Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Spuckuk posted:

Levelling

Its as much rotations etc as builds, only level 25 now

Spec your 2 into tiger strike and probably counter to give you some self healing

For most trash gather them up, counter, stun 2 then 4 and everything will probably be dead.

For bosses just counter and stay aggressive using 2-4 when you can

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Rhymenoserous posted:

Assassin has about 300 different ways to stun someone. I like it. Also it has to be super frustrating to use a heavy hitting ability against someone then they turn into a tree.

Why alot of classes like to spin against assassin to hit the counter and also hit them in stealth

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Rhymenoserous posted:

Everything about crafting seems like a giant pain in the dick. I've barely touched it.

Grab the seal guys and potters, make unsealing charms with basic refiner (soil) and whatever a seal needs.

That's low effort and probably saves you money in the long run.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

tyblazitar posted:

I'm having some problems figuring out the soul shield enhancing thing since nothing in the game seems to tell you how it works. Specifically, how do I know whether I can use a specific shield piece to enhance my current soul shield? It seems like half the ones I get don't work and I can't figure out why.

Same level range I believe

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

tyblazitar posted:

And how are level ranges divided? I noticed I couldn't use level 38 shields on my level 36 set at least.

I think it's just the same level, sorry forgot they were like that (at work), like I can put any 43 shield into my poh set

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

tyblazitar posted:

Thanks! So basically I just have to get soul shields of the exact same level but not of the same set with the desired stats. That certainly narrows it down a lot.

Get Crit, if you are max level run E.Supply chain (the 24 man version) and meld the green ones, you don't have to spend soul shields for that

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Are hongmoon levels separate from regular levels or is this the 50 patch?

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

FoolishLobster posted:

They're separate. Apparently 5 HM levels came before level 50 in other versions.

Cool, so what do the hongmoon skills do for each class? I remember (KFM?) being much better with access to hongmoon skills

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Polegrinder posted:

Woah wait, can you transmog your weapon in this? Or are people just using the weapons that drop over the Hongmoon one?

Manage weapon, the third tab (rightmost one) stick the weapon you want to trasmog in and it'll be consumed.

This transformation persists through breakthroughs

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Velveteen posted:

No, I heard its apparently an old mechanic that was dropped but was kept around for unknown reasons.

Theoretically it can help with build identity, as usually (like in assassin) darkness/lightning have split theme

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Clarste posted:

Well, certainly I feel cool being a wind and lightning storm swordsman, but I was just wondering if there was elemental damage boosting equipment later on, or something like that.

Edit: ^ Yeah, that.

It was more for "These talents are in the same theme and you have an inkling by them sharing element"

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

That is great news as i'm sitting on the storm siren breakthrough on my assassin because gently caress dumping 50 soulstones

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

SpaceDrake posted:

I'm actually curious, without spoiling much does Poharan become a recurring character later on? Between her insane popularity with the fanbases in Asia and her distinctive visual design and musical theme, she seems like a shoo-in to get elevated to "main cast status" in later acts.

I've seen her in a lot of later cut scenes I saw on you tube so I think so.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Monomythian posted:

Should I bother upgrading my hongmoon accessories or do you obtain an entirely new set at 45?

Keep with them at least until you need 5 moonstone transformation stones

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Your Computer posted:

How do assassins handle multiple mobs on higher levels? I'm leveling one now and my biggest issue (and concern) is AoEing/fighting more than one enemy at a time.

They seem awfully squishy, and it feels really weird to have to use potions and dumplings all the time.

Poison spray / Poison mine / the lightning charge, Mostly just skill AOE packs unless you need to kill them

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Minorkos posted:

Are there still EU folk hanging around on Windrest? I could use an invite to the guild if that is a thing. My character is called Joe Hayabusa

About 10 or so of us and I'll hook you up an invite when I get on

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

HapiMerchant posted:

Are you guys ready to FIGHT THIS DUDE AND STEAL HIS HAT FOR YOUR OWN USE TOMMOROW?

Holy poo poo I may have to make a BM Now

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

chumbler posted:

God drat you, Dura.

You can Endura it all.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Bad Parenting posted:

I'd also be down for this once I've improved my gear.

Is the EU Windrest guild on red or blue at the moment?

Red, i'd be down for doing 4 or 6 Mans on my KFM or assassin

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

He can also lock you out of any of the evasive type moves like dashes and charges with some of his attacks

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

seorin posted:

I'm honestly glad it's not just me. That does make me feel a bit better about the hours I wasted trying to get past all the BS before finally giving up.

:smith::hf::smith:

Yeah he's kinda bullshit, the trick is understanding what his most damaging attacks are:

1) double slash, teleport behind, slash once then counter stance into stun into Draw attack
This is the big one, when he teleports behind you break his counter then prepare for the stun

2) His stacking ice damage, 2 stacks of chill then 1 more hit and you get a bomb, he hits you again you explode

Your goal is to basically chain CC him during safe phases as CCing him can cause his move priority to get wierd (if you grab him during the counter-> stun combo he can instantly do the damaging move before you get out of the grab animation)

Everything else so far was cool even the DPS check of the augurite but he just feel so bad.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

RPZip posted:

It's probably worth mentioning that you can pick up 6s of immunity potions on a 30s cooldown at the vendor inside the tower, I think it was 7 silver for 5. I picked them up on spec when I saw them but didn't end up actually needing it, but if you're having trouble with his long combo that knocks you up into the air that should solve the problem.

Eh the long combo isn't the issue for me, the issue is the going full aggro except for when I can't because ccing him will cause bullshit attack skips.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Mao posted:

I guess I've just been going into the fight with the wrong mentality. I've been thinking about it more like a computer pvp battle and not an actual raid style boss like something I'd see in a more traditional MMO. I guess it makes me kinda disappointed cause I was expecting a more dynamic fight, when instead I should have been looking at it like a raid, with burn phases, specific mechanics on timers etc. Just a new version of learning the dance and not standing in the fire.

Its kinda disappointing as I was expecting something else, but it makes sense from a coding/developer perspective. I'll just focus on learning the patterns/fight and see how it goes from there.

It sort of is and if you have good reactions you can treat it like that (remember most PVP is combo based too)

But the key facets of the fight are ensuring you are ready for the counter attack combo (he always stuns after even if you stun him or wait it out) ensuring you don't get frost bombed and making sure you can do those two things (frost nova is hella annoying)

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Tiger strike searing blow specced KFM is some good poo poo, searing palm all day every day

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Looking good in this game is the real endgame, I got Poh's eyepatch and made an ensemble based around it for my assassin:

Sin weapons are so hard to find that match, few places show the sheaths

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

yergacheffe posted:

What's your DPS rotation as KFM on Junghado? I've just been mashing 2R and Searing Blow/Hellfire Kick as they proc. I specced Searing Blow to reduce cd on Searing Palm so I can try to keep up the 4 stacks as often as possible. I don't have the Misty Woods necklace either (nor do I have the practice to do the PVP style Searing Palm kill combo anyways). I'm using awoken profane weapon with a +25ap diamond and infernal jewelry, but I can only get him down to 30% before time's up.

Of course, getting him down to 30% only means I'm like halfway there really because he wastes so much time doing pentastrikes.

I kfm him with that searing blow build, the key things to remember is to use his counter to stun via RMB and you can then do a shin kick to get another searing stack, while also just when you reach searing 4 keep him cclocked and wail.

Your dash back into LMB knockdown is also really good, as is using dodges offensively especially during his spam slash phases ( the long thin rectangle of yellow)

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

occluded posted:

Is assassin PVE really just based in perma-stealthing and pressing RMB->F over and over again? I love the class thematically but if doing, say, Mushins tower involves wailing on the boss while he stands there I'm not sure I can be bothered to level one.

Pretty much, you tend to destroy bosses pretty quickly if it helps any

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Anarkii posted:

It is going to change significantly. Firstly, all bosses at level 50 and some currently have True Sight which lets them see through stealth. Secondly, a shadow build instead of lightning build is much more common at 50. Some key parts of that build are missing currently, but a non-stealth build lets you be much more consistent in dungeon groups.

But yeah I don't find assassin PvE currently to be particularly engaging.

Shadow build is the stack 5 poison then RBF spam right?

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

It's probably becasue in a lot of other games weapon provide a weapon damage modifier, like in FFXIV which makes them humongous powerful for increasing DPS and that sought of thought propagates to B&S

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

yergacheffe posted:

Thanks for the advice guys, I tightened up my CC rotation and was able to beat him with 10 seconds left. Hopefully I can do it faster next time!

You'll always be close due to losing a tonne of time when he starts weaving FPS into his rotation (it's like 20 seconds where you can't hit him at all).

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Money is kinda the driving force in this game, it gets you drops, lets you buy mats and you (hopefully) get it as recompense for doing things

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

I'm legitimately having trouble keeping my gear updated with how fast these content patches are coming out

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

cathead posted:

The good news is there is no new weapon upgrade for this patch, it will stop at True Pirate. Legendary weapons will start dropping in Naryu Labyrinth though, which are super-rare but powerful weapons that can end up being better than your hongmoon weapon when fully upgraded, but have ridiculous material and upgrade costs to get there (like, in the "thousands of gold" range from what I've heard).

You can also just sell the box they come in on the AH for tons of gold if you get lucky enough to get a drop though. Considering how much trouble people have keeping up with even the regular items I think that might be the better route for now.

Accessories are the real thing, 15 moon stones + 150 soulstones

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

GlitchThief posted:

Jesus loving Christ. I still need to get my Awakened Siren weapon and beat floor 7. :negative:

You can do it! I mean honestly you don't even need to keep up that hard with gear I just hate being behind on 2 characters

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

GlitchThief posted:

I hear you. I don't have enough time to keep up on even one character. If we ever get the Soul Fighter class, I'm just gonna have to give up on being even remotely current with content.

By the time they do the steps to get caught up with be easy to overcome via high level gold etc.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

So for warlock is spiritualise the only game in town cause that CD refresh version seems pretty good

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Velveteen posted:

They don't just get a cooldown refresh! They give a buff for your entire party that awakens one or more of their skills to super powered versions.

There's 2 versions, 1 with CD refresh + awaken 1 with 3 cd refreshes in 5 seconds

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

chumbler posted:

I don't know if I'm playing KFM wrong or what, but everything they have at least early on feels really stiff, and I also don't feel like I have a lot of damage. I've had to burn through more potions and dumplings on my KFM than any of the other classes I've tried. Granted this is only up to level 15, but if my main skills feel clunky I am not sure I see that changing with levels. Destroyer, assassin, and FM just feel like they flow a lot better.

Tiger strike aoe version will carry you so far, just survive until talents

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Rylek posted:

Isn't that the sword from the Crimson PvP Faction? I can't check right now but it seems familiar.

Crimson PVP weapons are much thicker but have the same colour scheme

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Orabilis posted:

Is the level cap going to change anything skillwise, besides just giving us more skill points for the extra levels and hongmoon levels?

Opens up poison sin build I think, and will lead to the 2rf for KFM that can refund focus

• Locked thread