Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

god speed soldier :patriot:

Not a Soldier.

but lol that video. Some vaguely accurate transcriptions:

"i wanna die a free man"

"i swore to fight all enemies foreign AND DOMESTIC"

"begging with the sheriffs for hours, trying to educate them... that his is the supreme law of the land"

"a sheriff that is supposed to protect his people, now have an outside enemy coming to oppress his people and he is not going to stand with them"

"stewart rhodes, the founder of oathkeeps... by your logic i guess we shouldnt offer any su,pport to veterans that want to commit suicide, just let them load their nine mil, because its their right"

"out here in hardy county oregon this used to be one of the most thriving economies"

"what happened? the federal government, an oppressive force comes in, and some kids, they get *pfwaw* college degrees, never got their hands dirty, and get a job for the BLM"

"I'm out here trying to win the hearts and minds of people"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Venom Snake posted:

But they support local sheriff offices and police departments; they hate the Fed.

The Fed is a bank they hate for reasons they don't fully understand but they also hate the federal government in general

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
The people who are saying federal investigations are slow going especially after it loses a major test case are the correct ones btw, as are the people who do not think slaughter is the appropriate solution at this juncture (especially given how badly its been going for the militants so far). I hope this clears up some of the confusion in the thread.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

The-Mole posted:

about 4k calories a day if you're being at all active.

Good thing for them they have a fuckload of potatoes i guess

Edit: I'm pretty sure theyre all inside with heating for most of the day except for whatever clown is on guard duty shift that period

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Crabtree posted:

You can really tell the maybe 10 people in this mighty militia really have military level training when they were already starving by day 1. I hope they don't give them anything and just lay an ambush with tranquilizers when any of them tries to get into another fist fight or forage for food. Neutralize them non lethally like the dumb gun crazed southern animals they are, but keep a real gun handy to put them down if they try and open fire.

Tranquilizers are a bad idea and disfavored because its easy to mess up the dose and kill people with them irl

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

General_Disturbed posted:

The news media has mostly become lukewarm about the whole thing as the news cycle rolls on. You'll see them putting up an article about how the militia is begging for supplies, days late. That picture of stuff they are asking for was being passed around a couple of days ago and places like CNN are only just now writing on it. This seems like a good thing since in the national attention they are essentially being treated like jokes.

In actual reality land, they continue to get more supporters showing up every day. A lot of the militias that were condemning them early on are showing up now, heavily armed. They've been going around to the FBI staging area and the sheriff's staging area with their assault rifles doing shows of force, and making any law enforcement they see take their stupid pamplets that have their list of grievances on them.

There is a video up earlier from today where they showed up at the FBI area. The FBI deployed defensively but all they did was talk and then the militia left. The FBI seems to have a really good handle on absolutely doing nothing to provoke these people. I think at this point they've seriously dropped the ball. In the national attention these guys are looking like lunatics, but as far as militias are concerned, this is an -utter- absolute victory. They're already talking about doing it in other places. The government has clearly shown them it has no handle on this situation whatsoever and the militias know it. Every single thing that is happening out there, I've seen the militia types and supporters become more and more energized over it. In their minds they've absolutely won, and this is a winning system to get what they want.

How much more militia members are actually on site they asked that one convoy of psychos to gently caress off because they wanted the "long guns" to be put away (ie they could not feed that many people on the support theyve received sustainably)

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
i just heard on santilli's dead gay stream a woman claiming that the dead one was unarmed and doing "hands up don't shoot" lmao, these people.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
Twitter says Cliven got arrested after getting off the plane LMAO

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

FAUXTON posted:

I like to think that everyone at security was like :stonklol: as he walked by

according to the guy that broke the story about him getting arrested TSA was extra rigorous with screening this time and ground security down to a halt. probably shoulda been a tip off to ol cliven :rip:

efb

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

my dad posted:

Eh. Maybe he was trying to indirectly surrender in a safe way that wouldn't get him shot but also wouldn't mark him as a traitor to his own movement or something.

nah he's been free since the 2014 standoff because he's been surrounded by armed lunatics. he had no reason to surrender.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

xrunner posted:

Update: they've taken over big pink and put some kind of tesla coil on top. I just watched six cyclist get fried for the crime of trying to cross the steel bridge while being female. Northwest is lost to the patriots. They've set up a constitutional tribunal at 21st and glisan. Nation parkway is more like revolutionary river of blood. It's bad here. I think these drat freedom lovers have out-encapabled us here commu-nazi-demo-leftists

can you please shut the gently caress up

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

xrunner posted:

No. Can you? Oh. You can ? Well gently caress. Guess I'm the hypocrite here. Well. I'm sure you'll find something else to care about.

you're as bad at posting as cliven is at planning travel

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

UIApplication posted:

Holy poo poo 1200 posts, what happened

cliven bundy got arrested and the remaining 4 are slated to surrender after having an apocalyptic 5 hour shitfit streamed on youtube in which an fbi negotiator trolled them

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Cliven Bundy sticking his big stupid nose in this mess and getting exactly what he deserves makes me giddy.

What this about the four getting trolled by an FBI agent? It sounds too good to be true.

its all on youtube at varying points in this audio mostly the first couple hours

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOlrSain0lk

couple of choice lines were "David, you are an effective communicator without a gun. I know this, I've seen your videos. So put it down" and when they're discussing how its freezing "WE HAVE WARM CARS"

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

J.A.B.C. posted:

Ok, I had to leave the stream to get some sleep before covering a story at 5 am.

What have we missed, aside from over 30 pages and 1200 posts?

:rip: cliven bundy's hopes of not dying in prison

unless he gets bail and kills himself or something i guess

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

skaboomizzy posted:

Note: good lawyers are not cheap, and I expect they will not get a spirited representation by a public defender.

No they will and this is a hosed up disrespectful thing to say. PD's defend far shittier people and if they shirk their professional responsibilities it is more likely than not because of the strain on the PD system not because of politics.

Anyway most likely this is going to work like any other case involving a large number of defendants, they're gonna get lower level actors to flip on the leadership in exchange for more leniency and they're probably going to give a fair amount of charges against the Bundy's and others to encourage them to take a plea bargain.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
humm well i did give it my all defending this serial murderer rapist cannibal, but these guys did damage to a bird refuge with politics i do not agree with. better just violate my oath and principles - a pd, probably

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

skaboomizzy posted:

Serious question: how do you defend these assholes in court?

They've already proven that they don't think Constitutional law applies to them, a bunch of them are probably on the SovCit side of legal theory. What happens to them when they fire their fourth appointed public defender because he/she won't recite their magic legal spells to get them off the hook?

They can choose to defend themselves and get completely hosed but so far the Bundy's themselves have all wanted actual representation and a lot of these people, probably a majority of them, are already felons. So they prolly have a fair idea about the power of the court. Most will not really be defended in court but defended through deals with the prosecutors, though I could see whoever represents David Fry going for a competency evaluation if he's still manic. Just speculating here each of them will have their own strategies and some of these people may indeed go full gold fringe on the court but I suspect the fact that they surrendered means that most understand the gravity of the situation.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
Trials are public dude

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
Few if any will go to trial though.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

E-Tank posted:

What makes you say that?

3% of federal cases ever reach trial and these people all filmed themselves committing the crimes of which they are accused. If they go to trial they are very very likely to be convicted and if convicted at trial they will get much harsher sentences than if they take a plea deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

E-Tank posted:

That assumes the DA offers a plea deal. This is the biggest open and shut case in history. They recorded themselves doing all this, and the FBI has recorded it all. Once it gets onto the internet, it's there forever and nothing you do will make it go away.

There wouldn't be a DA in this case because it's federal, but AUSAs, being humans with large caseloads, like to dispense of things quickly and easily. They aren't elected officials like county district attorneys so they have less to prove with a big show trial if it's unnecessary and there's been plenty of higher profile cases than these chucklefucks where federal prosecutors have offered and sealed a plea deal

Also trials are risky (because juries are stupid) and federal prosecutors are famously risk adverse.

• Locked thread