Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I love those cute anime pictures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Monpiece on PS+ in 2016

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I bought one of these for my JP account. No lie. I rather liked the variety.

It's me. I'm the demographic.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

How is the Godzilla game for PS4? A local shop has it at discount on 20 bucks and I'm sorely tempted to buy it.

I hear that is the perfect price point for it, especially if you're a GOJIRA fan.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

arisu posted:

Xenogears, finally!

Can pick it up despite currently sitting 6 feet from the disk on a shelf.

Also getting FFT as well, despite already buying War of the Lions since I found that version completely unplayable due to slowdown.

Mostly wanted to keep building my PS1 library for my Vita.

I recently bought the Android version of FFT, and it is by far the best version of the game. It's worth grabbing on mobile.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

please do not buy vd in 12 hours, d_t

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I own the game, I want the money for it's DLC.

you both disappoint me and never disappoint me

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Also, I checked the JP PSN store on my JP Vita, and Valkyrie Drive's only DLC item (outside of a theme) is in-game coins. What do they even do?

e:

Google Translate posted:

The contents of the explanation
is the DLC coin underwear printer.

why did i even ask

Takoluka fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Jan 13, 2016

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

axleblaze posted:

My god, it's like it was made by someone that found Senran Kagura a little too subtle.

It's made by the guy who made Senran Kagura. So yes.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Baal posted:

Because Erin Fitzgerald is bad

She voices Noire in Nep and makes me hate Noire, so she's a good VA.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

D_T is the T_T face pressed up against a boob.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Lord Ephraim posted:

Because holy poo poo I am not doing Mario Golf Expert Mode again.

What, you didn't like the water hazards in the sewer?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

strategery posted:

Was wondering the same. I own the base game.

No. Democracy Strikes Back is the current version of the base game. The DLC version was like "Super-Earth Ultimate Edition" or something.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

BoF3 is where people really took notice of the series, especially since BoF1 and 2 were so incredibly bizarre.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Sakurazuka posted:

BoF2 has one of the worst SNES translations ever.

This is true, but it's also kind of endearing as a result. Isn't there some option that is the literally the opposite of what it's supposed to be?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

The game itself is a trophy, friend.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Sakurazuka posted:

Yeah, Neptunia V-II and Nitroplus Blasterz in the same week, I dunno what I'm going to do.

I hear Blasterz is pretty rough around the edges, so you'll probably spend more time on Nep, which is very good on the PS4.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

^^^^^^ np, buddy

You forgot to take out your name once.

Takoluka fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Jan 29, 2016

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Uh, after some month I tried again to add my credit card to the store and while the webpage said the credit was invalid; my bank just notified me that Sony charged me 1 dollar.

I guess it was added after all?

This eventually started happening with my main debit card, so I put my Google Wallet card on file. That way, if there's some dumb hack, I can cancel it painlessly and go from there.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Sakurazuka posted:

Abyss and Legendia were the only PS2 Tales games to get a western release I think. Graces F is PS3

I keep having this weird issue here I swear we got Tales of Destiny 2, and then I realize that we got that name but not that game.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Sakurazuka posted:

US Destiny 2 was originally Eternia, right?

Yeah. I'm not sure why they did that, outside of trying to run on Destiny's "popularity", but was Destiny even that big here? When did Tales actually get big in the West?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Copyright law is really dumb sometimes.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Shnag posted:

Does anyone know if Dragonball Xenoverse (for the ps4) is any good? I'm a big fan of the franchise, but never had any of the games. I've played one on gamecube years ago, though I found the fighting system a little weird.

I also want to get rocket league, but I don't really want to pay full price for it. I should have gotten it a couple months ago when it was on sale, now I'm not sure when thats going to happen again.

Full price for Rocket League is a good price. Buy Rocket League.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

It's not. It's actually really bad. Why are they doing this?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Yeah, it's been on sale on Steam for 99¢, and even at that price point, I have to be further convinced to pick it up. $12 for that game is a joke.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Ignis posted:

Wait, Arslan Musou got licensed?! :wtf:

That seems hella obscure

I'm excited. Already got my preorder.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I believe the Onechanbara Z games were rated CERO-Z and still managed to do pretty well in Japan, but I can't say if that's an exception or something.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

lets hang out posted:

They don't really do well, they're just extremely cheap to make. Same as your senran kaguras and your bullet girls and so on.

The Z and Z2 games had decent visuals and higher profile voice casts, so I feel like that's not as accurate as it used to be. Then again, I don't know how much "cheap" is when it comes to JP game development.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

If it ain't broke!

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

MisterAlex posted:

I watched that show with some friends a few months back. It was pretty funny, and I'd be down for a PS4 theme of it, but this implementation is pathetic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcruYjyay_s

I don't think I've ever seen a good static PS4 theme.

Also, in Japan, there were official GuP voice packs that you could put into the PC version of WoT. They were pretty good.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Buy FF7 again.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

SpacePig posted:

I didn't buy it the first time.:smuggo:

I didn't play the game at the time, and now the graphics are just too dated for me to put up with since I have no nostalgia for the game itself. I feel like I missed out on a real big cultural phenomenon by having my first Final Fantasy game be 8.:(

FF6 also had dated graphics, but it's still worth playing.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Sakurazuka posted:

Hazarding a guess at: it's really loving slow. Glaciers move faster than FF9's combat.

Yes, I know glaciers actually move surprisingly fast, shut up.

Well, FF9 just came out on iOS/Android (and soon to Steam) with the speed booster option!

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Emalde posted:

Why is nobody pointing out the PS4 Transistor theme :confused:

This and the Axiom Verge theme. No matter what theme I'm using, I find myself always going back to the Axiom Verge one.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

It's "serviceable" in terms of performance. The problem is that a lot of other parts of the game are still broken.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

This is a pretty weak week for sales, releases, and everything.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Happ did make a blog entry about the Vita version a few days ago. It runs! That's... all so far!

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

CrashCat posted:

:laffo: at putting Super Stardust on the Plus game collection, since that was one of the games they gave away to apologize for being hacked. Guess they are really running out of poo poo to put up there

They could start putting up good games again or offering just SOMETHING ELSE. Hell, give new PS+ people the option to pick from some old PS+ freebies they may have missed out on. I don't care. Anything.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

axleblaze posted:

Super Stardust HD is a good game though :confused:

Oh yeah, it most definitely is, and I got it, because my PlayStation account was compromised some years back. Because I decided to stick with them and give them more money, I am now offered it again! It's a win-win!

But by good games, I mean, like fuller, higher-quality games. Like, P4AU shouldn't be the rarest of exceptions. Years ago, we got things like Dragon's Dogma and Uncharted 3. Now, we have... Dragon Fin Soup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

He left and took the PS TV with him. :(

• Locked thread