Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

This is a better term than Y'all Qaeda. Alert the media.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Conspiracy nonsense. It's a common belief (that I think might be kind of sort of true) that the government can listen to any cellphone they want whenever they want, even if they're turned off, so obviously the government is listening to all cellphones, all the time. Since these guys are a threat to liberal tyranny then obviously Oblammo is spying on them literally all day every day. Gotta carry a jammer to make sure.

Oh those sweet analog children

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

So when the rebels fall to a glorious flurry of fascist gunfire are FEMA doing bulldozing and remodeling to death camp

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

ChlamydiaJones posted:

I sent Blaine glitter when he was trying to start CW2 with the miners a few months back! Such a pleasant fellow is our Blaine!

Oh yeah, I forgot, during the miner thing they also talked a lot about coms;

of course that doesn't give away their CURRENT coms information but it does give you a little insight into how they think about communications!

Its not like we have a bunch of aircraft specifically built to intercept and track coms. No. No such thing. Whatosever.

Oh.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Small note on cellphone jammer talk- cell phone jammers are very extra special illegal under federal law(FCC I think)- to use or own. Don't run a cell phone jammer.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Kazak_Hstan posted:

The refuge wildlife biologist probably would have something to say about around the clock 90dB shrill noise.

Right there with you, brother. :(

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

Talmonis posted:

Their discomfort pleases me. I am feuled by schadenfreude.

Though I agree with the people way earlier in the thread, they should go full Norieaga on them and blast Master P's "Make 'em say Uhh" at them 24/7. I for one would enjoy watching them foam at the mouth with hate.

As long as we don't use Billy Joel, Supertramp or Yoko Ono. I was pissed when Cheney used torture and have not softened on the topic.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

Radbot posted:

First, you can get those shipped from China for under $100. Second, why would they do that?

Uhh, more importantly than "why", is that even legal? Just imagine the shitshow if Timmy is on the phone giving 911 the location of his dying mom, when Dr. Dumbass strolls by with his jamming box and cuts the signal.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Spun Dog posted:

As long as we don't use Billy Joel, Supertramp or Yoko Ono. I was pissed when Cheney used torture and have not softened on the topic.

I've determined that "Make 'em say Uhh" infuriates racists more than any other song ever produced. I base this on entirely anecdotal evidence.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

LeoMarr posted:

They do have a point.
I'm in Utah, and you see that big red area just west of the white area that's not owned by the feds? You know what's out there? Bombing ranges and nuclear disposal sites. Because testing your munitions and training fighter pilots is something you probably don't want to do in heavily populated areas. And ask any of these campout chucklefucks if they'd like a nuclear waste/chemical weapons storage facility in their backyard and the answer will invariably be gently caress NO. That poo poo's gotta go somewhere and surprise surprise, they stuck it where a bunch of people didn't live.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

mentally unbalanced, I'd guess. Never liked either one of them to begin with, so I just told them to turn them off and never bring them back.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

illumn8d posted:

I just mailed them a case of seed bells to:

General Mail
John Ritzheimer or Blaine Cooper
Burns, OR 97720

Feed the birds the snacks they so sorely deserve.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Captain Bravo posted:

Uhh, more importantly than "why", is that even legal? Just imagine the shitshow if Timmy is on the phone giving 911 the location of his dying mom, when Dr. Dumbass strolls by with his jamming box and cuts the signal.

All jamming devices are super illegal per the FCC.

Did the Bundy Bunch forget about the NSA? It isn't that hard to get a warrant to cooperate with the cell tower owners and service providers.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Feed the birds Bundy

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Jewel Repetition posted:

I heard some of the yeehawdists felt like federal agencies were bullying to try to get them to sell their land.

It seems that their land is fairly intermingled with the federally-owned land, to the point where the shortest route between one section of their land and another section of their land might be over a tract of land owned by the feds. Previously, when moving their cattle from point A to point B, they were permitted to move their cattle across the shorter route through federal land, as long as they notified federal authorities and requested approval far enough in advance, didn't leave their herd on federal land for more than a certain period of time, and so on. Naturally, they routinely ignored and broke those rules and restrictions, which led to that permit being revoked. So they've made up a story about the feds wanting their land, in an attempt to tap into the same anger people get when they hear about a poor black neighborhood being eminent domain'd by the city so that it can be bulldozed in order to build a shopping center or highway.

Nonsense posted:

None of them will see jail time, they won't even be questioned, they'll be allowed to leave, the right declare victory, and they'll still get to go home to seeing Obama being impeached on the news over squashing gun rights.

No jail time, but they will be fined for the damages done. Cliven Bundy may have "won" his little standoff, but it didn't make his court case - or the million-plus dollars of back fees he owes - go away, and most of the militiamen camping out on his ranch gave up and went home after they failed to crowdfund their daily bills and ended up having to go home and back to work. The federal government can afford to wait and take their sweet time; these guys can't.

Pappyland
Jun 17, 2004

There's no limit to your imagination!
College Slice

illumn8d posted:

I just mailed them a case of seed bells to:

General Mail
John Ritzheimer or Blaine Cooper
Burns, OR 97720

Feed the birds the snacks they so sorely deserve.

Now I can put a username to the face!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Gaybee
Jul 16, 2002
Send them only President's Choice beverages with "You're welcome -Obama"

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhesus Pieces posted:

Has anyone actually taken their side yet? Where's that convoy of sympathizers we were told to expect by now?

In my Facebook feed apparently; my family is all in support of these guys, and when I went downstairs the night before last sometime after posting negative things about the militia lunatics my dad said that sometimes he has trouble believing I'm his son and we got into a huge argument that went nowhere because whenever I say anything even remotely negative about a Republican or conservative my dad goes on a long rant about the various terrible things liberals have done.

He has yet to comment on the article I posted earlier where his favorite presidential candidate Ted Cruz expressed the exact same sentiments I did (sans my calling the militia terrorists). I wonder if he'll disavow Cruz for this.

Who What Now posted:

Huh, I had thought that Popehat was a SovCit, but that was fairly straightforward and even-handed. Maybe I was thinking of someone else. Thanks for the link!

Ken is usually sensible about law stuff, though he's really dumb about free speech. However, he allows his site to be a platform for a man who, among other things, unironically thinks that the liberal media controls everything, supports GamerGate, thinks Vox Day is awesome, and tweets "scientific proof" that that black people are mentally inferior at famous black people. That might be the cause of your confusion.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Is this the final step in the realization of the film 'Network'?

I'll see you on the #MaoTseTungHour - on CBS Next Fall

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Roland Jones posted:

Ken is usually sensible about law stuff, though he's really dumb about free speech. However, he allows his site to be a platform for a man who, among other things, unironically thinks that the liberal media controls everything, supports GamerGate, thinks Vox Day is awesome, and tweets "scientific proof" that that black people are mentally inferior at famous black people. That might be the cause of your confusion.

Patrick left after he was caught tweeting something to Neil Tyson about how blacks are mentally inferior. He said he was leaving on his own, but I imagine there was a "jesus christ" meeting.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Radbot posted:

So as long as someone's breaking into something that "no one" cares about, there should be no law enforcement response? I mean I'm pro squatters rights, but that seems like a stretch.

i dont see how trucking out the riot gear is the bare minimum LE response. we can also just figure out who these dudes are, where they live, and serve them summons when they get bored and return home. i mean it would cost millions just to set up a pointless cordon so these dudes can feel like they're accomplishing more than embarassing themselves

having cops show up there in person would be warranted if they were holding hostages, but it's certainly not useful just to soothe the ruffled feathers of internet liberals pounding the table and yelling about punishing the locals

boner confessor fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Jan 5, 2016

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Gaybee posted:

Send them only President's Choice beverages with "You're welcome -Obama"

We should send them fleeces and hoodies to keep them warm in such frigid weather!

Heres some:

http://www.whitehousegiftshop.com/The-White-House-Presidential-Fleece-Jacket-p/whitehousefleecejacketblack.htm

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

pathetic little tramp posted:

Patrick left after he was caught tweeting something to Neil Tyson about how blacks are mentally inferior. He said he was leaving on his own, but I imagine there was a "jesus christ" meeting.

Oh, Ken finally realized that just because he supports free speech he doesn't have to condone every word his awful friends say on his site or give them a platform for hate speech? If this is a trend I might start reading Popehat again instead of avoiding it because I don't want to read yet another article where Clark does something like defend actual neo-Nazis.

Edit: I mean, Ken can still be a massive idiot at times, independent of his allowing racist extremists to post on his site, but his legal analyses are good at least.

Edit again: I just checked the site, it was in fact Clark who left, who was the one who sent the tweet we both mentioned. Alright, well, the community fostered there by things like letting an rear end in a top hat like Clark post there for so long is terrible, and Ken and co. can still be terrible at times, but the site might be worth using again now that the worst is gone.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Jan 6, 2016

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Popular Thug Drink posted:

i dont see how trucking out the riot gear is the bare minimum LE response. we can also just figure out who these dudes are, where they live, and serve them summons when they get bored and return home. i mean it would cost millions just to set up a pointless cordon so these dudes can feel like they're accomplishing more than embarassing themselves

I would have to guess there's at least one person there undercover for feds/staties keeping track of names and any personal info people have there (license plates, ect) so if poo poo really starts popping off the feds know who they are manhunting.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

LeoMarr posted:

Feed the birds Bundy

Bund Mouth eat the seeds

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Thump! posted:

We should send them fleeces and hoodies to keep them warm in such frigid weather!

Heres some:

http://www.whitehousegiftshop.com/The-White-House-Presidential-Fleece-Jacket-p/whitehousefleecejacketblack.htm

I think this would be more fitting.

ShadowCatboy
Jan 22, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Regarding that Bundy brother who looks like his photo was taken mid-face-punch, this was the first thing I thought of:

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

having cops show up there in person would be warranted if they were holding hostages, but it's certainly not useful just to soothe the ruffled feathers of internet liberals pounding the table and yelling about punishing the locals

You could say that about the vast majority of crimes, and yet you're only here defending the Militiamen. Trucking out the riot gear should be the bear minimum LE response to a barricade situation.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Should we bring out riot gear when someone starts squatting, too?

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.

Radbot posted:

I get why they're not shooting these guys up, but why aren't they placing LRADs or other non-injurious but highly annoying things? There's no way this lasts for more than a day when you're getting 24 hours of 90db shrill sirens in your ears.

Because annoying and depriving unstable people of sleep tends to make them more unstable.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Don't worry they'll bring in an LAV soon.

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Xandu posted:

Because annoying and depriving unstable people of sleep tends to make them more unstable.

So? Who cares? Set up a loudspeaker outside the front door, then walk away.

So insane that people care about the acute mental wellbeing of people barricaded in a federal building. Perhaps we should just give them what they want, lest they become unhappy.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Do you think we should be raiding the Gathering when they barricade themselves on federal land without permission?

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

ansel autisms posted:

Do you think we should be raiding the Gathering when they barricade themselves on federal land without permission?

Considering that's an unarmed gaggle of hippies versus a declared revolutionary group that's armed to the teeth, something tells me this comparison isn't made in good faith. But yes, if it came down to it, I would support a measured law enforcement response, which is exactly what has happened on numerous occasions.

You may note that The Gathering has an extremely strong law enforcement presence whenever it happens, including riot gear at the ready. Something that isn't happening here.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

ansel autisms posted:

given that radbot only seems interested in bringing down the hammer on people whose politics he doesn't like, it could go either way

personally i don't see the point in antagonizing a bunch of armed weirdos who pose no threat to anyone but maybe i'm just crazy

Radbot posted:

Considering that's an unarmed gaggle of hippies versus a declared revolutionary group that's armed to the teeth, something tells me this comparison isn't made in good faith.

so it turns out no, radbot agrees with the hippies enough to want the police to harass them when they peacefully squat on federal land

Vienna Circlejerk
Jan 28, 2003

The great science sausage party!

Radbot posted:

So? Who cares? Set up a loudspeaker outside the front door, then walk away.

So insane that people care about the acute mental wellbeing of people barricaded in a federal building. Perhaps we should just give them what they want, lest they become unhappy.

You're the one who wants to give them what they want.

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

given that radbot only seems interested in bringing down the hammer on people whose politics he doesn't like, it could go either way

personally i don't see the point in antagonizing a bunch of armed weirdos who pose no threat to anyone but maybe i'm just crazy

That's the kind of SovCit thinking I like seeing around here. Whenever you're targeted by law enforcement, it's because cops don't like your politics.

Vienna Circlejerk posted:

You're the one who wants to give them what they want.

A speaker outside their door? Link?

so it turns out no, radbot agrees with the hippies enough to want the police to harass them when they peacefully squat on federal land

I agree with the hippies enough, to want the police to harass them. A good sentence that makes sense.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
as a leftist, i can only hope that the police brutally crack down on all nonviolent offenders regardless of their political statement or skin color

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

as a leftist, i can only hope that the police brutally crack down on all nonviolent offenders regardless of their political statement or skin color

You forgot "jackbooted thugs" along with your "brutal crack down"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Radbot posted:

A speaker outside their door? Link?

they want a confrontation with the police. you want the police to confront them, rather than taking the much more sensible option of monitoring them from as a distance as they continue to waste time pointlessly and attract media attention to how silly they are. for someone who ostensibly opposes the squatters it turns out you have remarkably similar goals

• Locked thread