Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

The packs seems pretty badly priced to me, as the cheapest pack just looks like trash and the next cheapest option after that is 75$ which is a big fat Noooope from me.
Yeah, they should really be $25/50/75. But they know suckers (like me) will still buy the $125, so...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Determining the perfect balance between oily and not-oily is the most important part of character creation.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Rynoto posted:

As a masochist who enjoyed Wushu chinagame what are the chances that Blade and Soul chinagame will live up to the same standards?
If you enjoyed the wuxia cheese and punching/kicking/slashing dudes, then you'll enjoy B&S. The combat is great.

If you enjoyed stealing scripts, throwing up on people, and other associated griffery, there is little enjoyment in B&S to be had.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

How intensive are the material requirements for crafting over time? Can you level a craft decently with only one gathering that matches it, making something like Jewelry and Pottery feasible?

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

It would've been ideal to have an "official" backup server planned for when people just want to play during the inevitable Mushin queues. People are spread out among servers now, although Old Man Cho seems to be the most popular offshoot.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Old Man Cho.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

The funny thing is that, again, much of this could have been avoided by just choosing TWO servers for head start -- one Mushin, one low queue (like Old Man Cho). Ah well, "next" time...

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Am I missing something with gathering water or are they just in high demand? Between beta and now, I don't think I've actually ever gathered water.

Edit:
To clarify, when I go to water on the map it's never gatherable. Anyone else have this issue?

Amante fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Jan 19, 2016

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Seriously though, how do you gather water? Been to a million wells on the map and not once has it ever been interactable.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Keep spamming the NPC or wait a little bit. If you go blue you can pay 6 silver (?) to change it later, but won't be able to join the guild until then.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Skwee posted:

this yellow message in the middle of my screen won't go away
Do some more quests. The game likes to put forced tutorial text on your screen sometimes.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Speaking of Mushin, has anyone's ticket for a transfer of name + founder's items off Mushin gone through yet?

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

There's that $5 deal that gets you a week of premium (and permanently through queues, etc.), you can buy that at cost I think? If not then that'd be lame, yeah.

P.S. Seriously, has anyone (a single person even) gotten their Mushin -> Other Server transfer complete?

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Pierson posted:

Oh, so it's like TERA/SWTOR where if you paid any money at all you get preferred status at queues?
Indeed.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Interesting. I got that e-mail on Monday as well, so I assumed it was imminent... but nothing so far. It's kind of a pain too because we're past F2P release now and the character I made on OMC ALSO has a name I want to keep. If they do the transfer at a bad time I could lose it while offline :(

Will see how it goes I suppose...

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

OMC's queue is a max of 10-20 people at a time if you're premium. If you're not, well...

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Schubalts posted:

Are you sure about this? I can't find that anywhere.
http://www.bladeandsoul.com/uk/news/premium-membership/

Premium Levels are permanent, and spending anything will put you at Level 1 (which unlocks Priority Queue).

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

I just got the "all queues full" on Old Man Cho for the first time. Mashed the play button 2-3 more times and I got through an instant queue of 10, so try that in the future maybe.

Edit: Didn't realize you lost premium benefits while not subbed. Bummer :(

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

khy posted:

If I were to buy an additional slot, would that give me permanent status to the queues or do I need to get a premium membership?

I won't actually spend money until I get in and see if it's worthwhile, but I'm curious what my options are if I actually do play.
Unfortunately I was wrong, you do need to have an active premium membership to receive the benefits (including priority queue). If you're wanting to check it out before the queues probably die down in a few weeks, I'd still recommend dropping $5 on 7 day premium, but I can understand if you're not wanting to put any money in on a game you're not sure if you want to play.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

The classes that do the most burst are going to be stronger at earlier levels, due to lower HP pools and fewer defensive tools being available. There are also specific skills (certain CC breaks, etc.) that some classes NEED to do well, so yeah... if you're PvPing below 45-50, things are gonna be all over the place. PvP will be a little weird in general until we get access to level 50, but it'll be fine over time.

P.S. You may also just be bad. B&S PvP requires fighting game level knowledge/reflexes at the higher levels. If you come up against someone significantly better than you, defeat is likely.

Amante fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Jan 20, 2016

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

sinewave posted:

if you're playing blade dancer, one of the mechanics they don't explain is that you can animation cancel yourself to avoid some of the casting time on RMB when you Q/E strafe.

What other classes have similar tricks?
Apparently Destroyer heavily revolves around cancelling LMB into RMB and vice versa. Over on assassin (which I play), the third hit of your autoattack makes you leap in the air with a long animation but can be cancelled into whatever. There's more I'm sure, but still figuring it out.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Liberatore posted:

Bad loving idea. In a week or two the original servers wouldn't even have queues, all this will accomplish is split the player-base even more.
Agreed. Every time there's release day congestion, people beg for more servers. Every time the developers listen, the same thing happens: 3-6 weeks later, the initial buzz dies down, the "big" servers open up, and the newer ones become ghost towns. Probably not the end of the world with everything being so "cross-server" these days, but it's still a really bad idea. Weather the storm of entitled F2Pers for a few weeks and it'll be fine!

On another note... how do you upgrade a clan from level 1 to 2? I don't see anything on the UI... is there a button that only shows up at higher ranks or something?

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

khy posted:

How do I unlock the in-game camera to view my character from the front?
Hold Alt, then RMB, then rotate with mouse

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

SweetBro posted:

Is there a reason why everything I try to disassemble turns into "Broken Piece"? Am I missing some level requirement here, or do I just have terrible luck I got like 30 of them now?
The higher level the stuff is the more likely it disassembles into powder, at least for soul shields. The crafted cinderlands ones are almost always a powder, for example.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Spuckuk posted:

Theres a tonne of stuff like that in the game, someone had a lot of fun with the translations

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Stuff like that is fun, but they really need to tighten up the menu/item translations. Some of the crafting translations are embarrassingly inconsistent.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I'm dissapointed that the bank people dont have voices in this version. I remember that they did have lines in the chinese version.
Unfortunately, several of them actually do (starting from first town in Cinderlands). Hearing the same line every time you enter X tab gets annoying for me real fast.

Your Computer posted:

Obviously :v: I'm talking more in general, like content actually meant for 2+ people like dungeons, difficult mobs or w/e. Which reminds me, does this game level-scale dungeons, zones, and/or PvP?
You can essentially solo any "dungeon" that isn't a purple portal (Blackram Narrows, etc.). So get gud or bring a friend I guess.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

RPZip posted:

You can solo those too if you get gudder.
As far as I know (which isn't much), you can some... are all soloable though?

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

ShadowMoo posted:

Looking at the leveled VIP rewards makes me somewhat worried. Many of the top tier ones seem very OP.
What? How?

ShadowMoo posted:

I have not played the game yet, but these see somewhat crazy.
:ms:

But in all seriousness, the only bonuses that are really useful are the premium queue (for now at least), the wardrobe storage, and... that's about it.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Eimi posted:

Has anyone in the EU played on the NA and then tried out playing on EU server or vice versa? I am currently on the EU server despite living in America, thanks to some friends, and I am wondering if it is the lag or if I am just awful at playing BM. So wandering if anyone has seen the difference that cross pond lag could create. At least EU servers have been very queue free.
Due to the actiony and fast paced nature of the combat, B&S is very ping dependent. You can choose certain classes to minimize the impact of ping, but it's hard to avoid regardless.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Clairetic posted:

Related: is anyone else getting more hype about this story than they feel like they ought to for an MMO?
Absolutely. I know it's Wuxia cheese, but I really want to wreck Lusang's poo poo. Same goes for that assassin chick in the evil entourage, but that may be because my PC is an assassin and she's acting like she's better than me :shrug:

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

chumbler posted:

Well I mean she is.
Only due to a binary, story-based level advantage. When the time comes, I will WRECK HER poo poo.

Edit:

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

It's gonna be great when the big bad lady tries to do that black rose cut on me again and just gets counter iron shoulder leg sweep headbutted like a chump. All while I'm just yelling NERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRD

Amante fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Jan 24, 2016

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Fenris13 posted:

Are Hongmoon keys special compared to regular keys? I have a few in my bank and am out of regular keys, but need to open plague boxes to upgrade my weapon.
hongmoon X is just a fancy way of saying soulbound version of X. use your hongmoon stuff first, because it can't be sold on the AH.

Verranicus posted:

I was more looking at kung fu master or whatever because I so rarely get to play in an MMO with fists weapons. I just want to know if it's so hard that I won't even be able to level as it without loving up.
leveling is easy with every class, including KFM and Sin. the difficulty ratings are more relevant when it comes to PvP.

Lemming posted:

It seems strange to me that crimson seems to be losing on every channel in Mushin's Misty Woods
what's so strange about it? crimson is the default, path of least resistance choice, so of course it's going to lose more often.

Amante fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Jan 25, 2016

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

KittyEmpress posted:

So I found out why my destroyer felt piddly and weak.

I didn't realize you weren't supposed to be soloing the Giant Mite or Pokey, and had gone out of my way to do the 10 minute fights soloing those was.

KittyEmpress posted:

They are, apparently, the first group content of the game, meant for multiple players! You can queue up using the statues outside, or cross realm queues.

It goes a lot faster I'm sure.
Everything is soloable, including the purple portal dungeons like Blackram Narrows (although those will take more effort and know-how). Assuming there aren't lag or latency issues, your build and/or playstyle need work.

Edit:

Potsticker posted:

Is there a way to avoid or escape Gubong's choking grasp attack while solo?
Use something with invulnerability frames as he comes at you. I know the assassin backdash has them, and I assume most others do as well?

Amante fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Jan 26, 2016

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

tyblazitar posted:

Speaking of strange bugs, did anyone else get the issue where in the tutorial when it asks you to use a healing tonic, you didn't get one? It blocks all progress, even tried deleting the character and remaking and still getting the same bug. A quick google search finds a reddit thread with someone complaining about the same but no solution.
They made a change last patch that moves it to the 8 slot by default, wonder if that's causing some issues. Try pushing it even if it's not visible and see if that helps?

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

tyblazitar posted:

Also, at what level are marketplace and chat restrictions lifted for non-premium players?
Level 15, as far as I know.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

You can get into X faction by spamming the NPC for a little bit. This should probably be in the OP.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Countblanc posted:

So can I go change my faction? Or do I need to reroll if I already picked one? I know it said something about defecting.
You can pay 6 silver to change it at NPCs that start showing up in the first Cinderlands town.

cathead posted:

Hahaha you think people actually read that thing.

:smith:
Fair enough. I should know by now that people never read the OP :)

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Clarste posted:

Item credit also: whenever a party member picks up a quest item you get it automatically. They really want you to party I guess.

To be honest I've never had any problems with competing for mobs in this game, but maybe that's a server size issue.
It'd be nice if they had open tagging but it's never really been a big enough problem for me to gripe about... except for that desert side-quest where you have to collect seven of an item from the dog statues that have four spawn points on a 2-3 minute repop each. I suppose that's less of a problem with the tagging system and more a badly designed quest, though. Seriously, gently caress that quest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Thursday Next posted:

Don't forget the rest of the story!

- everyone is forced to play through the same zones and quests in the same order; there is no "go to a different zone to quest for a while"
- grinding is terribly ineffective, so skipping the quests is basically impossible
You can skip quests anyway (like all the out of the way side quests in the desert), mostly due to how OP hongmoon weapons are. Being a few levels under mobs is not THAT big of a deal.

• Locked thread