Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Mr E posted:

Isn't that like 57ish real money.

Unfortunately we are not paid in "real money" though so it's a real $25 increase for us.

Just a few years ago I was buying nearly everything in the US because our dollar was worth more and you have cheaper prices/taxes on top of that. Now Americans are coming here to shop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

How is Life is Strange? Worth the 20 bucks for the season pass?

One of my favourite surprise games, better than any of TellTale's stuff.

I immediately bought Beyond Two Souls afterwards to hopefully experience more of the same but that one was a bit too serious/full of itself.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Saoshyant posted:

Oh dear.

While not entirely the same thing you probably should have gone with Transistor. Or for a similar style of game but just humorous, Tales from the Borderlands.

I bought the latter but it didn't grab me after the first episode. Will give it another shot eventually though.

I don't regret playing Beyond (never had a ps3) but it seemed to blow some good ideas and what must've been an enormous budget.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I can actually imagine trying broforce and haven't said that about a ps+ game since rocket league.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

CVagts posted:

The Rory McIlroy golf game is poo poo, right? A sports game at that price is tempting but I'm almost positive I heard terrible things about it.

Yes, I haven't played it once since the first day it downloaded, after thinking "how bad could it be?"

Used to play lots of non EA golf games over the years but they can never get it right in the fun department.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I wonder how many ps4 theme users also unreadable Geocities webpages.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Autocorrect ate a word. Should have said "I wonder how many ps4 theme users also had unreadable Geocities webpages," in reference to the busy backgrounds people used on those.

Or am I dating myself with a Geocities reference? :(

UnfortunateSexFart fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Feb 11, 2016

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I'm really enjoying Siege so far. Would recommend picking it up in the sale. It's a lot less one dimensional than I feared.

PSN leidend if you want to play with a fellow noob.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I just traded five games and a phone for psn cards and can't find a thing to buy. Good times.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I find myself considering the division despite not being excited about it only because I have $150 in psn cards and there is jack poo poo else to buy for a long time. Watch Dogs was a turd too but I almost platinum'd it due to the similar release time.

I love almost all Clancy games, tried rs siege recently and love it but I'm so so bad.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Billy Elliot posted:

Try the open beta this weekend. Just search division beta in the store to preload. Servers go up at like 3am Friday morning EST.

I already tried the closed beta. It's so brainless and repetitive but seems like it could be a decent "chilling after work" game.

I bought it :ssh:

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I have Siege gold and don't recommend it. The grinding is far easier than I expected and you don't get anything but free operators and skins.

I've had it for a month, have everyone/most gun mods unlocked, and could easily buy the next round of dlc operators by the time it comes out.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

univbee posted:

They do not. I have a sneaking suspicion it's to discourage massive poaching by U.S. buyers since the tanked Canadian Dollar makes quite a few titles significantly cheaper when you factor in the exchange rate.

Can't be that, its been that way since the Cdn dollar was higher/at par.

I'd just buy cards at eb games unless you live in the middle of nowhere.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

barren_sky posted:

And $630 including tax in Canada. Ouch.MSRP is CAN$550.

Tax rates are different in every province.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Man the Call of Duty games are still expensive. I guess I'm better off fishing them out of a gamestop bargain bin. I just want to play their campaigns

I put blops 3 in the SA Mart many months ago for $25 shipped and didn't get a sniff. Ended up trading it for credit

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Is psn ever going to have a good sale again?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Harlock posted:

Haven't you bought GTAV at not a significant discount yet

Only three times (360, ps4 physical, ps4 digital)

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

axleblaze posted:

Yes, there will never be a good sale on pan. It's been like two whole weeks since they had some interesting deals so surely this is a sign that Sony now hates us and will never put anything but GTA, Atlus games, Assassins Creed games and COD games on sale again.

This loving thread sometimes...

Or maybe perhaps it was tongue in cheek.

The last psn sale game I bought was Rory McIlroy PGA Tour. Not my best decision.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Fix posted:

Noooo! Seriously? I hadn't heard that and bought it.

It's fine. A bit dated by PS4 standards but I bought it and enjoyed it (never tried it last gen).

I'm also interested in ESO impressions. Has it improved since launch?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Ugh I didn't even notice Bully, can't ignore it at that price.

RIP Rockstar Vancouver, you are missed

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I liked the non-linear story. Would be a bit samey chronologically.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I only played Dishonored recently and was pretty unimpressed. One of the best games ever is a stretch, maybe more revolutionary when it was new. That said, worth a shot at $16.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Canadian dollar is back up to 80 cents US. That means games will go down $10 any day now right? Lolololol

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

If Mad Max would've just let me do the main story I would've enjoyed it but locking sections behind huge amounts of grinding made me give up on it.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Awesome! posted:

its great not having to worry about space if you dont compulsively buy every game that is released on the platform*

I remember people saying this when I maxed out my 500gig drive in the first calendar year. Now got about 30% space left on 2TB, although I admit I can delete a lot this time.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Yeah even though I already bought and sold NBA 2k I would still consider it one of the top 5 PS+ games on PS4 if it really is a freebie. If you like basketball at all it's amazing, only the career mode script is awful.

On another note, if I didn't like the first hour of Until Dawn is anything going to change my mind later? edit: oops thought this was the ps4 thread

UnfortunateSexFart fucked around with this message at 05:18 on May 29, 2016

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I thoroughly enjoy watching goons get as confused by basketball as I do with games like Persona and Odin's Sphere.

NBA's controls are great compared to other sports games like UFC and The Show.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

SpacePig posted:

e: How is GTAV still more expensive than Fallout 4 in this sale? Why is it always so goddamn expensive?

GTA V is a good game that still sells and FO4 was a piece of poo poo.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Syrinxx posted:

I got two $100 PSN cards in the Best Buy BOGO sale but I can't add the 2nd one because it says "The Prepaid Card transaction exceeds the Wallet limit."

If my googling is right, the limit is $150. If I preorder a $60 title would it immediately deduct the cost so I could add the 2nd card? Or should I just stash it in a drawer until my wallet dips below $50?

If you aren't in one of those nice countries with consumer protection, yes, pre-orders automatically charge you.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

thejacob posted:

Anyone else gotten their 15 sony bux for spending 100 yet? I am worried that they are going to try to cheat me out of it since the fist 50 of my 100 was psn auto-renewing the day the deal started.

I got a notification on the ps4 itself but it's not in my wallet.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

wtf i bought battleborn deluxe at like 3am last night. oh god no

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Rirse posted:

I imagine 2K is only holding on with the money Rockstar has to give them for being their publisher.

NBA 2k is one of the biggest franchises in gaming.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I just finished a level of Battleborn. It's... alright? Like a sluggish Borderlands 2. I didn't love BL2 like most people so I'd say they're pretty close in quality.

jabro posted:

And I bet GTA Online kicks the poo poo out of it in revenue.

Yeah but people go insane with sports micro dlc too.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

shmee posted:

This was the first thing I noticed. It just feels really slow.

Interesting, I thought it might be just me since I am a regular RS Siege player and turn the turning radius speed way up.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Shocker but I really regret Battleborn. Its just so dull. The idea of more depth than Overwatch appealed to me, but I like playing Overwatch (for short periods) and can't get through one match of Battleborn without being bored to tears and overwhelmed by particle effects.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Ineffiable posted:

Didn't anyone try to warn you?

I have a habit of making bad PSN purchasing decisions post-3am. I knew the rep but there are other games I buy on a whim that I love. Like I got RS Siege on sale and that is maybe my fav multiplayer ever now.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

If they add psvr free games I'll be more OK with fuckin $80 per year.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

MysticalMachineGun posted:

If Sony bundle PSTV with PSNow and PS+ they better still have a PS+ option as TV won't work outside of the US and half the planet doesn't have the internet speeds required for PSNow.

E: By TV I mean PSVue

Wouldn't be any different than stuff like Amazon Prime which is basically just a cloud drive and faster shipping in Canada for example (still $80 per year).

Also are there no sales this week or what?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I'd like SFV plz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Is this Life is Strange? Y'know, I really ought to check that one ought. Isn't it a time manipulating adventure game? Does it poo poo itself at the end or is it worth picking up?

It does poo poo itself somewhat at the end but still a must-play.

I've never spent any significant time (like less than 10 minutes) with Final Fantasy games but saw Spirits Within in the theatre for some reason.

• Locked thread