Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Apologies to people who tried to get in PSGoons over christmas, I have been without Internet for a few weeks and couldn't add you in. If the network survives I'll get you in today or tomorrow

Man, it is the Dead Sea in those comments.

Is PSGoons a Community? I should try to join that I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

El Hefe posted:

I wanted to get Xenogears but those graphics are just total crap, PS1 3d titles have really aged like poo poo.

Get Tomba and Suikoden 1 for things that've aged well.

Oh, and Breath of Fire 3.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

Aw man it's 4? Thanks for nothing Reddit.

BoF3 is pretty, has great music, a cool catman, and a weird fairy game. It's the most anime PS1 game, and it's great.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

barren_sky posted:

Wow, can you believe they're remastering Vakyria Chronicles for PS4? Maybe I'll make it past that cursed tank this time...

$30 for the physical version with a special steelcase is pretty nice! Glad that they're discounting the remasters (this and Gravity Daze) recently.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

Pork Pie Hat posted:

I would say this Wednesday, I think the freebies come out on the first Tuesday if the month.

Yeah, definitely either this Wednesday or Thursday.

Optimistic answer would be Crypt of the Necrodancer, but since it's being sold in Japan that's pretty unlikely.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I would love to play a simplified Diablo-like, with a Full Adult mode added where you get all the normal skill trees. All cartoon violence so you can play with a four year old.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

Kirios posted:

I'll go ahead and post this again

2 > 5 > 3 > 1 > 4.

I really want Suikoden V on PS4 so I can procrastinate replaying it instead of just not replaying it.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

Is BroForce actually fun, or is it like that not-really-Metal-Slug game from last year?

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

Sinners Sandwich posted:

The way I do things is play Arrival and Citadel literally after I beat the game and I dumps you back in the mp to finish up sidequests. Arrival is made to bridge ME2 and 3 while Citadel is a send off to the series and will generally leave you with a better impression of the game.

Yep, that's best. Sure, Citadel takes place before the ending of ME3, but play it afterwards as a personal goodbye. It's amazing.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

Speaking of "this place sucks," it does seem like there are a lot fewer posts all over the place.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

Abu Dave posted:

I wish they would put the Sega Genesis Collection out in the US for PS4

I'm still mad that it has Sonic 1, 2, 3, and S&K, but not Sonic 2 and Knuckles or Sonic 3 and Knucles.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

Watrick posted:

I'm half tempted to get GWG just to get this and next month's games.

They were giving away a free month recently. Maybe it's still active?

Also, is there a free section/url for the Xbox store, similar to the one for the psn?

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

Even when ps+ is subpar, you still get to keep paying the IGC. On a good month, your membership becomes more valuable. On a bad month it keeps its value.

I like Broforce though.

If I were to make guesses for upcoming months, it'd be Tales of the Borderlands and Infamous SS, aside from Indies.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

Infamous 2 is so, so much better than SS. Sure, there are only the power sets, but I think the overall structure of those powers is more fun... Plus a plot that had more than a small handful of missions.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

A triple A game and an indie racing game? Hell yeah!

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

barren_sky posted:

PS+:
PS4
Dead Star
Zombi (U)

PS3
I Am Alive
Savage Moon

Vita
Shutshimi
A Virus Named Tom

There you go, a AAA game.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

El Hefe posted:

We should get at least an anime sale since it's Golden Week next week.

Oh yeah, good point. Anime games ho.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

CVagts posted:

I bought Cyber Sleuth for $35 because gently caress it why not, I need another RPG to sink into.

Also everyone should buy Suikoden 2 and 3. 2 because it's one of the best RPGs ever made, and 3 because it's pretty good and $3, and buying both will hopefully lead them to finally get 4 and 5 on PSN. :argh:

What combo of things do I have to buy to make them release 5 before 4? No one needs 4.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

univbee posted:

PS+ list, sorry no Watch_Dogs or badtris

Tropico 5 (PS4)
Table Top Racing: World Tour (PS4)
Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 (PS3)
LocoRoco Cocoreccho! (PS3)
Switch Galaxy Ultra (PS Vita, PS4)
God of War: Ghost of Sparta (PSP, PS Vita)

Cool, I don't have those.

Switch Galaxy... is that by WayForward? Any impressions?
Same for LocoRoco, is it pretty much the same for the PSP games?

Also, Ni-Oh is really cool!

Skychrono fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Apr 27, 2016

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

The SUPER AWESOME edition of Trials is $15. That means it's Trials plus $30 of DLC. AKA, get that, it's great.

If you're not sure, get the demo of Trials Fusion. If you like that, get the game.

Also, get the demo of Rayman Legends.

Also, I know you only had $10, I'm sorry.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

Montalvo posted:

Oh poo poo, I might go for this. N++ still has plenty of content to satisfy my platformer needs.

I really love Trials Fusion. There's a ton of good content, and with the SUPER AWESOME edition you get every piece of "content" so there are no user-created levels that would be locked. That is, you will have everything in the game thus far.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I highly recommend both Jackbox games, though the first one is better.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

Yeah, there are definite duds. Dragon Fin Soup and Titan Attacks for me, probably, but that's with me not even touching boring-sounding things like Woah Dave.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

They only changed it on select titles, seemingly those with pre-order bonuses like South Park.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

abagofcheetos posted:

i have one of these if someone is interested. $10 paypal, claim here then shoot me a PM

Sure, I'll take it. A free-ish theme is nice. I'll pm you in a second.

Skychrono fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Jun 20, 2016

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

Since we were just talking about anime games, how is One Piece Burning Blood? It's not in this sale but it will be soon at this rate.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

Coldforge posted:

Another sale incoming, this one "Superhero" themed.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/superhero-sale/cid=STORE-MSF77008-SUPRHROSLELP

No games listed yet, other than Injustice ($8/+$6) & Lego Marvel Avengers ($42/+$39).

I've never seen a Lego game keep its price for so long, it's kinda amazing.

Has anyone tried Moon Hunters? I backed it on KS but they haven't sent keys out yet it seems.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

Just a shot in the dark, but is there any particular reason to expect there will be one of those "Spend $100, get $15" deals next month? I'm about to buy the Destiny DLC (for $30) which requires some other Destiny DLC (for $20), so that's $50 I may as well spend in September if I can get a deal. Otherwise, I spend it now because I get to play one of those DLCs early.

I'd probably buy PS+ with the other $50 and can thus feel like I'm getting a deal before the price shoots up.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

univbee posted:

Not actually an answer to your question but do you own the first two DLC's? You can't actually buy Taken King unless you own them, and thus have to buy the entire package for $60 which includes everything (even Rise of Iron).

Thanks for double checking! Yeah, I had the original season pass so it had DLC 1-2. I want to get back in with 4 (RoI), so I need to buy 3 (TTK).

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

univbee posted:

OK. It might also be worth checking if you qualify for the upgrade pricing for the whole package (I think this depends on having the PS3 versions of stuff, but since they're mostly cross-buy you might); I'm pretty sure that's under $50.

Nope, unfortunately I was/am a PS4 player. Thanks again.

Technically I can save a dollar or two thanks to the preorder bonus at Amazon, of 20% off - so $48 for the complete collection at Amazon. But that's a $2 savings and you don't get the pretty-awesome Dynamic Theme.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

BOAT SHOWBOAT posted:

Some of my favourite games are

- Half-Life 1,2 + episodes plus Portal 1+2
- Uncharted 1+2+3+4 and the Last of Us
- Limbo and Inside, Brothers scratched the itch of this niche as well

These might seem three or more different genres going on here, but there's a lot of commonality;

- these games are all single-player and narrative driven, and mechanically simple
- NOT open world or bloated
- however they don't go so far into the "not really a game" interactive movie idea as things like Quantic Dream/Telltale/Until Dawn
- all do environmental storytelling well and as such are very immersive
- are very "well-paced"; even the ones that are more action heavy (ie Half-Life, Uncharted) have quieter and puzzle moments so that they're not too repetitive
- the entirety of each of these games is exciting because you're always wondering what's next around the corner

What else would scratch this itch?

Tightly delivered narrative experiences. I can dig it.

The Swapper is a good environmental and haunting puzzle game.
What about character action games? Bayonetta isn't quite mechanically simple, but it has a great complexity curve. God of War works too.
Maybe the Bioshock Collection could work. The pacing isn't perfect but Bioshock 1 is a pretty great game for its majority.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

So Final Fantasy XIV is $15 for the game, its expansion, and a free month.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00UO4NL9Y?tag=dreldarion-20&th=1

Out of curiosity, what's actually in the package? I suppose it's a disc instead of a download code, but is the disc of any use to you if you don't have a sub? Is Heavensward something separate? I'm wondering if I can lend/sell it after my month, if I don't like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

IMO, the games get worse as they go on, and Knight is TERRIBLE at easing you into it... it acts as if you were playing City the day before.

So play them in order. Or just play the first one.

• Locked thread