to a walmart and shot some people (including a good guy with a gun) before realizing they were baddies with guns and offing themselves.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I can't believe that federal property insulated the stairs. Total extravagance and contractor padding.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
You could close all the honeypots in one day. It would be an end and a beginning.

What does it mean to be an adult? To be free of magical thinking. E=MC^2 is a fundamental truth.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Occupy inspired national-coordination of Law Enforcement within a week - because it could be so easily imitated and it was positve. If someone is homeless why is it a crime to sleep outdoors? Why is it a crime to serve food for free? Why don't we just have public cafeterias so no one is hungry in America?

This is an armed tantrum that supports good old capitalist 'anarchism'

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Maybe I'm just a Yankee city slicker but I think these guys should just give up already and fight for a constitutional convention instead. The USA does need to be reorganized regarding federal/state/county budgeting and decision making. Globalization has made the world very small, information technology can change how our government works.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Vienna Circlejerk posted:

The Number of Representatives shall not exceed one for every Corporation, but each Fortune 500 Corporation shall have at Least one Representative.

Nah I would be there as a delegate fighting poo poo like that tooth and nail. For God and Country.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Crain posted:

Sovereign Citizen wankery is my favorite weird political thing. It's like a cargo cult for stupid people. They recognize that contract law, and legal dealings in general, are powerful in what they can do but they completely fail at grasping what is actually going on. They're not wrong about what they believe, law and contracts being so powerful are the reason why Dr. Dre is so loving rich and why George Lucas and just donate away 4 billion or whatever ridiculous amount of money he got for selling Star Wars and no care.

But instead of of actually learning how these things work they decide to act like a cargo cult and just construct the legal equivalent of the B-52 out of bamboo and pottery.

In politics sanity is secondary to sincerity and conviction. People who are willing to kill and die for a deeply-held belief will win the long game, not the people who believe in nothing, sit back, and 'let boys be boys'.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Popular Thug Drink posted:

justice: killing everyone at the slightest provocation, regardless of race, religion, or creed

You can't have justice without order - these people are a force for disorder.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Sovereign Citizens have mental illness - their egos have been distorted in an antisocial way. They are a danger to themselves and others and should be institutionalized.

Do people arguing otherwise think Daesh is 'entitled to their opinion' about sovereignty and legal boundaries?

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
^ agreed they should just be blockaded and anyone who leaves gets arrested and given mental help.

I wonder if some executives who got bailout money have some vacant properties. Could make great community centers.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

the trump tutelage posted:

These ISIS comparisons are okay I guess but let's cut the cutesy bullshit and call them Literally Hitler.

Ukrainian separatists do make a better analogy.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Occupy Maidan Blacks used violence in their protest, why are you picking on us? We're entitled to our opinion!

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Salt Fish posted:

The only hitler in this thread so far is the person who unironically supported the concept of life-unworthy-of-life.

Killing Nazis is problematic, they are people, too.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Salt Fish posted:

I agree with that. I am categorically against the death penalty in all cases.

North America's getting soft, patrón, and the rest of the world is getting tough. Very, very tough. We're entering savage new times, and we're giong to have to be pure and direct and strong, if we're going to survive them. Now, you and this cesspool you call a television station and your people who wallow around in it, your viewers who watch you do it, they're rotting us away from the inside. We intend to stop that rot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

Can you tell us in which situations they attempted to blockade federal business in a federal building?

There was a plan to blockade the stock exchange and the park got swept out the weekend before.

When they do kick these guys out will they make a big show about public health and have guys in biohazard suits hosing the building down?

• Locked thread