Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Your Computer posted:

What do you guys reckon the chance is the padded coat will get added later as a store item? :downs: I want that dumb jacket so badly but I'm neither lucky nor whale enough to try getting it through RNG boxes.

Probably zero.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

There is literally no reason I can see for the wheel to drop a box that turns into exactly one thing rather than just drop that thing other than to waste time. But that's KMMO 101 I guess.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Slowpoke! posted:

A box which needs to be unlocked which contains a weapon which must be unsealed. :downs:

And if it's not what you want you need to click a button, click the item and click yes (or even type in a word) to salvage it!

Maybe one day there will be an MMO that respects the player's time (it won't be a KMMO).

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Bet they're gonna put those at 0.5% drop rate in RNG boxes and go on a major whaling expedition.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I am beginning to wonder if Dura's outfit is even a possible drop.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Karistar posted:

At least it doesn't cost $1000 to get.

Jesus christ.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Given that there is a male version of the black minidress with angel wings, I hope for equality's sake that they add a male counterpart for the dress shirt costumes.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

God drat you, Dura.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Man there is really no good reason for costume drop rates from dungeons and even arguably wheels to be as low as they are in the western release. They are worth a penny, can't be salvaged, people in the west aren't playing in pay by the hour cafes, and they're not even in the cash shop so there's no annoying a player into spending some money. There is nothing for them to gain by having rates so low and nothing to lose from raising them. I think I'm well into the realm of wild statistical improbability on Dura's costume at this point, assuming even just a 1% drop rate.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Amante posted:

It seems that they don't have the highest confidence in their game's chances of long term success.

And they're certainly not making decisions that will help that.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I have finally concluded my business with Dura. Her outfit does in fact exist, I was just extraordinarily unlucky, I guess.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

jaffyjaffy posted:

What was the total run count?

Judging by the number of health potions and dumplings I have, easily at least 250. Each run only took like 2-3 minutes, mostly just slow in-combat plodding to the end of the dungeon to wipe out everything at once, and was entirely brainless. I just did it while listening to the news or podcasts. By contrast, I've gotten beast hunter and many of the wheel of fate outfits in probably fewer than 50.

This is not a ringing endorsement for this game, NCsoft.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Feb 14, 2016

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Anarkii posted:

I think having super rare outfits that drop in dungeons is a good thing in a game rife with cash shop outfits. Cosmetics that reward either skill (top pvp rewards, and some of the hard 4-mans that'll come later) or persistence (0.1% drop items) make people have long term personal goals and strive towards something. WoW has had this dual system of rewarding titles/achievements/mounts etc to both the high-end players as well as those who don't mind repeating something thousand times till it drops/completes. It has worked well for the most part.

0.1% drop items are poo poo, actually. Especially when they are something that has zero possible impact on the game's economy. The fact that MMO players are broken people doesn't mean that's actually a good system.

There is no accomplishment in luck.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I don't know if I'm playing KFM wrong or what, but everything they have at least early on feels really stiff, and I also don't feel like I have a lot of damage. I've had to burn through more potions and dumplings on my KFM than any of the other classes I've tried. Granted this is only up to level 15, but if my main skills feel clunky I am not sure I see that changing with levels. Destroyer, assassin, and FM just feel like they flow a lot better.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

MMOs are truly the genre designed for mindless automata.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

It's fun to stand by a one player dungeon entrance and watch the bots come out, run to exactly the same point, and then run back in.

:rip: this game.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

HapiMerchant posted:

So it looks like there's some sort of autoflag/detect system for F2F trades and the mail system, since I had a friend just get permabanned for "Real Money Trading" because one of his guildies traded him 100 gold. So be careful. He's appealing and its likely he'll get it overturned but the fact it even happened...

Please respect that NCsoft is trying to create a safe space for bots to exist.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Furnaceface posted:

Finally caved in and downloaded this to play with my friends.

Please tell me Destroyer gets more stuff to do when you hold someone. I want to be like Zangief. WIth a big fuckoff axe. :black101:

They do get a spinning piledriver.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Al Baron posted:

Huh.

Either I didn't noticed, or many costumes in the cash shop are now account-bound.

Well that's awful decent of them. Now if only there were a better way to share them than having to mail them between characters.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Server merges are warranted to help with lower level stuff. I've recently come back to farting around in the game trying to get my force master through the story for the free outfit and I see maybe one person out and about in Moonwater in a night, and it's pure luck whether anyone does one of the wheel of fate bosses. And man force master feels repetitive after playing a bit of soul fighter, though I'm sure I'm not playing optimally.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Jul 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Is there a trick to the impostor emperor boss fight in act 4 chapter 36? Because I've tried dodging the grabs it does and I still just take the followup attack damage afterward for no reason. If this is just a stupid damage race against as far as I can tell unavoidable damage, that sucks. At level 49 on a FM even with being slightly undergeared I haven't had too many major problems so far.

• Locked thread