Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

noELrunes posted:

It's a NCSoft game right?

As long as it makes a profit.

Its making plenty of profit in korea, taiwan and china. As long as there is enough money to pay for the translation and the US servers then the game will stay indefinitely up. Sort of like Aion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Warlocks aren't really pet classes. They get a long cooldown nuke that summons a demon that stays for a while but its still a nuke and not a persistent thing.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

TheRagamuffin posted:

Is it worth buying in early just for head start at this point? I'm tempted by the lowest package, but if release is already really close, I'm wondering if I shouldn't just wait and spend that money on Black Desert instead (since there's no F2P option there).

Only do it if you plan to splurge on a high end package. The cheap packages probably weren't worth it when it was giving you beta access, sure as hell aren't worth it when its just head start.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

The packs seems pretty badly priced to me, as the cheapest pack just looks like trash and the next cheapest option after that is 75$ which is a big fat Noooope from me.

Yeah, the first and second tier are trash. Like if the second tier was 60 then fine, but that extra 15 is a big perception hurdle people just wont clear, because 60 gets you new game elsewhere. The $150 pack is actually a good value if you plan to splurge on the game, but again its a big psychological hurdle. They could have cut the character slots on in game cash and had a $100 package and probably made more money.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

drat, I'm somehow actually considering going all in into the game since its probably the kmmo I've played most out of the recent crop of kmmos. Buuuut I'm going out for a planning conference tomorrow and wont be back in time for the headstart. I can just not eat as much and the per diem will cover the most expensive package by itself.

Have they announced prices for things like character slots in the cash shop? I think the only thing I really value is the bank space, character slots and a few dresses maybe.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Thats me when I read mmo oforums

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

If you see yourself spending 100+ over the course of the game then the 125 package is a really is a good deal. Tons of extra characters, bag space, premium time and cash shop money is worth it, but only if you were going to spend money in the first place.

You dont need to spend a dime to have a good time in the game. If you want to play more classes then make another account. The game gives you quests for a tiny bit more bag space but after a while its just for convenience, premium time isnt really necessary either.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Developers are incredibly stupid when they decide to use the same names for beta servers as they do for launch ones.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Good thing the new diablo season just startetd! I'll wait till tuesday and if everything is still hosed up (its going to be worse), I'll just roll a throwaway character on a lower pop server just to see the western version differences and actually understand the story instead of watching of a wuxia movie I couldn't comprehend 9/10 times.

Leveling is so fast in this game it wouldn't take long to cap out my actual main in Mushin once the dust settles.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

At what time is the game going to be available for us plebs tomorrow?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

Wait, you loot by bidding? Weird, what's to stop the infernally rich slash goldbuyers from hoarding?

You get paid in the process so just use your winnings to outbid plebs later.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I made derek smart the skunk girl force master in old man cho just to play for a while. When things calm down in mushin I'll just remake or transfer over

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

So red team is full in old man cho gently caress this gay earth

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

In each survey questionnaire I make sure to say that the game needs more hats.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

So I made my summoner in mushin today, all the servers were open for character creation. In as Tsao Nima

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

poptart_fairy posted:

What classes are friendliest towards players with iffy ping? Got talked into trying this alongside a US friend, but my ping's not particularly reliable.

Summoner probably. Very very little animation cancelling, your pet can deal with things even if you get a spike, etc.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

poptart_fairy posted:

OK, thank you guys. Was hoping to avoid the jailbait race but I do have to admit playing a fluffy bunny girl with a kitty cat shooting flowers at grimdark swordmasters is rather endearing. :v:

If it makes you feel better summoners are sort of obscene. I played both Summoners and Force Masters during the chinese launch and they were both OK with FMs being more overall damage while leveling. Now I start playing both again for this release and find Summoners do so much more damage. Like its no competition that at least during the early game summoners blow them out of the water.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Its a hotfix so if you are already logged in then never log out and you'll never have afk kicks (until a force maint fixes that)

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Xavier434 posted:

Yeah these are my thoughts as well. I think that I would be a much better idea to offer people incentives to transfer to low population servers.

Literally all the servers yesterday were capping out their queues during primetime.

I dont have any issues with developers adding more servers to cope during launch, in a f2p game a person thats not logged in isn't spending any money. The issue is if they leave the emptier servers stagnating instead of just consolidating them afterwards.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Anoia posted:

I wonder if this is gonna change whatever the number #1 server to be is whenever the hype dies down.

There are a lot of organizations that decided to switch to old man chode so right now its probably has more people active than mushin.

Im hedging my bets I have a character in mushin and another there.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Literally like 10 copper in he auction house. You dont need a upgraded hongmoon to clear pre 15 content

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I actually haven't put my uniform on but I've seen plenty of people murdering each other in Mushin. Yesterday when I started my summoner there was a group of like 4 crimson dudes right at the other side of the starter towns instance gate waiting for people that had just gotten their shiny blue outfit to walk in.

e-Also someone was grinding bamboo guards in veridian when a destroyer decided to put on his bamboo uniform and completely destroy the other dude.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Having lots of players on screen hits the game really hard, like as long as Im in a lightly populated szone im getting over a hundred fps. Run into a zone packed with people and I get hit with a pretty big stutter even with gsync.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

poptart_fairy posted:

Why am I enjoying this dumb titty ninja game so much.

Its pretty easy to get into, combat is engaging enough to not get boring even though its pretty much the only thing you do, instances go by really fast and the bidding system is great to extort money from others.

The only real issue is having more things to do at cap, which the coming patches should deal with.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Please do not fall into the costume trap. Find the outfits you like most and go for them instead of getting every single one. You'll run out of inventory space really easily even having premium and the secondary storage.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I'm dissapointed that the bank people dont have voices in this version. I remember that they did have lines in the chinese version.

Speaking of different versions localizations, I'm liking the voices that are there in the English version. Very campy. But anyone found a way to get the chinese voices in this version for the authentic wuxia feeling?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Well after the chi master was announced in the korean version they mention that a very requested class was going to be added this year in the korean version so thats going to be a gun wielder or a bowman. Watch it be a spear man instead :shepface:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Infinity Gaia posted:

I'm not convinced the Pinchy outfit actually exists. It might be some sort of myth, meant to trick foolish people into fighting a stupid scorpion over and over for hours.

I had the pinchy outft for my Lyn FM in the chinese version (they lasted 29 days), it was a onesy that made you look like an angler fish :kimchi:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The chinaman gold spam in Mushin is dreadful. Spending the first few minutes logging in and having through sort that out is horrible.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Even with the servers being closer to me than your average MMO, I still gain some benefits from using private vpns like pingzapper. I can definitely feel combat being more responsive, specially with mouse button attacks.

Each day the queue is getting smaller and smaller. Soon the game will be dead

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I mean mushin has the red numbers its just that we all suck because lets be honest the people that want to pvp went blue because they knew red was just picking reds because of how the clothes look. Now you have a set of clothes taking up inventory space that you cant use because you'll be murdered if you use it.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Schubalts posted:

Some outfits are the same between genders.

That outfit was very popular in the china version, specially with big burly Gon dudes:3:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Kimsemus posted:

So apparently PC gamer slammed BnS in a review, saying it was a bad game with excellent PVP. poo poo hurts, man. :(

PC gamer did a star citizen cover story and they werent even allowed to see any gameplay for it. Thats how relevant they are

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Insensitive posted:

I love this game.

Would this technique be stronger than the sunflower manual?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Playing assassin for the first time since my time in the china version and drat does it feel good with low ping. Your left click comes out so much faster. Some of the things have changed a bit from what I remember, I dont think they had this dark blade attack before and I dont remember so much focus on lightning before. Also playing FM and SMN first made me forget how punishing it is to try and kill multiple mobs without good aoe or sustain. I nearly died to some training dummies with the assassin because I screwed up the pull, got stunned and almost murdered.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Nhilist posted:

Landmine -> explode it -> hit Tab -> Landmine (or whatever it is) -> explode it -> then do shadow dash...stomp never comes up. User error Im sure.

e- Already answered. I think I tripped up like twice too

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Maybe its something they learned from the staggered releases elsewhere but I find its interesting how they were able to release a title with character updates and a lot of the core quality of life improvements the game has while still being just a few patches content wise ahead of the korean launch.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Michaellaneous posted:

I'm not sure if the duelists founder pack is really worth it.
Any insights?

Not at all, you are basically paying for the xp buff food and leveling is dirt easy in the game.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Schubalts posted:

Do you want the wardrobe storage? If yes, get premium.

Yeah now that the queue lines have died down there isn't much reason to have premium other than wardrobe which sucks a lot. That should be a baseline thing because junking costumes in a game that never intends you to break them is a horrible decision. Find some other way to entice people into premium.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I think the most engaging pve content in an MMO was TSW and it was mostly because a lot of it was like a single player puzzle game for the best missions. Like once you actually did the investigation missions there was little reason to go through them again and you'd go right back to farming zombie asses.

• Locked thread