Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy
Happy to see the new Knack thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Yoya posted:

some new ps4 pre orders are hitting 84.99 on amazon.ca so that might be the new baseline msrp :mcnabb:

Is this lower or higher than the norm for Canada? This equates to ~$60 USD.

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

El Hefe posted:

oh yeah Suikoden 1 was the one that was early era

I had a PS1 in 1996 and I used to buy almost every game but somehow I never even heard of these games until recently

Physical copies of Suikoden 2 are pretty rare. I purchased mine from Electronics Boutique back in the day, kind of on a fluke, as I had no desire to play Suikoden 1 due to its (amazing) cover.

I was happy to see Suikoden 2 on PSN as it's a solid game.

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
I liked Awakening for its added class/prestige stuff. I never really used Anders (he's introduced in that expansion), but he's a real piece of work in DA2.

Edit: minor spoilers

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

barren_sky posted:

Oh, that's interesting. I've been keeping an eye out for a good deal on Nobunaga's Ambition. I know both of these series' are pretty deep strategy games. Is one a bit simpler than the other? I'm a bit more educated on Japanese history, but if Romance of the 3 Kingdoms is more beginner-friendly I may wait for that one.

Policenaut covered it nicely, but if you decide to try the recent NA, I posted some helpful information regarding it in the Before I Play thread (not on the wiki :argh:)
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?action=showpost&postid=449952763

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

epitasis posted:

the heck is Sony Rewards should I have been signed up for this?

It's their credit card. Their point system for rewards is glacial for the average consumer, if you're curious.

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

I have used these guys here for a few years now (they accept Paypal):
http://jp-ecards.ocnk.net/

The average wait time varies -- sometimes I get it in like 5 minutes, other times it takes them a few hours.

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
hahaha Sony is so loving weird

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
"Barely" may be a bit harsh unless there's something I don't know about, but the load times in console FO4 are pretty loving bad and there's areas in the game that are notorious for massive frame loss. Basically it's another open world Bethesda game.

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Thief talk: go into it like it has nothing to do with Thief and it's an easier pill to swallow. Pretend fake Garrett thinks he's really cool and charming and is Batman and there's a gas leak nearby always.

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

elf help book posted:

Or play something else.

Dishonored is really good.

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Suikoden 5 is exactly what the series' third entry should have been--a bigger, slightly flashier Suikoden 2 with a few new additions to the battle system or something like that.

That's exactly why I enjoyed 5. They went back to the well instead of doing these ship battles or whatever the gently caress. It was a good send-off to the series too unless you count that PSP Suikoden game that never left Japan.

Isn't BoF3 ridiculously long? I beat that game when it came out and when I had the free time to do so, I can't imagine trying it now.

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Kind of surprised there's still that many Vita games coming out. Even if they are mostly cross-buy and mostly indies or anime.

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
On the other hand I did not enjoy Zestria as much as the others. Holy poo poo that bad camera, and then there's the combat which takes a while before becoming more flashy & over the top. Xillia 2 has everyone in classy suits and there's quite a bit of jazz, making it my favorite of the bunch that's on sale. There's some bad stuff, though, like not being able to switch characters on the world map, reused assets, but I thought the setting and combat made up for it.

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
When you consider E3's cringeworthy past, the Unravel reveal hardly registers. Guy just seems excited.

Go watch Jamie Kennedy at E3 for some real fun.

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Saoshyant posted:

The Skullgirls one is also pretty good with its jazzy music.

I have never played Skullgirls and I like that theme. Last I checked it was exclusive to pre-order or something along those lines.

Corn Love on my PS3 and FF7 theme on my PS4 is what I got.

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Billy Elliot posted:

Someone told me Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime is a good game. Any opinions on it?

You most likely already know this but it's pretty much a coop game. It can get tough and hectic, making it a bit rough for people new to games. Lots of micromanaging what you need to boost and moving between stations.

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Anyone have any opinions on Sniper Elite 3 UE or CastleStorm for the PS4?

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Captain Yossarian posted:

Sniper elite is a pretty good "shoot Nazis in the balls" simulator, at least on PC

zenintrude posted:

Sniper Elite is very very fun.

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Castlestorm is fun in an slightly more complicated Angry Birds way

Thanks! I'll pass on Castlestorm but x-ray shooting dude's balls sounds classy.

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

If you want a great David Cage game Until Dawn exists.

This is the correct answer.

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
That JASON button

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
I have bought two season passes in my life, and the one that made me stop was the one for Destiny's pre-order. I never touched any of that content. When I looked at Batman's season pass it made me feel slightly better. Poor bastards.

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
I enjoyed Octodad, but I don't think it's exclusive.

Edit: I guess Roundabout might fit that bill too?

Edit2: Oh wait you said "arty." Ignore these.

Mayor McCheese fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Feb 19, 2016

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Is octodad better on ps4 or vita?

I have only ever played it on the PS4 with couch coop mode. Was pretty great.

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
I'm not sure how bad it is now, but I had to play JC3 exclusively in offline mode. It would be less of an issue if it didn't have to load the challenges to unlock poo poo, because that's when it's most noticeable.

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
I hope they never give away the greatest game: Knack

the holy grail of PS+

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

well poo poo

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Mahjong (not the matching game) confuses the hell out of me especially with scoring. It doesn't help that anytime I have ever played it, it's been in Japanese. Not sure if I would have the patience to try it these days.

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
I assume it's to honor Christopher Lambert.

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Saoshyant posted:

Not as weird learning Dragon Quest Heroes has absolutely no co-op whatsoever, local or online. My friend who got into musou games by playing co-op Hyrule Warriors at my home brings in a brand new copy of DQH because I told him it would be the same thing but DQ-themed and, lo and behold, we spend way too long trying to find an option somewhere only for me to go "well, this is getting silly, let me check on the Internet real quick". Booo, what a wasted opportunity.

Wow, what the hell. I mean poo poo, I think all the Dynasty Warrior games have coop, so that's kind of crazy.

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
I remember playing it after Tekken 2, Tobal No. 1, and Soul Blade. I couldn't return it fast enough. Jeff Gertsmann seems to enjoy it, though!

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Syrinxx posted:

Wow an actual full title for PS4 and not some pixel graphics indie poo poo.

Not Knack so it's garbage tier

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

barren_sky posted:

Mine showed the proper price, but had a 'download' button under it. I tried downloading it, assuming it would be the demo, but after playing it appears to be completely unlocked. I imagine I'll lose access to it next time I do the 'update content ID'. Similar to when you receive a refund from Sony on a digital title, you'd still have access to the game till the next content ID update and it realizes it's not valid anymore.

Yeah this happened to me as well. Was able to download the game but not "purchase" it.

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

What a terrible game this was. I'm also surprised it's still going.

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

MinibarMatchman posted:

holy poo poo I forgot this. How soon can you do that and gently caress with people, I'd play it just to do that.

There's a one shot kill Sniper Rifle that is pretty late game that also takes out cars. I think most people use that.

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Sylphosaurus posted:

Blood Bowl 2 (really enjoyed the first but it's been suspiciously quiet around this game)

Skip it on consoles. It's a buggy mess.

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

If Shadowfall is my first Killzone (and I don't have a PS3 or want PSNow) is it STILL not worth $5? That's such a low price point and I've paid a little more than that for basically toys (Beam.NG, Universe Sandbox, etc.).

I think $5 is a good asking price. Nothing to write home about outside of its graphics and multiplayer (which has since been outclassed). The more interesting stuff was the resolution upscale method in multiplayer that got a lot of panties in a twist, including someone trying to sue Sony for lying about the golden cow that is 1080/60fps, and the usual fanboy PS/XBOX pissing contests of the time.

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
PS4 Terraria is glacier when it comes to its PC patches. Wouldn't recommend it on the console.

Sound Shapes gets a lot of a love but it just didn't do anything for me.

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Real hurthling! posted:

I just beat the odin sphere demo in like 2 minutes of play time. wasn't impressed.

I'm a minority when it comes to hating that game and thought maybe they were going to enhance it beyond what I remember it for. I found it to be very tedious and way too light on the RPG elements. I'm sure it opens up at some point since so many people seem to like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Is NBA2K16 the one where Spike Lee did the story and there's a ghost? I cannot wait.

• Locked thread